Found 15th Feb 2009
hey there hukders. Just wondered if anyone knew of good places to park in york as we will be staying at the travelodge on wednesday night. As it is overnight, we are going to need somewhere where it is fine to leave the car overnight. can anyone help me or do i have to use public transport!

1. Misc
  2. York
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. York
8 Comments

There are some areas less than ~1 mile from travelodge where you park on street without permit overnight, but its pretty close to the town centre and its a bit of a nightmare parking in York if you don't know where they are (and don't want to pay over-the-top rates for NCP etc). I think some of the side roads in Fulford (A19 to the South of York and close to Travelodge) have on-street parking that isn't permit covered, I know lots of areas on the other side of the River from there that do but its a moderate walk to the hotel...

Theres park and rides at all the main entrances to the outer-ring road but the buses don't run that late (and lots of the carparks are locked at night, not sure what the rules on overnight parking are).

Would it not be better to fork out a little extra for a hotel with parking? Or is that not an option?

BFM

BurningFeetMan;4385213

Would it not be better to fork out a little extra for a hotel with … Would it not be better to fork out a little extra for a hotel with parking? Or is that not an option?BFM

Easier said than done in York!

Do Travelodge's not have car parks like?

Original Poster

jah128;4385224

Easier said than done in York!

it really is!. Plus AT £9 for the room i can't really complain:-D. thanks for your help, the off street parking idea might be worth a try. I have contacted a coupled of the advertised spaces on parkatmyhouse.com but no one has replied. park and ride would also be great but don't know if you can leave overnight. just checked and no you can't leave overnight at park and ride car parks.

Original Poster

nono2522;4385273

Do Travelodge's not have car parks like?

no the one in york just has disabled parking bays

badgerrules;4385292

it really is!. Plus AT £9 for the room i can't really complain:-D. thanks … it really is!. Plus AT £9 for the room i can't really complain:-D. thanks for your help, the off street parking idea might be worth a try. I have contacted a coupled of the advertised spaces on parkatmyhouse.com but no one has replied. park and ride would also be great but don't know if you can leave overnight. just checked and no you can't leave overnight at park and ride car parks.

Overnight parking is not allowed on Park & Ride sites.

Off the park and ride site..
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition75877
    2. Win a trip to Dublin, with Ireland.com via Classic FM23
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk88
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers55

See more discussions