Parking eye parking fine

Posted 20th Aug 2020
Hi, I recently parked in a car park which was monitored by Parking eye, I was in the car for around 30-40 minutes on a phone call. Once I finished it I paid the ticket for 2 hours. Came back within 90 minutes but I have a parking fine which is timed before my original paid ticket. I think it’s unfair I have a £100 fine (60£ if paid within 2 weeks) because I was in the car for a short while before I actually left. Anything I can say when I ring them tomorrow? I cannot allow further letters to come threatening etc to the house. Anything I can say to get them to waiver it?

Thank you.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Fimz20/08/2020 20:37

If you’re not gonna help, don’t comment

That was the right help, just not the help you hoped for
So you were in the car park for 90 mins plus 30 or 40 mins? (Let’s say 40 because it’s obviously at least that or you would have said a specific time)

By my calculations that’s 2h 10mins.

You paid for 2 hours.

The only thing you should be telling them tomorrow is your card details to pay the fine!
Fimz20/08/2020 20:42

Bought it after the phone call

Heat for not saying 'Brought....:

Can't help apart from that, sorry.
Fimz20/08/2020 20:36

Bruh. I stayed there for 40 min. Then paid for 2 hours and came back …Bruh. I stayed there for 40 min. Then paid for 2 hours and came back within 90.

Don’t bruh me!

Even if what you claim to be true is, then you don’t have a valid ticket.
58 Comments
Appeal just don’t ignore it like you will be told on here, rules changed ignore it at your peril.
So you were in the car park for 90 mins plus 30 or 40 mins? (Let’s say 40 because it’s obviously at least that or you would have said a specific time)

By my calculations that’s 2h 10mins.

You paid for 2 hours.

The only thing you should be telling them tomorrow is your card details to pay the fine!
tom2kadd120/08/2020 20:34

So you were in the car park for 90 mins plus 30 or 40 mins? (Let’s say 40 b …So you were in the car park for 90 mins plus 30 or 40 mins? (Let’s say 40 because it’s obviously at least that or you would have said a specific time)By my calculations that’s 2h 10mins.You paid for 2 hours.The only thing you should be telling them tomorrow is your card details to pay the fine!

Bruh. I stayed there for 40 min. Then paid for 2 hours and came back within 90.

So you were in the car park for 90 mins plus 30 or 40 mins? (Let’s say 40 b …So you were in the car park for 90 mins plus 30 or 40 mins? (Let’s say 40 because it’s obviously at least that or you would have said a specific time)By my calculations that’s 2h 10mins.You paid for 2 hours.The only thing you should be telling them tomorrow is your card details to pay the fine!

The worst thing you can do is admit you were the driver. I have had a few of these in the past and I have letters I said and nothing ever comes of their threatening letters .
Check the pepipoo forums. That seems to be the go-to place for all things parking and speeding fine related.
I’d imagine the car Park is anpr controlled, did you buy the 2 hours parking on arrival or at the end of your 30-40 min phone call. If it’s the latter you have no leg to stand on really.

Bruh. I stayed there for 40 min. Then paid for 2 hours and came back …Bruh. I stayed there for 40 min. Then paid for 2 hours and came back within 90.

Don’t bruh me!

Even if what you claim to be true is, then you don’t have a valid ticket.
I think the problem is you came back, which you have to pay again.
Fimz20/08/2020 20:37

That was the right help, just not the help you hoped for
abarthman20/08/2020 20:38

Check the pepipoo forums. That seems to be the go-to place for all things …Check the pepipoo forums. That seems to be the go-to place for all things parking and speeding fine related.

I’ll check this cheers
7ommy.7820/08/2020 20:38

I’d imagine the car Park is anpr controlled, did you buy the 2 hours p …I’d imagine the car Park is anpr controlled, did you buy the 2 hours parking on arrival or at the end of your 30-40 min phone call. If it’s the latter you have no leg to stand on really.

Use your phones location history to show that you went in then out, then back in again.

Heat for not saying 'Brought....:

Can't help apart from that, sorry.
Gollywood20/08/2020 20:44

Heat for not saying 'Brought....:Can't help apart from that, sorry.

Lmao
So you were clocked coming into the car park and it was then shown that you did not purchase a ticket until some 40 minutes later.

That’ll be the stumbling block as the system will take it you “parked” from that time. The fact you paid for 2hrs but left after 90 will no doubt fall on deaf ears unfortunately

So your car was there a total of 2h 10m?

A lot of automated systems give you 5-10 minutes leeway to find a spot before paying, but at 30-40 minutes your way over that.
Best you can do is send them a photo of the parking ticket and hope they don't match the timestamps for the exact times if you overran above the leeway.
Either way you're stuffed.
You parked for 40 mins without a ticket or you overstayed by 10 mins.
If you entered your car details on the machine its the former, if you didn't it's the latter or both.
joedastudd20/08/2020 20:46

So your car was there a total of 2h 10m?A lot of automated systems give …So your car was there a total of 2h 10m?A lot of automated systems give you 5-10 minutes leeway to find a spot before paying, but at 30-40 minutes your way over that.Best you can do is send them a photo of the parking ticket and hope they don't match the timestamps for the exact times if you overran above the leeway.

True, I was thinking this.
Pandamansays20/08/2020 20:47

Either way you're stuffed.You parked for 40 mins without a ticket or you …Either way you're stuffed.You parked for 40 mins without a ticket or you overstayed by 10 mins.If you entered your car details on the machine its the former, if you didn't it's the latter or both.

I bought the ticket on paybyphone. Either way I put my car reg in
Fimz20/08/2020 20:49

You took to long to purchase, I doubt you will have any luck.
Fimz20/08/2020 20:49

Best appeal. Issues setting up the pay by phone - that's why you were so long. No cash. Other than that you haven't got a leg to stand on.

bruh, I had the same calculation as you.

maybe the OP meant, they were on the call for 40 minutes, then went somewhere for 50 minutes?

(if this has been explained already, I apologise bruh)

love Bruh

What a useless thing to say.

As far as I can see on Parking Eye's terms and conditions, if you paid for your parking whilst you were in the car park and the amount you paid for (not the time on the ticket) covers the entire period your car was in there (ie from the time your car entered the car park to when it left) , Parking Eye don't have a leg to stand on. Ask for proof of time of entry, proof of time of exist. If that time is less than what you paid for, you've met the terms of their contract.

I've been trying to find pictures of typical parking eye signs and the picture below is typical of their contract. They do not specify a time limit for buying the ticket anywhere, only that you buy a ticket for your stay.

If you stayed over the two hours from entry to exit, they've got you bang to rights. Pay the fine.

i.imgur.com/kZU…jpg
Op just tell em your watch stopped working
Bertz9920/08/2020 22:47

Comment deleted

If it's not in writing in the contract agreed to, it's purely discretionary.

However if it could be argued that buying the ticket and exiting the car park took an unreasonable time that wasted more than 10 minutes, there is a case to answer for there. They would ask for evidence though and there is always the possibility that they have CCTV showing the OP on the phone rather than queuing for a ticket.
Fimz20/08/2020 22:29

Comment deleted

The first thing you need to do is admit you HAVE NOT been fined. Read your paperwork again. It will NOT say you have been fined. Only a court can fine you.
The paperwork will say something like a parking charge which you are required to pay.
You are being asked to pay the charge because you parked on their land without complying with their terms and conditions which should have been on prominent display for you to read. The terms and conditions will also state the consequences if you do not comply with their terms and conditions.
Your only hope is either:-
* to prove that you did comply
* the terms and conditions were not on prominent display
* there were some really SPECIAL reasons why you could not comply (IMHO chatting to a friend for 40 minutes before you decided to pay is NOT a special reason. You need to pay from the point in time you park the vehicle, NOT whenever you feel like it.)

Your pathway to appeal depends whether you got a Parking Charge Notice or a Penalty Charge Notice
citizensadvice.org.uk/law…et/
Edited by: "tardytortoise" 20th Aug
Bertz9920/08/2020 23:04

Comment deleted

Hmm, that does seem to be correct for pay and display.

If the OP wants to reference it it's A13.3 of the BPA code of practice:

Where a parking location is one where a limited period of
parking is permitted, or where drivers contract to park for
a defned period and pay for that service in advance (Pay
& Display), this would be considered as a parking event
and a Grace Period of at least 10 minutes must be added
to the end of a parking event before you issue a PCN

They will stick rigidly to that 10 minute limit though.
41716856-AIFZE.jpg
Edited by: "Fimz" 20th Aug
This is the fine
I was actually 27 minutes out not 40 minutes
Fimz20/08/2020 23:36

This is the fine

It is NOT a fine. It is a Parking Charge Notice. If you cant accept this you have no chance!
Only by understanding the system, can you fight against it. Lose the anger and you might just stand a chance.
tardytortoise20/08/2020 23:41

It is NOT a fine. It is a Parking Charge Notice. If you cant accept …It is NOT a fine. It is a Parking Charge Notice. If you cant accept this you have no chance!Only by understanding the system, can you fight against it. Lose the anger and you might just stand a chance.

True, seeing that what is the best thing to say when I ring em?
Fimz20/08/2020 23:43

True, seeing that what is the best thing to say when I ring em?

You do NOT ring them. You do what it says on the Notice.
Guidance is here citizensadvice.org.uk/law…et/
In particular, press on the plus sign Appealing a Parking Charge Notice

Good Luck.
tardytortoise20/08/2020 23:49

You do NOT ring them. You do what it says on the Notice.Guidance is here …You do NOT ring them. You do what it says on the Notice.Guidance is here https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/parking-tickets/appealing-parking-tickets/appealing-a-parking-ticket/In particular, press on the plus sign Appealing a Parking Charge NoticeGood Luck.

I’ll take a look, thanks!
Fimz20/08/2020 23:37

I was actually 27 minutes out not 40 minutes

So you were 2hrs 27mins,

Pay up
Fimz20/08/2020 22:29

Comment deleted

Mate you messed up and you appear to be taking it out on everyone else. You took too long to pay, phone call or not, then you stayed longer than you did pay for. Quick maffs. Bruh.
Post a comment
@
    Text