Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Parking penalty notice

Posted 21st Oct
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

28 Comments
No need to challenge, your at fault and could have taken measures to ensure you are parked legally.

In this occasion, please accept mistake and pay fine.
I reckon the best thing to do is pay the fine... Its your vehicle so you're at fault as its your responsibility to ensure your car is parked legally. Put yourself in the shoes of disabled people who need to use the space for genuine reasons but can't because it's half-taken.
Pay the fine
Pointless disputing it, you are incorrectly parked.
You're definitely parked in a disability spot. Looks like you're going to have to pay up, OP
You've received notice of fine in less than 24 hours .. was it left on windscreen and have you taken those photographs afterward?
If you didn't notice that, you should not be driving.
JumpMan198021/10/2019 17:25

You've received notice of fine in less than 24 hours .. was it left on …You've received notice of fine in less than 24 hours .. was it left on windscreen and have you taken those photographs afterward?

As said here that was too quick for postal. You were in the disabled space, can't argue that you weren't. Only possible argument is that there was insufficient of incorrect signage - but looks pretty well signed to me (even looks like you were parking between two designated parking spaces, trying to invent a suave of your own) . Suggest if these details are correct you should pay up.
Edited by: "Ringfinger" 21st Oct
This is annoying I know. However, you will have to pay... if you want to delay the payment then just appeal and wait for response which will give you at least another week to pay...
Photos seem very sunny for a late-October evening.
Troll ???
I know it's not what you want to hear but as everyone else has said, you admit you parked in the disabled bay and have shown your own photos to prove it. Pay the fine.
Yeah it's not like your over hanging the lines, your rear wheels are clearly in the bay. It's a sore lesson, but just pay it.
Don’t listen to everyone else.

Dispute the fine, “you made a mistake and you will be more careful next time”

It’s only going to cost you a postage stamp to dispute as your discount remains long as they receive the letter before the discounted fine notice

You just never know who’s sitting in the office that day, you could get away with this one. Not like you parked on the bay your tyre is on it slightly.

I would personally dispute and pay after I tried.
Edited by: "3ak" 21st Oct
It is my first ever fine and that is why I asked. Seems a bit strict. No one needs to be insulting.
no harm in trying, but even if you fit car inbetween 2 others you still parked over the line you should of seen as you pulled up...
3ak21/10/2019 17:57

Don’t listen to everyone else. Dispute the fine, “you made a mistake and yo …Don’t listen to everyone else. Dispute the fine, “you made a mistake and you will be more careful next time” It’s only going to cost you a postage stamp to dispute as your discount remains long as they receive the letter before the discounted fine noticeYou just never know who’s sitting in the office that day, you could get away with this one. Not like you parked on the bay your tyre is on it slightly. I would personally dispute and pay after I tried.

I can categorically say don't even waste your money on the postage stamp.
Aici21/10/2019 18:12

It is my first ever fine and that is why I asked. Seems a bit strict. No …It is my first ever fine and that is why I asked. Seems a bit strict. No one needs to be insulting.

Won't matter unfortunately.

These guys are out to make money. There is zero room for manuever with them.
BenjiMay21/10/2019 18:26

I can categorically say don't even waste your money on the postage stamp.

I can do it online but I will not do it. I just wanted second opinion, but it seems clear to me now that I have to pay.
Edited by: "Aici" 21st Oct
I think possibly the real question has to be is it an enforceable disabled bay as I wouldn't be surprised if the outsourced parking enforcement officers were trying to up their commission...

From my local councils website:

Enforceable disabled parking bays
As mentioned above, most disabled parking bays do not have any legal standing and we cannot take action if people park in them without a blue badge.

Some disabled parking bays are enforceable. These have a have a sign next to them with the words 'disabled badge holders only' and are usually in shopping areas or in streets where there are other parking controls. Anyone parked in an enforceable bay and not displaying a valid blue badge may receive a penalty charge notice.
Out of interest OP, if you parked like that last night, how did you get a parking penalty notice so soon?
I see you have deleted your question and removed your pictures!
I dont know. Maybe concerned neighbour? It is sorted. I paid.
Will be more careful next time.
Aici21/10/2019 18:45

I dont know. Maybe concerned neighbour? It is sorted. I paid. Will be more …I dont know. Maybe concerned neighbour? It is sorted. I paid. Will be more careful next time.

How was the penalty notice received by you?
Found it under the wipers today
tregs21/10/2019 18:43

Out of interest OP, if you parked like that last night, how did you get a …Out of interest OP, if you parked like that last night, how did you get a parking penalty notice so soon?I see you have deleted your question and removed your pictures!

I took screenshots, shal I repost?
A
rimalpatel00722/10/2019 07:51

I took screenshots, shal I repost?A

No. The OP has paid and the matter is sorted.

Why would you take screenshots anyway?
rimalpatel00722/10/2019 07:51

I took screenshots, shal I repost?A

Please dont. Why would you repost? I asked, got my answer. That is all I needed.
JimboParrot22/10/2019 07:54

No. The OP has paid and the matter is sorted.Why would you take …No. The OP has paid and the matter is sorted.Why would you take screenshots anyway?

Aici22/10/2019 07:57

Please dont. Why would you repost? I asked, got my answer. That is all I …Please dont. Why would you repost? I asked, got my answer. That is all I needed.

my phone auto saves pictures to storage (app).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants