Posted 10th Dec 2021
Just received a parking fine...I wasn't using my car daughter was ..but of course I'm rhe registered keeper so obviously I received the fine....according to parkingeye...the car was parked in Lidl Park.for wait for it...20.05 hours...it was parked on the Saturday....then left till the Sunday....according to the photographic evidence she parked it there on the 4/12..then returned to the car...5/12...which is absolutely ridiculous...as she lives less than 5 minutes from the said supermarket she has no reason to leave the car there...she shopped in Lidl on the 4/12..then left the same day...what's other opinion on this please.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment
20 Comments
  1. Avatar
    What time did she leave the car park on the 4/12 ?
  2. Avatar
    First things first, have you asked her if it’s true.
    You have not said.
    Second, I had it with Tesco years ago.
    I had been in and out of said store for work, 20 times in 2 days.
    Parking eye only snapped me twice.
    Luckily for me vehicle is tracked.
    I told them this and said I would enjoy a paid day in court making them look stupid.
    Also it could be she went in each day and only caught on way out second time.
  3. Avatar
    If she went back into the car park on the sunday then the cameras might have got her coming in and going out but missed the exit and entrance in-between those times.

Or she left it there all that time. Do you know 100% she didn’t leave it there? Maybe she had a drink or something plausible like that.
    Edited by: "deleted2344480" 10th Dec 2021
  4. Avatar
    Did she go lidl again on the sunday?
  5. Avatar
    Have to pay up
  6. Avatar
    Speak to the Manager of the store first, they will be able to cancel the ticket.
  7. Avatar
    Checked no mobile phones location history for times an movement that day if available. Might show information that can prove its wrong
    Edited by: "wayners" 10th Dec 2021
  8. Avatar
    They should be able to provide photographic ‘ evidence ‘ upon request.

But whichever way this goes ‘ parking eye ‘ are a horrible company and make mega money rightfully but also wrongfully in the majority of cases.

Read and learn….

uk.trustpilot.com/rev….uk
  9. Avatar
    I had the same in Tesco, snapped me going in at midday then conveniently didnt snap me going out at 1230 and then back in at 1800, but managed to snap me coming out the same exit at 1815...........Luckily I had car insurance that used a tracker and showed me leaving then going back later.

Tesco manager not interested despite the tracker evidence in front of her but being in Scotland i just ignored the letters and they stopped, so im assuming Tesco did something or they knew in Scotland its hard to enforce these
  10. Avatar
    Parking eye are a car park management company (one of the biggest). I think they will have the contract to manage it on behalf of lidl or it might be leased. I doubt very much if the store manager will have any say or authority in a matter like this.

Have a look at this, it might possibly help.

Parking appeals
    appealaparkingticket.co.uk/

Parking cowboys
    parkingcowboys.co.uk/

Also legal begals parking forum thread
    legalbeagles.info/for…a04

There is also info on money-saving expert and citizens advice.
  11. Avatar
    Private parking companies cannot issue fines, though they’ll try and make you think they can. Effectively, it’s a notice of what they deem to be a breach of contract.

You have three options if you do not want to pay…

1) If your daughter has genuinely left the car park and returned, speak to the manager of Lidl. They can help if they want to. This same thing happened to my friend who visited the same McDonald’s twice in one day, explained what had happened to the store manager and they took care of it on my friends behalf.

2) Appeal by providing evidence the car was not parked there the whole time (two Lidl receipts from both days of the parking for instance).

3) Ask them to prove how they pre-estimated their financial loss for your car being parked there. Along with this ask for proof of contract and proof that they own the land (this is relevant because most car parks are leased from Highways England). State that you are not refusing to pay the invoice, but asking for evidence. It’s highly highly hun likely they can prove any of these things. If they respond still trying to pressure you into paying up, send the same response but this time giving them 30 days to provide the evidence, or if not you will acknowledge it as their refusal of acceptance for your conditional notice of acceptance.

In either instance be sure to include that you are aware that what you have received is an invoice, not a fine, and that you do not accept it.
  12. Avatar
    Whatever you choose to do, ignoring the notice and hoping nothing will happen shouldn't be on the list of those options. Parking Eye run a business and if word got out their notices can be ignored, they will shut down pretty quickly. So challenge the notice, provide evidence, etc but don't just ignore it. And yes, many will tell you to do just that but not one of them will help you if something ugly comes out of it in the future and bites you.
  13. Avatar
    Does the car have a dashcam fitted, you might have your own footage of the car entering and leaving. If you do email them snapshots plus a bill for checking.
    Edited by: "melted" 11th Dec 2021
  14. Avatar
    Looks like this thread is going to be another newbie smash and grab!

Register. Post. Disappear.
  15. Avatar
    If sister shopped at Lidl on two days, send them copies of the receipts and ask them to review their footage on the days as you believe they've missed the entrance on the Sunday. I was a bus driver and we regularly got tickets from parking eye as we had a bus stop inside the shopping centre (beehive, in Cambridge). If a vehicle was close behind our in front , then number plate wasn't visible to camera.
    Edited by: "Ringfinger" 11th Dec 2021
  16. Avatar
    deleted234448011/12/2021 13:29

Looks like this thread is going to be another newbie smash and …Looks like this thread is going to be another newbie smash and grab!Register. Post. Disappear.

lol. maybe the OP found out that the car was actually left at lidl overnight
  17. Avatar
    Ilostmyselfin198410/12/2021 22:00

Speak to the Manager of the store first, they will be able to cancel the …Speak to the Manager of the store first, they will be able to cancel the ticket.

Agreed, as this is what I did when I got a letter over my parking.
    He sorted it out for me. And explained that it happens a lot unfortunately.
  18. Avatar
    These companies are the scum of the earth. Had £180 out of my wife in a few months. Once for parking in free parking. You could park there for an hour free if you got at ticket. The ticket machine was broken. Wife went into Argos for 15 minutes with our baby. Got a ticket for this even though there were cameras everywhere to prove that she was there for 15 minutes. The other time my wife went shopping. Spent good money in the shops that were associated with the car park, but only just went over the max time limit. Again all on camera. Appealed on both, but the fine just increased.
    Edited by: "markpj777" 31st Dec 2021
  19. Avatar
    markpj77731/12/2021 16:45

The other time my wife went shopping. Spent good money in the shops that …The other time my wife went shopping. Spent good money in the shops that were associated with the car park, but only just went over the max time limit. Again all on camera. Appealed on both, but the fine just increased.

Thats not a Parking Eye issue though that is the stores - they are the ones who have paid for Parking Eye's services and they are the ones with the contracts in place. If you are over time but have spent lots you need to speak to the store as they can if they want to sort it.
  20. Avatar
    markpj77731/12/2021 16:45

These companies are the scum of the earth. Had £180 out of my wife in a …These companies are the scum of the earth. Had £180 out of my wife in a few months. Once for parking in free parking. You could park there for an hour free if you got at ticket. The ticket machine was broken. Wife went into Argos for 15 minutes with our baby. Got a ticket for this even though there were cameras everywhere to prove that she was there for 15 minutes. The other time my wife went shopping. Spent good money in the shops that were associated with the car park, but only just went over the max time limit. Again all on camera. Appealed on both, but the fine just increased.

See my comment above. It is very possible to appeal a fine successfully if you know your rights (which most people don’t, hence these companies exist).
Post a comment
Top Merchants