Groups

Parental allowance for sudents

Does anyone have any idea if the parenetal learners allowance for university students is income assessed?
    I've been told different things from different people. The student finance website doesn't seem to have a definite answer.

Thanks in advance.

6 Comments

Do you mean the Parental Learning Grant???

I believe this is not based on income... I know I get it, as long as you have a child/children then you should be fine.

You have to provide your Child Benefit Documents & a birth certificate but there should be no problems (they certainly didint aak me for any wageslips etc)

Original Poster

Thats the one I'm on about!

Some info here: ]directgov

Go on the student finance website it gives you all the money grants available.

Original Poster

Samwards;7856807

Go on the student finance website it gives you all the money grants … Go on the student finance website it gives you all the money grants available.

I know what is available, it just doesn't say if this particular one is income based. Thanks.

Pretty sure the Directgov website has a table on there which'll tell you exactly what you'll get based on your income..
    it's not the best website layout so you need to dig around for it iirc
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Walker crisps11
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767532
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563843
      4. One thing you've forgotten2125

See more discussions