Parker Fountain Pen Recommendations For Ink

Found 9th May 2010
I love writing with fountain pens, and I write faster with them then ballpoints. However, my problem is the damn ink cartridges cost a small fortune for them and I can get through one ink cartridge in one exam nearly.

Any recommendations for alternatives?

1. Misc
  2. Pen
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Pen
7 Comments

Banned

Quill pen.

i used to buy my parker ink cartidges (the longer ones) off ebay, was a lot cheaper than WHSmiths etc. Not sure if there cheaper there anymore though

Original Poster

dcx_badass;8563365

You can get cartridges you refill yourself.

Didn't know this :oops: Probably should do as I've preferred cartridges pens since I was about 13/14!
master_chief;8563383

Quill pen.

:-D
deadduck_145;8563423

i used to buy my parker ink cartidges (the longer ones) off ebay, was a … i used to buy my parker ink cartidges (the longer ones) off ebay, was a lot cheaper than WHSmiths etc. Not sure if there cheaper there anymore though

I'll have a look then, see if the prices are much better. :thumbsup:
On a side note, deaduck you don't happen to play Counter Strike Source?

awoodhall2003;8563531

I'll have a look then, see if the prices are much better. :thumbsup:On a … I'll have a look then, see if the prices are much better. :thumbsup:On a side note, deaduck you don't happen to play Counter Strike Source?

No i don't Andre , well i used to a few years ago, why do you ask?

]Ebay link for you, the ones at bidding look pretty cheap. Wouldn't expect them to go for much more really.

Original Poster

deadduck_145;8563745

No i don't Andy, well i used to a few years ago, why do you ask?]Ebay … No i don't Andy, well i used to a few years ago, why do you ask?]Ebay link for you, the ones at bidding look pretty cheap. Wouldn't expect them to go for much more really.

Cheers to everyone. I ordered 2x 20 packs although they are black (i prefer blue) off ebay for £4.96, although the guy might give me combined postage to reduce it as well.

Might have to look into those refill cartridges and the ink, as could save a small fortune.

deadduck I ask as in the clan I play for (only for fun) we have someone called DeadDuck! :thumbsup:
(N.B. My name is André, not Andy...don't know why most people think it is Andy!)

awoodhall2003;8563805

Cheers to everyone. I ordered 2x 20 packs although they are black (i … Cheers to everyone. I ordered 2x 20 packs although they are black (i prefer blue) off ebay for £4.96, although the guy might give me combined postage to reduce it as well.Might have to look into those refill cartridges and the ink, as could save a small fortune. deadduck I ask as in the clan I play for (only for fun) we have someone called DeadDuck! :thumbsup:(N.B. My name is André, not Andy...don't know why most people think it is Andy!)

Nice one

Ah right, no i would have the _145 aswell if it was me.

Haha sorry, i see so many people calling you andy and i actually knew it was Andre:oops:

(he now goes back to edit his previous post....)

Original Poster

deadduck_145;8563821

Nice oneAh right, no i would have the _145 aswell if it was me.Haha … Nice oneAh right, no i would have the _145 aswell if it was me.Haha sorry, i see so many people calling you andy and i actually knew it was Andre:oops:(he now goes back to edit his previous post....)

Ah fair enough, I'll let you off then.
Just seems to be a lot of people call me Andy on here and I've never understood why! :-D

Cheers again.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Arranging a courier88
    2. Combining gift cards with Barclays cash back22
    3. Cheap budget Samsung phone?22
    4. Google Home Mini Commands56

See more discussions