Parking sign

Posted 7th Nov
Hi

Going to London at the weekend and looking for free places to park.

I think we have found somewhere, nearby a tube station, but just want to make sure I'm reading the sign properly.

as I understand the sign below, as long as it's the weekend it's not a problem, otherwise during the week I need a Permit. is that correct?

thanks to anyone that can help clarify.

3326548.jpg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

20 Comments
Yes weekend will be free in permit bay
adeljay9207/11/2019 19:27

Yes weekend will be free in permit bay

Yup, correct, you’ll be good from Friday 5pm until Monday 8:30am
Is this in Harrow by any chance?
Perfect thanks for the confirmation, I thought it was but we don't have permit parking down here and knowing that they try and confuse you by having different signs on each side of the road, so thought it was worth checking.
BargainLovingMum07/11/2019 19:49

Is this in Harrow by any chance?

No, this is in Chalk Farm, which is near to London Zoo, but the tube is 5-10 min walk
weekends will be fine but you probably find there won't be any space when you get there.
I drove into Embankment after hours last week, 21:00. They have double-yellow lined most streets, virtually no single yellow line. Remainder places are disabled only, electric car only.

1. I think, I am not 100%, even when that you are allowed to park in CA-J zone, there is a paid meter for 17:00 (is that a "5" or "6 PM" to 18:00 which is chargeable Mon - Fri. The streets are paved with gold for the councils.
2. If you have a diesel, then the parking charges in Westminster, for instance is ~2X. Dunno for Camden.
3. There is a ULEZ charge.

You need to further read another sign similar to this in Camden (in CA-J, probably reads Mon-Fri 8:30 to 18:00), if so, free parking Saturday and Sunday.
38929283-pkaoN.jpg
Edited by: "splender" 7th Nov
stan_oli07/11/2019 19:47

Yup, correct, you’ll be good from Friday 5pm until Monday 8:30am

I suspect that is number "6" (not "5")
Although you can park here I agree finding a space can be difficult. As an alternative you can always book a space somewhere like yourparkingspace.co.uk/?gc…wcB

These are discounted spaces so not robbing national car park prices and normally really good locations.
CA-J = Primrose Hill, a really nice part of town. You will probably find the majority of parking places will get taken on Friday evening (and then you may be contending with the congestion charge). Forget rolling up there Saturday morning, you would be incredibly lucky to find a place, and at that stage you'll wish you never had your car in Central London. I would never dream of trying to park there. You will find many permit holders will still occupy those places. Camden is a difficult as it can possibly get.

Primrose Hill is pretty much surrounded by permit holder areas that don't allow Saturday non permit parking, so you are really going to be up against it.

Controlled parking zones in Camden
Edited by: "OllieSt" 7th Nov
Yes you can park at weekends but there won’t be any spaces, everywhere is full up at weekends and any spaces that are there will be taken up by people with the same idea as you. Just pay for parking or take public transport.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 8th Nov
mutley107/11/2019 20:55

weekends will be fine but you probably find there won't be any space when …weekends will be fine but you probably find there won't be any space when you get there.

Well let's hope there might be something, going to get there early just in case.
OllieSt07/11/2019 21:55

CA-J = Primrose Hill, a really nice part of town. You will probably find …CA-J = Primrose Hill, a really nice part of town. You will probably find the majority of parking places will get taken on Friday evening (and then you may be contending with the congestion charge). Forget rolling up there Saturday morning, you would be incredibly lucky to find a place, and at that stage you'll wish you never had your car in Central London. I would never dream of trying to park there. You will find many permit holders will still occupy those places. Camden is a difficult as it can possibly get.Primrose Hill is pretty much surrounded by permit holder areas that don't allow Saturday non permit parking, so you are really going to be up against it. Controlled parking zones in Camden

Thank you, we are more than likely looking at Sunday so I'm hoping that it might make it a bit easier. I am glad you mentioned it as that could have been a problem if we were going Saturday.

Going to give it a go, what's the worst that can happen, I just have to find somewhere else and pay.
splender07/11/2019 21:12

I drove into Embankment after hours last week, 21:00. They have …I drove into Embankment after hours last week, 21:00. They have double-yellow lined most streets, virtually no single yellow line. Remainder places are disabled only, electric car only.1. I think, I am not 100%, even when that you are allowed to park in CA-J zone, there is a paid meter for 17:00 (is that a "5" or "6 PM" to 18:00 which is chargeable Mon - Fri. The streets are paved with gold for the councils.2. If you have a diesel, then the parking charges in Westminster, for instance is ~2X. Dunno for Camden.3. There is a ULEZ charge.You need to further read another sign similar to this in Camden (in CA-J, probably reads Mon-Fri 8:30 to 18:00), if so, free parking Saturday and Sunday.[Image]

Thank you,

I've just had a look in street view and can't see any pay machines (not to say there is isn't) but I guess this shouldn't affect me going on a Sunday anyway?

I do have a Diesel, I have a feeling that is does not trigger the congestion charge, but it's been a while since I checked, thankfully I should miss all the Congestion area, really don't fancy driving in that bit!

I can't find the other sign on the toad, but I will have another look later just incase .
Bob2460108/11/2019 07:43

Thank you, we are more than likely looking at Sunday so I'm hoping that it …Thank you, we are more than likely looking at Sunday so I'm hoping that it might make it a bit easier. I am glad you mentioned it as that could have been a problem if we were going Saturday.Going to give it a go, what's the worst that can happen, I just have to find somewhere else and pay.

No problem.

Just bear in mind Camden Market on a Sunday is incredibly busy and about a mile from Primrose Hill. However Sunday will be your best chance of parking in the vicinity
Bob2460108/11/2019 07:50

Thank you,I've just had a look in street view and can't see any pay …Thank you,I've just had a look in street view and can't see any pay machines (not to say there is isn't) but I guess this shouldn't affect me going on a Sunday anyway?I do have a Diesel, I have a feeling that is does not trigger the congestion charge, but it's been a while since I checked, thankfully I should miss all the Congestion area, really don't fancy driving in that bit!I can't find the other sign on the toad, but I will have another look later just incase .

You said, "I do have a Diesel, I have a feeling that is does not trigger the congestion charge."

However, there are two penalty charges in London: congestion and pollution (LEZ/ULEZ (for diesel: unless you have Diesel Euro 6 or better engine)).

Pollution charge is round the clock, any time. However, my cursory glance of the ULEZ map says CA-J is just outside of the ULEZ chargeable zone for diesel).
splender08/11/2019 16:43

You said, "I do have a Diesel, I have a feeling that is does not trigger …You said, "I do have a Diesel, I have a feeling that is does not trigger the congestion charge." However, there are two penalty charges in London: congestion and pollution (LEZ/ULEZ (for diesel: unless you have Diesel Euro 6 or better engine)).Pollution charge is round the clock, any time. However, my cursory glance of the ULEZ map says CA-J is just outside of the ULEZ chargeable zone for diesel).

Doh, maybe it's something I need to check just in case, thanks for letting me know.
Update just did a quick check and my car is not affected and no charge
Bob2460108/11/2019 16:52

Doh, maybe it's something I need to check just in case, thanks for letting …Doh, maybe it's something I need to check just in case, thanks for letting me know.

Unless you have Diesel Euro 6 engine, be careful that you don't accidentally stray into ULEZ as you try to look for free parking as close as possible outside of the ULEZ, else it is £12.50 a pop, even for a few seconds/minutes. And if didn't realise, and paid £12.50 within a day, it is £25 for late payment, I recall.
Edited by: "splender" 8th Nov
splender08/11/2019 16:57

Unless you have Diesel Euro 6 engine, be careful that you don't …Unless you have Diesel Euro 6 engine, be careful that you don't accidentally stray into ULEZ as you try to look for free parking as close as possible outside of the ULEZ, else it is £12.50 a pop, even for a few seconds/minutes. And if didn't realise, and paid £12.50 within a day, it is £25 for late payment, I recall.

Thank you again, I posted just before this I've checked and my car does not get charged thankfully.

38935894-ldMGa.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants