Groups

Parents......

Why you shouldn't let the 13 year old take care of the hamsters.......

See link below!

32 Comments

Original Poster

youtube.com/wat…s5A

They "accidently" ( ha!) got together.......

Banned

OMG dont, i remember us looking after a friends over xmas when daughter was about 7, woke up to find it locked up in her jewellery box, it wasnt dead, but next mornng it was

Original Poster

sassie;4882529

OMG dont, i remember us looking after a friends over xmas when daughter … OMG dont, i remember us looking after a friends over xmas when daughter was about 7, woke up to find it locked up in her jewellery box, it wasnt dead, but next mornng it was

Lol.. I remember when I was young... I bought a hamster, that I hadn't asked permission for... it lived in my big yellow teapot for two days before I got busted! :oops:

Banned

dmh77;4882553

Lol.. I remember when I was young... I bought a hamster, that I hadn't … Lol.. I remember when I was young... I bought a hamster, that I hadn't asked permission for... it lived in my big yellow teapot for two days before I got busted! :oops:

awwwwwww, better outcome than the one we looked after though, and could never let my kids have one after that :oops:

Banned

wtf i dont get it?

oh they had babies but how is that the 13yo's fault?

dmh77;4882553

Lol.. I remember when I was young... I bought a hamster, that I hadn't … Lol.. I remember when I was young... I bought a hamster, that I hadn't asked permission for... it lived in my big yellow teapot for two days before I got busted! :oops:

haha @big yellow teapot. I had one of those too!
    Do hamsters hibernate?

How you doing dmh? :-D

Banned

they look well cute btw!

Original Poster

sassie;4882557

awwwwwww, better outcome than the one we looked after though, and could … awwwwwww, better outcome than the one we looked after though, and could never let my kids have one after that :oops:

Lol, our dog accidently stepped on one of our hamsters.... he's a big dog... :oops:

imranmaz;4882560

wtf i dont get it?

Babies!!!! :-D

Banned

Also:-

Allow the mother to nurse for three weeks without any disturbance, not even cleaning the cage.

Leave her, the cage, and especially her babies alone, with the exception of discreetly topping up her food and water.

This is particularly important for the first time mother, who under stress, has been known to kill and even eat her babies.

Original Poster

kaits;4882563

haha @big yellow teapot. I had one of those too! Do hamsters hibernate? … haha @big yellow teapot. I had one of those too! Do hamsters hibernate? How you doing dmh? :-D

Lol... they do if you let em get too cold!!! One of my lil bro's went to the tip that way.... :?

I'm good thanks, you?

Original Poster

DLM;4882599

Also:-Allow the mother to nurse for three weeks without any disturbance, … Also:-Allow the mother to nurse for three weeks without any disturbance, not even cleaning the cage. Leave her, the cage, and especially her babies alone, with the exception of discreetly topping up her food and water. This is particularly important for the first time mother, who under stress, has been known to kill and even eat her babies.

Trust me... we have researched the advice... A LOT!

We kinda played it by ear, but the mummy has been more than happy to have a break.... and the lil uns are also V happy!

Banned

dmh77;4882612

Trust me... we have researched the advice... A LOT! :)We kinda played it … Trust me... we have researched the advice... A LOT! :)We kinda played it by ear, but the mummy has been more than happy to have a break.... and the lil uns are also V happy!

Good luck with them x x

Original Poster

DLM;4882623

Good luck with them x x

Thanks hun! X

dmh77;4882601

Lol... they do if you let em get too cold!!! One of my lil bro's went to … Lol... they do if you let em get too cold!!! One of my lil bro's went to the tip that way.... :?I'm good thanks, you?

Glad to hear it:-D
    [email protected] fatality. I suppose its an easy mistake to make if they feel cold and are in a deep sleep. I wouldn't mind a hamster as a pet. Though i am really into snakes and spiders.
    I am good thanks. They are cute little creatures. They nibble through wires when they escape.

Original Poster

kaits;4882650

Glad to hear it:-D [email protected] fatality. I suppose its an easy mistake … Glad to hear it:-D [email protected] fatality. I suppose its an easy mistake to make if they feel cold and are in a deep sleep. I wouldn't mind a hamster as a pet. Though i am really into snakes and spiders. I am good thanks. They are cute little creatures. They nibble through wires when they escape.

Lol, they grow SO fast!!! 20 days ago, they were little sausages with legs.... I could see through thier skin and everything!!!! Look at em now! :w00t:

Daughter also has 2 stick insects.... she hatched them herself too!!! :thinking:

dmh77;4882675

Lol, they grow SO fast!!! 20 days ago, they were little sausages with … Lol, they grow SO fast!!! 20 days ago, they were little sausages with legs.... I could see through thier skin and everything!!!! Look at em now! :w00t:Daughter also has 2 stick insects.... she hatched them herself too!!! :thinking:

That is impressive she hatched em, shows she has taken the time to learn all about them and not lost interest.
    Oh stick insects are great for kids, you just know she is going to progress to Tarantula
    Will you let her keep bigger creatures or is there a limit to what she is allowed to have dmh?

Original Poster

kaits;4882709

That is impressive she hatched em, shows she has taken the time to learn … That is impressive she hatched em, shows she has taken the time to learn all about them and not lost interest.Oh stick insects are great for kids, you just know she is going to progress to Tarantula Will you let her keep bigger creatures or is there a limit to what she is allowed to have dmh?

Lol..... This is her with our dog a few years ago....

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn78/dmh77/milo.jpg

I dont see her asking for a lion, or elephant.... :thinking:

:w00t:

hahah :w00t: oh my word! that dog is huge. She don't need anything else Your daughter is beautiful bless her.

Original Poster

kaits;4882746

hahah :w00t: oh my word! that dog is huge. She don't need anything else … hahah :w00t: oh my word! that dog is huge. She don't need anything else Your daughter is beautiful bless her.

Ha ha ha, he is the biggest puppy in town! :thumbsup:

( very funny when people cross the road to avoid walking past him though!!! :-D)

And thank you on her behalf!! :-D

Edit: how ignorant am I? .... The dogs name is Milo!!!

aww you are welcome dmh is that some sort of mastiff doggy or Saint Bernard? Its borderline bear i think lol
    I used to get that when i had a dog, I would try to assure them it was ok. I have noticed some people are really scared of dogs. Although i dont have one now i just loan my neighbours dog and take it for a walk. Its one of those little king charles spaniels. Its got a really stupid name.
    I just call it something else when i walk it.

Original Poster

kaits;4882772

aww you are welcome dmh is that some sort of mastiff doggy or Saint … aww you are welcome dmh is that some sort of mastiff doggy or Saint Bernard? Its borderline bear i think lol I used to get that when i had a dog, I would try to assure them it was ok. I have noticed some people are really scared of dogs. Although i dont have one now i just loan my neighbours dog and take it for a walk. Its one of those little king charles spaniels. Its got a really stupid name. I just call it something else when i walk it.

No, he is a german shepard, rottweiler cross... with a bit of japanese akita thrown in for fun!!! :?

To be honest, it is the little snappy ones that scare me.... not the big dangerous ones.... !? :?

dmh77;4882790

No, he is a german shepard, rottweiler cross... with a bit of japanese … No, he is a german shepard, rottweiler cross... with a bit of japanese akita thrown in for fun!!! :?

I meant to write something then lol. I wonder if your dog is just going to keep on growing?
    The king charles spaniel is very placid. Though i am wary of some little dogs. I wouldn't attempt petting one if i didn't know it. They can sense if you are scared i think.

Original Poster

kaits;4882804

I meant to write something then lol. I wonder if your dog is just going … I meant to write something then lol. I wonder if your dog is just going to keep on growing? The king charles spaniel is very placid. Though i am wary of some little dogs. I wouldn't attempt petting one if i didn't know it. They can sense if you are scared i think.

Yeh, defo the best attitude to have, some dogs can be VERY odd!

My cousins dog actually had a snap at me the other day.... the 1st animal I have ever met that started on me! :thinking:

( Guessin it he smelled Milo! :thumbsup:)

dmh77;4882813

Yeh, defo the best attitude to have, some dogs can be VERY odd! My … Yeh, defo the best attitude to have, some dogs can be VERY odd! My cousins dog actually had a snap at me the other day.... the 1st animal I have ever met that started on me! :thinking:( Guessin it he smelled Milo! :thumbsup:)

yeah it probably smelled Milo and saw you as a threat or it was already hurting and you touched the wrong part of his head or back etc.
    I once got bitten by a dog. It took a bite of my wrist. I was trying to stop it attacking my old dog. I spent a day at the hospital in A&E. This was when they used to make you wait and wait forever. The doc gave me the Tetanus shot. I passed out. That was really an intense injection. Some junkie was trying to steal the rings off my fingers in the waiting room.
    No Tom and no Tigers tonight. hmm wonder what they are up to lol

Original Poster

kaits;4882825

yeah it probably smelled Milo and saw you as a threat or it was already … yeah it probably smelled Milo and saw you as a threat or it was already hurting and you touched the wrong part of his head or back etc. I once got bitten by a dog. It took a bite of my wrist. I was trying to stop it attacking my old dog. I spent a day at the hospital in A&E. This was when they used to make you wait and wait forever. The doc gave me the Tetanus shot. I passed out. That was really an intense injection. Some junkie was trying to steal the rings off my fingers in the waiting room. No Tom and no Tigers tonight. hmm wonder what they are up to lol

Looool! Are you missing them hun? :-D

A&E was pants when I 1st started frequenting the department..... but ours has just had a re-vamp... :?

Looks good, kiddies have a seperate room now, they dont have to make friends with the idiots! :-D

dmh77;4882834

Looool! Are you missing them hun? :-DA&E was pants when I 1st started … Looool! Are you missing them hun? :-DA&E was pants when I 1st started frequenting the department..... but ours has just had a re-vamp... :?Looks good, kiddies have a seperate room now, they dont have to make friends with the idiots! :-D

Yeah I do miss playing with them hehe

I am so glad to hear that about A&E

dmh i am going to go to bed now, I know I am being a lightweight tonight but I've had way too much pompadeux lol cheap splosh brought back from Calais.
    I hope you have a great rest of the night and sleep well when you do.
    It was lovely seeing your hamsters and the huge doggy pic. I am probably going to dream about being chased by bears now:w00t:
    nighty kaits x

Original Poster

kaits;4882848

Yeah I do miss playing with them hehe I am so glad to hear that about A&E … Yeah I do miss playing with them hehe I am so glad to hear that about A&E dmh i am going to go to bed now, I know I am being a lightweight tonight but I've had way too much pompadeux lol cheap splosh brought back from Calais. I hope you have a great rest of the night and sleep well when you do.It was lovely seeing your hamsters and the huge doggy pic. I am probably going to dream about being chased by bears now:w00t:nighty kaits x

Night, night hun! XXX

she blames me for everthing

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Thankyou xx[/COLOR] kaits

bykergrove;4882560

wtf i dont get it?oh they had babies but how is that the 13yo's fault?

i 'accidently' put them together :whistling:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?33193
      2. PlayStation Hacked Again?22
      3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News44
      4. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1020

See more discussions