Groups

Parking restriction sign question

i66.tinypic.com/330…jpg

Can someone clear this up up. Does this parking restriction apply during match days only or match days AND / OR Monday to Friday sat sun and bank holidays.

Dont want to get a ticket!!!

17 Comments

Original Poster

http://i66.tinypic.com/330td8h.jpg

No parking during match day times.

No parking Monday to Friday from 6 till 10pm

No parking weekend or bank holidays from noon toll 630

Is it that hard to understand?

Original Poster

I think its match days only but am unsure. please help.

Original Poster

benjammin316

No parking during match day times. No parking Monday to Friday from 6 … No parking during match day times. No parking Monday to Friday from 6 till 10pmNo parking weekend or bank holidays from noon toll 630Is it that hard to understand?

If your me then yes its hard to to understand!!!

So i can park there monday to friday before 6pm as long as its not a bank holiday

sorry i am not that literate

A fair question. Mon-fri games tend to be in the evenings (6-10) and weekends in the afternoons (12-630). So id say match days only.

redadmiral

If your me then yes its hard to to understand!!!So i can park there … If your me then yes its hard to to understand!!!So i can park there monday to friday before 6pm as long as its not a bank holidaysorry i am not that literate

​These are times when you cant park (or wait), youll prob be able to park or wait all other times.

Original Poster

Rich069

​These are times when you cant park (or wait), youll prob be able to park … ​These are times when you cant park (or wait), youll prob be able to park or wait all other times.

Original Poster

thanks that how i read it

redadmiral

benjammin316

No parking during match day times. No parking Monday to Friday from 6 … No parking during match day times. No parking Monday to Friday from 6 till 10pmNo parking weekend or bank holidays from noon toll 630Is it that hard to understand?

Yes actually it is.
    Pretty sure if that was contested at a parking tribunal, it is unclear signage and would be thrown out.
    When you write it out like you have done, it is clearer. Why could they not write it like that?

I believe restrictions apply on match days only at the times stated.

Mermoo

I believe restrictions apply on match days only at the times stated.

+1
    Separate signage must be displayed for other restrictions as example below.

Parking control zones (white signs) for match day restrictions don't require a secondary sign it is just added as only or additional.

http://i51.tinypic.com/xnypus.jpg

Banned

Only applies to match days

you're best contacting the local council of wherever that board is and getting it clarified by them. personally to me I think it applies to match days only but I can't say that for 100% sure. hope you don't get a ticket unlike the person above.

benjammin316

Obviously it is hard to understand as your interpretation is wrong

Original Poster

Thanks for all your responses​.I didn't get a ticket and will now save 20 quid a month.

benjammin316

Well, as you got it wrong, I suggest it is hard to understand.

chocci

Obviously it is hard to understand as your interpretation is wrong

X) X) that played out brilliantly ha ha ha
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…33
      2. Advertised on Gumtree55
      3. Remortgaging to pay off debt89
      4. Cheapest new phone line install existing customer56

See more discussions