Parking & Private Plates

Posted 12th Dec 2019
Last week I parked in the City of London. The post giving details of location etc also had a tariff list for diesel, petrol and hybrid cars. I paid for the parking and realised I had been over charged as I currently have a hybrid. Last car was diesel. So I emailed the borough and complained. Two days later I had an email back confirming I was over charged and a refund issued. Having spoken to a few friends who also have private plates, I realised that although the DVLA have their details updated when you move them from one vehicle to another, Ringo and other pay by phone services don’t. So if you have private plates and park in locations where you are charged depending on engine emissions, make sure you double check the amount you’re charged. You will need to email the council if the charge is wrong, not the company managing the parking.
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
I think overpaying on parking is a good punishment for having private plates.
4 Comments
Always cheaper to use someone else's plates. Just sayin'.
I think overpaying on parking is a good punishment for having private plates.
MIDURIX12/12/2019 20:58

I think overpaying on parking is a good punishment for having private …I think overpaying on parking is a good punishment for having private plates.

That depends many people have private plates as they spell something relating to their work or business
Does it work the other way round? I.e. Have them registered in a hybrid, tell Ringo and other pay by phone services, then move them to a diesel and park for hybrid prices?

Follow up question... Does that also get around ulez charge?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions