Parking fine - private land

Found 19th Jul
So ended up parking on private property twice and have had two fines in.
Where do I stand if i I just ignore this?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Itsbowtime4 m ago

I sent a recorded letter asking for photographic proof, which they didn’t r …I sent a recorded letter asking for photographic proof, which they didn’t respond to. They sent another letter chasing the £, so I emailed them back asking for proof again and never heard back. Hope you get it sorted (without paying!)

Why don’t you be considerate and stop parking on other people’s land?

Not really hard is it!
In the Dock !

Just joking. Wrong place for advice. You'll get 50 different answers from 50 different people. Take your pick out by a lottery ticket. Check or Martin Lewis pages.
20 Comments
In the Dock !

Just joking. Wrong place for advice. You'll get 50 different answers from 50 different people. Take your pick out by a lottery ticket. Check or Martin Lewis pages.
mrty21 m ago

In the Dock !Just joking. Wrong place for advice. You'll get 50 different …In the Dock !Just joking. Wrong place for advice. You'll get 50 different answers from 50 different people. Take your pick out by a lottery ticket. Check or Martin Lewis pages.

QFT
forums.pepipoo.com/ind…=30

the forum above is the best one for advice, rules have changed and many think you should ignore it but thats not the case.
I always get the fear and pay up just incase.
I sent a recorded letter asking for photographic proof, which they didn’t respond to. They sent another letter chasing the £, so I emailed them back asking for proof again and never heard back. Hope you get it sorted (without paying!)
It's a parking charge, Not fine. They don't have the authority to fine you. They could take you to a small claims court. They most probably won't, If they do they may or may not win. Did they make any financial loss? By you being there?. It's basically a gamble, You could potentially end up paying court costs too.
Itsbowtime4 m ago

I sent a recorded letter asking for photographic proof, which they didn’t r …I sent a recorded letter asking for photographic proof, which they didn’t respond to. They sent another letter chasing the £, so I emailed them back asking for proof again and never heard back. Hope you get it sorted (without paying!)

Why don’t you be considerate and stop parking on other people’s land?

Not really hard is it!
karlypants3 m ago

Why don’t you be considerate and stop parking on other people’s land? Not r …Why don’t you be considerate and stop parking on other people’s land? Not really hard is it!

Calm down Mary, it was a car park and (edit: I’m pretty sure) the fine was illegal.
Edited by: "Itsbowtime" 19th Jul
Itsbowtime41 m ago

I've been told (rightly or wrongly who knows) that if you ignore all letters they wont pursue it to court, if you respond and make 'contact' then they're more likely to pursue it.
When I did get fine on car park of Toys r us shop (owned by private company), I wrote a letter to the shop manager and talked to him, he was not willing to challenge it, so I contacted main office of T&U and they canceled the fine.
Itsbowtime1 h, 34 m ago

Calm down Mary, it was a car park and (edit: I’m pretty sure) the fine was …Calm down Mary, it was a car park and (edit: I’m pretty sure) the fine was illegal.

No. Why don't you stop encouraging people to park on private land. Or is your drive available for anyone to park on?
I got one too from euro parking services at Tesco, read my post what I posted .
I only withdrew cash from machine and straight back in car. Euro refused the appeal so I have appealed with independent appeals service. It's been 3 weeks now I'm still waiting to hear back from them.
Mine was £100 reduced to £60 but if I appealed to independent appeals service or someone higher the fine automatically goes to £100! A scare monger tactic.

I argued about the road markings and less signs.
I had people telling me to ignore the fine etc, the security guard at Tesco said the same as many customers said theirs was also ignored after 2-3 letters .
ccnp41 m ago

No. Why don't you stop encouraging people to park on private land. Or is …No. Why don't you stop encouraging people to park on private land. Or is your drive available for anyone to park on?

It was a Staples car park and I was INSIDE the shop when I got a ticket
Edited by moderator: "Edited out swearing" 19th Jul
Itsbowtime2 h, 45 m ago

It was a Staples car park and I was INSIDE the shop when I got a ticket

Can I be noisey and ask why you got a ticket then?.
paulj4837 m ago

No idea, they didn’t put anything on the car, just sent a letter through. Most of the advice online (‘twas a good few years ago) said they’re chancers and just to ignore. I’m a worrier, hence the paper trail and request for proof.
fearona16 m ago

You said twice this has happened?

No once. I was merely offering my experience to OP
Sorry got confused, the OP said he was caught twice on private land.
rencca20 h, 2 m ago

When I did get fine on car park of Toys r us shop (owned by private …When I did get fine on car park of Toys r us shop (owned by private company), I wrote a letter to the shop manager and talked to him, he was not willing to challenge it, so I contacted main office of T&U and they canceled the fine.

And they Toys R us went bust! Your fault for not having the parking company extort you to help them.
paulj4819th Jul

No need to shout
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants