Parkingeye discount after appeal?

Posted 19th Sep
Afternoon all.

The wife just got a invoice letter (PCN) through the post via me as I am the registered keeper. It's for her hospital (workplace) in the staff car park. We had just got a new car and she hadn't added the reg to the app that auto pays for the staff now to parkingeye. Now I know she should have (we'd only got it 2 days before) and I've given her an ear full (just as I would have got) but if we appeal via their process and it's rejected (highly likely looking online) does the reduced rate stand or does it goto full invoice amount? (its currently £42 then £70).

This system has had many issues when installed at Lincoln hospital and many invoices have been written off due to their errors (we had 7). This I know is our error, but I wish to appeal and put our case forward if anyone knows if the reduced rate gets offered after a rejection?

Many thanks
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
I would recommend appealaparkingticket.co.uk/
£25 but sorted mine, should be able to sort yours for you,
Less hassle for you & feels good not paying the fine
Not uncommon for the car park operator to instruct its contractor to withdraw/cancel a notice. Nothing to lose via approaching the operator, especially if the notice recipient has a formal relationship with the operator (employee/employer?).
I would certainly agree with AndyRoyd. It's worth speaking to the Hospital as they will have some sway in this situation. It's not as if you overstayed or are trying to dodge the charge just because it's "unfair" (as most seem to try!) so I'm sure they will see your reason as a valid one. I'd be VERY surprised if they just say "Tough cookies!" to you.
Phsycronix19/09/2019 14:38

I would certainly agree with AndyRoyd. It's worth speaking to the Hospital …I would certainly agree with AndyRoyd. It's worth speaking to the Hospital as they will have some sway in this situation. It's not as if you overstayed or are trying to dodge the charge just because it's "unfair" (as most seem to try!) so I'm sure they will see your reason as a valid one. I'd be VERY surprised if they just say "Tough cookies!" to you.

Thanks for your information and AndyRoyd. I have asked her to appeal to facilities. Annoying thing is the app had a balance of £5+ in so we'd have paid if she'd remembered.... Hindsight is a wonderful thing
smith2001uk19/09/2019 15:02

Thanks for your information and AndyRoyd. I have asked her to appeal to …Thanks for your information and AndyRoyd. I have asked her to appeal to facilities. Annoying thing is the app had a balance of £5+ in so we'd have paid if she'd remembered.... Hindsight is a wonderful thing

Isn't it just!

One thing I would say in regards to any appeal would be to withhold any discussion regarding the "charge" itself and whether an appeal would jeopardize the 'reduction' as this might be viewed in the first instance as a willingness to pay up and limit the Hospital's "helpfulness" level. Someone 'lazy' might think as you are already resigned to coughing up then they don't really need to intervene. I would wait until they offer to do something before asking the question. It's harder for them to back out of offering assistance 'after' they have comitted themselves.
pepipoo.com/
Best website to get PCNs cancelled, used it a few times on occassions where I'd mistyped my registration number, or judged to have parked outside a space or if ticked had fallen off windscreen. As above, the hospital are your first point of call, formal complaint etc.

Parking eye are gits when it comes to court action but get your appeal right and you'll be ok
Do it asap before your discount 14 days finishes
Unfortunately the land owner at the hospital will not be helping so we either pay the £42 lower invoice or £25 for the appeals company to sort it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants