Parking Ticket Advice

Found 13th Aug 2017
Received a Parking Charge Notice (not Penalty) from Excel Parking Services with picture of what looks like our car and registration entering and leaving a car park in Halifax and a date and time.
We were at home at that time and date and in any event we have actually never, ever been to Halifax.
Not sure what to do - ignore it, tell police in case someone is using our registration or reply telling them it was not our car.
Would welcome some advice.
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
Is the picture exactly as your car, make, model, year. colour and reg number then i would contact parking services that it is not your car and you suspect it may be that reg number has been cloned or some other illegal activity is taking place.
I would also go to the police and show what you have received from parking service and your response and that you would wish to have this recorded, as it is a criminal matter. Also if this car with your reg number is driving about a whole load of speeding tickets or other infringements may be heading your way.
I would suggest that you do both, report the fact to the police that you think your car registration has been cloned, and also tell the parking company that they have the wrong person. Explain to them that you have never used their car park and unless they can prove beyond any doubt that it's you, you won't be paying any money that they're trying to charge you.
Edited by: "Dyslexic_Dog" 13th Aug 2017
Don't respond ignore have a cuppa and get on with your life
emotiveresponses6 m ago

Not so sure about that theory anymore, they have changed the rules recently about who and how they can take you to court.
Op, your best bet is to look on pepipoo.com where you will get some very good and informative answers regarding your situation.
I wouldn't ignore this.

Is the make and model the same? Can the plate clearly be read, perhaps the plate has been misread.

If it does I would certainly take the notice to police stating your number plate may have been cloned.

I would also write to or email the company sending the notice explaining you haven't been there and it wasn't your car and you won't be paying. But also you have reported the matter to the police and give possibility give them a crime reference number or similar if they give you one.

Don't pay if it isn't you or your car.

Try to get to the bottom of this before more notices and fines come through
emotiveresponses47 m ago

Terrible advice
Go to Halifax. It's really nice
philphil6131 m ago

Now I know how you got your HUKD …Now I know how you got your HUKD IDhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiHmeHZAc0s

I'll take that as a compliment. Actually Halifax is really interesting. The piece hall has just reopened after a major refurb
thepiecehall.co.uk
and shibden hall was home to an unsung hero of the lgbt world. en.m.wikipedia.org/wik…ter
psychobitchfromhell57 m ago

I'll take that as a compliment. Actually Halifax is really interesting. …I'll take that as a compliment. Actually Halifax is really interesting. The piece hall has just reopened after a major refurbhttp://www.thepiecehall.co.ukand shibden hall was home to an unsung hero of the lgbt world. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Lister

You should know me by now - I'm full of compliments

and sarcasm

As for Halifax I've never been
I would report the incident to the police as I would worry what else they get up to with the false plates. Bank robbery, kidnapping, drug smuggling, the imagination runs wild. At least then you have a legitimate response to future prosecutions.

The car park will not believe you otherwise, but with a police crime reference number, they will have no option but accept your statement that you were not there.
philphil612 h, 3 m ago

You should know me by now - I'm full of compliments and sarcasm …You should know me by now - I'm full of compliments and sarcasm As for Halifax I've never been

You flatter me as ever. Halifax is nicer than it sounds. John noakes came from Halifax and he was a national treasure. Well actually he was from shelf which is between Bradford and halifax. Right next to buttershaw if you've ever seen Rita sue and Bob too. We're quite picky here up north, might not let you folks from the Midlands in
mutley11 h, 58 m ago

I would report the incident to the police as I would worry what else they …I would report the incident to the police as I would worry what else they get up to with the false plates. Bank robbery, kidnapping, drug smuggling, the imagination runs wild. At least then you have a legitimate response to future prosecutions.The car park will not believe you otherwise, but with a police crime reference number, they will have no option but accept your statement that you were not there.

My sister once got a speeding ticket in Cardiff. She was at work in Stirling at the time.
Thanks for all the advice. I will report to police and write to parking company as suggested. Damn nuisance though.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions