Expired

Parking Eye - Charge Notice?

13 replies
Found 22nd Jul 2013
So got an unexpected letter (well two a reminder on the same day as the original) stating that i didn't pay a ticket fair at the Meridian Center in Havant.

However i know for a fact i did - it is one of those car parks where you drive in, enter your reg number and pay some money (up front)... i was only there for 10 minutes.

However i cant find my ticket.... i am wondering if perhaps i may have crossed some digits in my Reg Number.

The demand is stating i should pay £100 - or £60 if i pay in the next two days, which is excessive in my opinion for a 14 minute stay... usual cost about 70p.

What should i do? Ignore? Call them?

I understand it isn't a civil penatly, its an invoice - but still - saving for a mortgage and dont want anything to impact.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
13 Comments

With ticket would be simple.

First question someone who will answer your question will be council or private?

Original Poster

It is a shopping center - not council i dont believe - but being operated by Parking Eye Ltd...

I will keep searching for the ticket... but not holding out much hope...

Pepipoo --->

Original Poster

Derby_Lad

Pepipoo --->

Huh?

I think they are tring to say

pepipoo.com/

(_;)

Its a forum for this sort of thing

Original Poster

DEALWARRIOR

I think they are tring to sayhttp://www.pepipoo.com/(_;)Its a forum for … I think they are tring to sayhttp://www.pepipoo.com/(_;)Its a forum for this sort of thing:3

Now it makes sense! Thank you!

Send them a pigs head in the post, Seriously though just ignore any letters and you'll be fine. I've had a couple in the last few years and they soon get bored but the letters do look intimidating.

I've had some letters in the past too for parking in a car park where the pay and display machine had a binbag taped round it. Utter scam artists. Their 'solicitor' then obtained my details fraudulantly from DVLA and started ringing my house phone about 3-4 times a day until I changed my number. Ignore the letters mate they will stop and do take a look at pepipoo its a good site with some great advice.

Original Poster

shauneco

Send them a pigs head in the post, Seriously though just ignore any … Send them a pigs head in the post, Seriously though just ignore any letters and you'll be fine. I've had a couple in the last few years and they soon get bored but the letters do look intimidating.

It seems there are conflicting opinions some say appeal, some say ignore. I know i am in the right, but cant prove (unless i find the ticket)... I know if they checked their records they will find my reg (or maybe closely resembling my reg if i mistyped)....

Original Poster

Oh and i know i paid - cos i always stress about this carpark in particular, as you have to pay up front... always makes me nervous with the parking eye things..

100% ignore, Even if you hadn't paid, Parked horizontally over the lines you will not have to pay. They claim they'll take you to a small claims court etc.. 99.9% of the time they never do as 99.9% they lose.

Had one of these from a similar firm, just ignored it . Aslong as its not from the council then it is basically and invoice 'asking' for money, if you read it carefully it says things like 'we may need to goto court' and 'this might happen' blah blah, if it was me I would ignore

This was on watchdog a little while back. legally, they can only claim back the money which you went over for on your ticket.
Also if it's a parking notice and not a penalty notice you can ignore it without fear of repercussion.
Google it.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Urgent help needed with travel agent55
    2. Submit Mobile Deals from Comparison sites22
    3. NEWBIE Help with a new laptop or PC please?!33
    4. Recover WIN 10 on HP Laptop33

See more discussions