Parking on grass verge...what can we do?

Found 17th May 2012
We have a grass verge opposite our house. We always get big vans parking there which is ruining the grass and they look unsightly when parked there. Any idea what I can do about this? Looked on local councils websites, nothing about this.
Community Updates
Misc
31 Comments
Spend a couple of quid on big rocks. Half bury them and that'll stop em. I did it years ago
Is phoning the council an option instead of asking randomers on HUKD?
Just me thinking aloud.
Derby_Lad

Spend a couple of quid on big rocks. Half bury them and that'll stop em. … Spend a couple of quid on big rocks. Half bury them and that'll stop em. I did it years ago

^^^^^ This
Moan on a consumer forum.

Oh, wait...
The local council are useless to say the least....they will undoubtedly bounce me to the CC and so forth
If there was something I could quote or any law in relation to this I could use then I would be grateful for peoples input
Phone the firms and complain, ask if they pay company car tax to take the vehicles home at night
lay some nails on the ground
Random gravestones and wooden crosses should stop em.
dig a trench.
who owns the land?
you can get half wooded barrels for about £20 put them out fill with flowers will look good improve your raod and stop the parking
You could just accept the pay road tax and they need somewhere to park, have you tried speaking to the van owners? unfortunatley some people need vans to get back and forward to work. not everyone has the place to park them. I know its unsightly, but if there are no other options available what can they do. At least you have neighbors that work
miles136

you can get half wooded barrels for about £20 put them out fill with … you can get half wooded barrels for about £20 put them out fill with flowers will look good improve your raod and stop the parking

Then get a £5k fine for fly tipping. Same goes for the rocks idea if it's council land.

X)
miles136

who owns the land?

im guessing the grass verge is council owned property and if they dont care then your pretty much on your own. If its that much of a hassle then do as someone stated above and buy some rocks but if someone complains about their car being damaged you may be liable if they find you have put it there
Ring the council and ask them to install a knee fence.
skellysgirl

You could just accept the pay road tax and they need somewhere to park, … You could just accept the pay road tax and they need somewhere to park, have you tried speaking to the van owners? unfortunatley some people need vans to get back and forward to work. not everyone has the place to park them. I know its unsightly, but if there are no other options available what can they do. At least you have neighbors that work

If its just recently started, I bet the council has introduced a parking scheme elsewhere which has forced them into your neck of the woods
Edited by: "WoolyM" 17th May 2012
buy a van
get it sprayed with a mural
park it on the verge opposite

you will have something nice to look at and give them nowhere to park
Thanks everyone Will call the council and see what they say
Landmines or IED.
Near my sisters place there were similar problems. Then the council installed really high kerbs along the roadside. Now there is much more grass for the dogs to deposit on
surreycc.gov.uk/roa…ing

Your text here

get a post put in.. council will do it.

On the opposite side of the van from the drivers side get a spray can and spray "Got Candy" on the side...
Rock idea sounds good, until they put it through your windscreen.
skellysgirl

You could just accept the pay road tax and they need somewhere to park, … You could just accept the pay road tax and they need somewhere to park, have you tried speaking to the van owners? unfortunatley some people need vans to get back and forward to work. not everyone has the place to park them. I know its unsightly, but if there are no other options available what can they do. At least you have neighbors that work

It is an offence to park on our grass verge, you get fined.
dga

Car eating zombies, that will sort 'em out.

bit difficult to train them to only eat cars, and only other people's at that. oO
thesaint

Is phoning the council an option instead of asking randomers on HUKD?Just … Is phoning the council an option instead of asking randomers on HUKD?Just me thinking aloud.

Why do that when you have the awesome power of random internet people
simonturner69

It is an offence to park on our grass verge, you get fined.

But the one in question isn't yours

I think the 'Got Candy' idea has some merit (if done at night). Many years ago somebody kept parking a high top transit right outside my house nearly blocking my front door. My mate had a word and told them to move it. They did. A week later it was back, he saw it, went into a mental rage, grabbed a screwdriver and scrawled **** off up the side.

It never came back.......

Jus' sayin'
My post was not directed at the OP.

You should try reading who I quoted, also your mate is a stupid moron.

Jus' sayin'
let the a tyre down thats what i did never park there again, if they do come back do it again.
it was fun to watch them change the tyre even though nothing was wrong with it.
simonturner69

My post was not directed at the OP.You should try reading who I quoted, … My post was not directed at the OP.You should try reading who I quoted, also your mate is a stupid moron.Jus' sayin'

OOOOOOOOOOOH

http://www.pinkleatherhandbag.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Pink-Leather-Handbag-in-Miu-Miu.jpg

simonturner69

My post was not directed at the OP.You should try reading who I quoted, … My post was not directed at the OP.You should try reading who I quoted, also your mate is a stupid moron.Jus' sayin'

So your post about 'your' verge has no merit. As for my mate, yeah to some extent you're right but it was more to do with him being a bit mental and not being diagnosed till it was too late. Irrelevant now though as he committed suicide about 5 years ago.
Are the vans red? And do you live near ng2-6 op?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants