Groups

Parking in Sheffield (for university visit tomorrow)

I'm going to the Sheffield University open day tomorrow and have been told by the University that there is no parking an we should try and use a park and ride.

We should hopefully arrive around 10:30am and need to be at the university for mid-day.

Can anyone reccomend anywhere to park as we have never driven there before (or even visited) so have no idea really. Any post codes for car parks would be handy too so we can stick it in the sat nav. Must be easy to get to the Uni though and within walking distance should we miss any trams/buses.

Many thanks

James

16 Comments

which uni in sheffield?

best options if you don't know the city is to park at the railway station as its easy to find,easy walk to all areas from there

most city centre car parks are always full in the week

When I visited Sheffield University, I used park and ride.

when i went to sheffield and had to use the tram we were recommended meadowhall which is just off the motorways.

jaymzf;6990148

when i went to sheffield and had to use the tram we were recommended … when i went to sheffield and had to use the tram we were recommended meadowhall which is just off the motorways.

this will take ages and meadowhall is rammed until xmas

Parking available on the pitch at bramall lane:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Cheers for the replies, is there much parking by the station then?

On their website it reccomends Nunnery Square and Middlewood Park and Ride, will have to try and find out about these too...

Original Poster

Oh and it is for the University of Sheffiel, not the Hallam one

James...;6990276

Cheers for the replies, is there much parking by the station then? On … Cheers for the replies, is there much parking by the station then? On their website it reccomends Nunnery Square and Middlewood Park and Ride, will have to try and find out about these too...

they out of the city and you have to use trams

large multi storey at station and you can walk anywhere from there

The NCP by the station is probably the safest bet. You can walk from there to the main Sheffield University area in about 20 minutes. There is also a direct tram from the station.

There is probably parking closer on the street or something but by the time you drive in circles ten times it comes out close to walking from the station ncp.

Original Poster

Many thanks for that, will get the address for that and see what it is like then, is it almost garunteed a space there or should we have some back ups ready?

Cheers
    james

James...;6990329

Many thanks for that, will get the address for that and see what it is … Many thanks for that, will get the address for that and see what it is like then, is it almost garunteed a space there or should we have some back ups ready?Cheersjames

if the station is full which is unlikely,then you can use the Victoria Quays car park(hilton hotel) which you will pass on your way to the station...a few minutes further walk into the city

Original Poster

That is absolutly brilliant thank you, reps coming your way!

Do you have any idea which the Station Car Park is called though? I've the Postcodes of all the surrounding ones but will try that first.

James

James...;6990519

That is absolutly brilliant thank you, reps coming your way! Do you have … That is absolutly brilliant thank you, reps coming your way! Do you have any idea which the Station Car Park is called though? I've the Postcodes of all the surrounding ones but will try that first.James

its a NCP there is no name,is directly adjacent to the railway station,you cannot miss it

Original Poster

Once again thank you, hopefully it all goes smoothly. Love the Maths course there so hopefully the city is just as good. Into climing and walking so its like the perfect area!

Yeah i would use the ncp

I'm just amazed how many people on here know and/or are from Sheffield. I work at one of the Secondary Schools there. Love Sheffield
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Jury service11
      2. Ask and Misc quieter since for sale has gone?912
      3. Anyone got a spare Argos 10% code from the Xbox Minecraft mistake?33
      4. Amazon S&S price fix question22

See more discussions