Parking near Etihad Stadium??

Found 9th Jun 2012
Anyone know of a decent place to park near the Etihad?? Going the Coldplay gig today and don't want to get stuck in traffic for an hour trying to get off the car park!
Community Updates
Misc
19 Comments
If you don't want to get stuck for ages I'd park on Chapel Street in Salford on the edge of Manchester and either walk (30 mins) or get the bus. There's usually tonnes of free buses from Picadilly and Victoria when there's a gig on.
When I went to Take That last year I parked in The Grange Community Centre, Pilgrim Drive which is easy to get to, and easy enough to get away from after the concert. I'm going Sunday to see Coldplay so will be trying to park there again. Post code is M11 3TQ
anthonyt - how much does it cost? im also going tomorrow and need somewhere 'safe' to park
Park at my house
TOAST - do u live close? driveway or street? how much??
I have a spare drive way, i live about 4.5 miles away
Park at my house
I have a spare drive way, i live about 1.5 miles away
I will say that i would not charge,
Edited by: "kev_u8701r" 9th Jun 2012
kev_u8701r

Park at my houseI have a spare drive way, i live about 1.5 miles away

Sounds like a better offer
Hi Kev... do you have a price in mind as not much comes free in the world these days
I will say that i would not charge, just to put kev on the spot

*likes the above post*
if u want me to find out how much a taxi is before you decide i can
Going AFK for about 20 mins
i think getting a taxi may be out of the question, as the gates open tomorrow at 4pm and apparently coldplay dont go on stage till 8 as there are 2 warm up acts before them... so we may be there till around 10? and getting a taxi when a staduim is being emptied may be abit dificult...
Well up to your, here is a map, it starts at a place close to mine, i would obviously not advertise my real postcode on here, but gives you an idea

Link
There're plenty of streets near with either no yellows or single yellow till 5pm..

I'm parked up now..

Coldplay don't come on till 9:15 and go off at 11..

Check their twitter feed - they've listed the set times for all acts..
simont_is

anthonyt - how much does it cost? im also going tomorrow and need … anthonyt - how much does it cost? im also going tomorrow and need somewhere 'safe' to park

When I went to Take That is was £5. They shut the gates when the carpark is full and open them up again towards the end of the concert. So it is pretty safe to park at
I parked on Piercy street, back of some houses.. Plenty of other people parked there, 5 minute walk to the stadium, no traffic on the way out..

We didn't struggle for a space there at 6:30 ish..

If you've got standing tickets but intend on sitting in the lower tier seats, I'd recommend getting there early.. We were in tr stadium by 7, but there was literally a few odd seats left over and no one moved from them..
Thanks Anthony parked in the community centre car park for £10 it was ideal!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants