Parents 25th wedding anniversiry. what to do?

12 replies
Found 29th Jun 2009
Im a little confused as what to do with my parents 25th anniversary next month.

There both acting miserable saying they don't wanna do anything but i think they do want to. just to stubborn to say something.

what do you recommend that i could do?

1. Misc
  2. Wedding
12 Comments

It's our 25th wedding anniversary this year too - snap !

We have a big holiday booked and shall probably go out for a family meal too.

Banned

if, like my parents, the dont want a fuss, then just book them in a nice hotel for a relaxing weekend away. Sweet talk the hotel into a complimentary champers as it's their 25th and you'll have a cracking present they can enjoy, remember and not have to fret over!

both of the above suggestions are great. Or how about a surprise party?

We did a family meal for our 25th.

I would counsel that you don't book anything at all without asking them first.

Check with your immediate family that they are available. Find a really nice local restaurant and check that they are not booked up. Ask parents if they would please like to come out with you.

caz1cool;5618490

both of the above suggestions are great. Or how about a surprise party?

that could be a recipe for diaster being as they don't want much fuss !

suze;5618472

It's our 25th wedding anniversary this year too - snap !We have a big … It's our 25th wedding anniversary this year too - snap !We have a big holiday booked and shall probably go out for a family meal too.

Snap! We're off to the Maldives for 2 weeks:-D

Not sure about the family meal idea, though, I might just leave it up to the kids to surprise us with something.

My parents 25th anniversary in october and I have been wondering this.

If you do decide to do a party or family meal or something, I did bookmark ]THIS page a while ago, some different 25th anniversary stuff, not just the usual plates and napkins.

My parents renewed their vows on their 25th

Meal out sounds good, I once went to a surprise party, when the guests all shouted "surprise", the guest of honour turned and left, mumbling something about he said he didnt want a party.

Think I would so the same, I hate surprises.

Depending on where you live, but I took mine for an overnight stay in London with meal thrown (not literally lol) in, as they had not been there for years.

Original Poster

ive had a look around for flights. was thinking singapore but there like £1000 per person. Ouch!

Not really sure what to do to be honest. Might just have to be the suprise party
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54415467
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522885
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604830
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314660

See more discussions