Parking at heathrow airport

Found 27th Nov 2017
Hi
I was just wanting some info on who to book through to park at Heathrow.
Thinking of going away for about 4 weeks around Easter holidays. Will cost about £300 if we get a taxi there and back so wanted to see how much it would be to take own car and park there.
Thanks in advance for any advice info.
Community Updates
Ask
20 Comments
Thank u
Will have a look
An obvious one but if you haven't I would suggest looking at the official heathrow airport long term parking- go with Topcashback and you can get 7.87% cashback which will reduce the cost somewhat. I always use that since I don't like handing over the car keys as you sometimes have to do with a few cheaper operators
I assume that by 'taxi' you don't mean a black cab? Much cheaper to book a private hire car from a local company.
Thank you astreix.
Will try that.
Muir thank you. I have had a look and it will be about £300. There will be 5 of is traveling.
I would prefer own car especially if it works out cheaper
I got POD parking at Heathrow for £1 more than long stay - plus 10% cashback on quidco.. sometimes it’s better to just drive etc
Use JustPark mate
It might be cheaper to stay at a hotel the night before (get adjoining rooms) and get at least 2 weeks parking free of charge and then just pay the hotel for the other 2 weeks parking
Maybe 'park on my drive' .If you can get fairly near to the airport then get a taxi from there. Might work out cheaper
we used purple parking 2 weeks in summer. 10 minutes away from Heathrow free shuttle bus there and back didn't cost that much compared to cabs/trains/Heathrow parking. got topcashback on it too
Edited by: "discozohan" 27th Nov 2017
Thank you guys for all the suggestions.
Have a few options now.
Better start looking at prices.
Where do you live?
Obviously I don't know your travel times, nor the nature of the group of people travelling. So if kids are involved it changes things. But the whole idea of driving from Birmingham to LHR would be something I would be looking to avoid. In theory the train journey from Heathrow to Paddington to Euston to Birmingham New St is about the same as the expected drive time from LHR to Birmingham, that's all by train. However if you take LHR to Paddington then jump in a cab from there to Euston it will shave 20 mins of journey. Both train journeys are easy. If you get caught on the motorway traveling to or from Birmingham you know what the deal can be. So train, cab then train would work, but not with a 6 month old baby or an 80 year old parent.
Edited by: "OllieSt" 28th Nov 2017
Can't you just get the national express to Heathrow?
OllieSt6 h, 59 m ago

Obviously I don't know your travel times, nor the nature of the group of …Obviously I don't know your travel times, nor the nature of the group of people travelling. So if kids are involved it changes things. But the whole idea of driving from Birmingham to LHR would be something I would be looking to avoid. In theory the train journey from Heathrow to Paddington to Euston to Birmingham New St is about the same as the expected drive time from LHR to Birmingham, that's all by train. However if you take LHR to Paddington then jump in a cab from there to Euston it will shave 20 mins of journey. Both train journeys are easy. If you get caught on the motorway traveling to or from Birmingham you know what the deal can be. So train, cab then train would work, but not with a 6 month old baby or an 80 year old parent.

Thank you for your advice.
We will however be traveling with a 6-7 month old baby
adhkarzf1 h, 26 m ago

Can't you just get the national express to Heathrow?

Thank you. Will look at prices
One way car rental? £1 europcar.co.uk/Dot…ion

Take the train home after the holiday when you are knackered from the travelling.
windym1 h, 32 m ago

One way car rental? £1 …One way car rental? £1 https://www.europcar.co.uk/DotcarClient/carTransferSelect.actionTake the train home after the holiday when you are knackered from the travelling.

Sounds good but don't think will risk it with kids.
Thank you
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants