ParkingEye Fine

Found 27th May
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has had a running with ParkingEye and managed to appeal.

have received a PCN - however on the day it occurred the barriers where not there, both the entry and exit barriers had been removed...

Anyone been in a similar situation?

(Happened in Manchester.)

TIA
Community Updates
Ask
23 Comments
If the signage is there, barriers or not, you won't win.
I received a parking eye fine and read on Moneysavingexpert website that you don’t have to pay private company fines. It’s only the council ones that must be paid so I never paid. I received letters for about 6 months advising me they would take me court etc and pass the on further to be dealt with because it was unpaid. It’s been 5 years and nothing ever happened. I never replied to any of the letters
hotoffers1233 m ago

I received a parking eye fine and read on Moneysavingexpert website that …I received a parking eye fine and read on Moneysavingexpert website that you don’t have to pay private company fines. It’s only the council ones that must be paid so I never paid. I received letters for about 6 months advising me they would take me court etc and pass the on further to be dealt with because it was unpaid. It’s been 5 years and nothing ever happened. I never replied to any of the letters

The law has changed. They do now go to court sometimes.
mas991 h, 11 m ago

You're right but only for serious offenders.
You know you did wrong, so pay up and learn from your error
Joey.Bloggsy29 m ago

No not anymore it’s bad advice to ignore their fines, of all the private companies parking eye are the mos aggressive.

when you say the barriers were not there what do you mean op? As in you couldn’t get a ticket and had no way to pay?
Joey.Bloggsy53 m ago

Not any more.

Op you need advice from the proper parking forum. Some people on here are still talking the past which will get you on more bother.
Dannyrobbo37 m ago

No not anymore it’s bad advice to ignore their fines, of all the private c …No not anymore it’s bad advice to ignore their fines, of all the private companies parking eye are the mos aggressive.when you say the barriers were not there what do you mean op? As in you couldn’t get a ticket and had no way to pay?

As in the actual pole/ plank that moves up was missing on the entrance and exit ...
Didn't think ticket would be required as everyone was just driving in/ out.
eslick13 m ago

Not any more.Op you need advice from the proper parking forum. Some …Not any more.Op you need advice from the proper parking forum. Some people on here are still talking the past which will get you on more bother.

The past?

Does that mean there has been some sort of changes to the law? Process?
h4rry0711 m ago

The past?Does that mean there has been some sort of changes to the law? …The past?Does that mean there has been some sort of changes to the law? Process?

Yes as some of the posters have said it’s all changed. Advice was to ignore and tgey would go away, that’s all changed. As the question at the link below they are seen as the best sources of advice.

forums.pepipoo.com/ind…=30
mas993 h, 16 m ago

It could have changed I haven’t checked recently to be honest I just ensure that I finish my shopping within the 3 hour limit so I never have a repeat
h4rry072 h, 21 m ago

As in the actual pole/ plank that moves up was missing on the entrance and …As in the actual pole/ plank that moves up was missing on the entrance and exit ... Didn't think ticket would be required as everyone was just driving in/ out.

Hmm.. You say everyone was driving in and out... As opposed to what, climbing fence, digging tunnels? They would be driving in and out but the smart ones would be paying in between or leaving within the alloted time. If someone has breached regulations and you copy them don't moan about getting caught. They probably got caught too.

The law has changed. They can find the vehicle owners name and address from dvla, you must either pay the charge, tell them who was driving if not you (that used to be the way out of paying, telling them you weren't driving and you refused to say who was. Now you must tell them by law) or appeal. Appealing is pretty pointless to be honest as you are appealing to committee made up of parking companies. So unless it's something that will come back and bite them all in the wallet you will lose).
Joey.Bloggsy3 h, 48 m ago

Actually they do take people for even only minor fines as all the costs end up being paid by the recipient of the fine. If it’s not paid it can end up at the high court and enforcement taken out which will mean a £100 fine could be £2-3k with fees etc
mrty1 h, 35 m ago

Hmm.. You say everyone was driving in and out... As opposed to what, …Hmm.. You say everyone was driving in and out... As opposed to what, climbing fence, digging tunnels? They would be driving in and out but the smart ones would be paying in between or leaving within the alloted time. If someone has breached regulations and you copy them don't moan about getting caught. They probably got caught too.The law has changed. They can find the vehicle owners name and address from dvla, you must either pay the charge, tell them who was driving if not you (that used to be the way out of paying, telling them you weren't driving and you refused to say who was. Now you must tell them by law) or appeal. Appealing is pretty pointless to be honest as you are appealing to committee made up of parking companies. So unless it's something that will come back and bite them all in the wallet you will lose).

BS, you are not required to identify the driver by law.
cmdr_elito1 h, 16 m ago

Actually they do take people for even only minor fines as all the costs …Actually they do take people for even only minor fines as all the costs end up being paid by the recipient of the fine. If it’s not paid it can end up at the high court and enforcement taken out which will mean a £100 fine could be £2-3k with fees etc

Costs are not applicable if going via small claims court, and anything under £10,000 must go via small claims court. You guys must work for private parking companies.
MadeDixonsCry11 m ago

The fine will go to the registered keeper of the vehicle.
If the registered keeper let someone else use the vehicle and they fail to notify who was driving then the fine will stay valid with the registered keeper.

take a look in the highway code states it in there.
MadeDixonsCry17 m ago

You are if you want to say you weren't driving.

"If someone borrowed your car
The person you lent your car to is responsible for the parking ticket if it’s a:

Parking Charge Notice from a landowner or parking company – issued on private land, such as a supermarket car park
Fixed Penalty Notice from the police (or Transport NI in Northern Ireland) - issued on red routes, white zig zags or where the police manage parking
They’re responsible even if you regularly share your car with them.

If a Parking Charge Notice is sent to you
You should definitely appeal as the notice against you should be cancelled. Don’t be put off because it’s been sent to you and not the driver. It just means the parking company used your car’s registration number to get the registered keeper’s address from the DVLA.

You should contact the company and give them the full name and address of the person who was driving. The parking company’s contact details will be on the notice they’ve sent to you – or you can find them on their website.

Make sure you write down the name of the person you speak to and the date and time of your call – you might need to refer to the conversation later in your appeal.

If you write to the parking company, you should send the documents by recorded delivery through the post office. You’ll then be able to prove that they arrived because the delivery will be signed for.

The parking company must cancel the parking ticket against you if you've sent them the full name and address of the person who was driving. The parking notice will then be issued to the person who was driving – known as 'transfer of liability'."

Of you don't inform them, then you accept the charge. If you refuse to tell them by insist there was another driver they can ask the courts to enforce your telling. To then refuse would be contempt of court.
MadeDixonsCry19 m ago

Costs are not applicable if going via small claims court, and anything …Costs are not applicable if going via small claims court, and anything under £10,000 must go via small claims court. You guys must work for private parking companies.

lawgazette.co.uk/law…cle

No I don’t work for a parking company but here’s an example of someone’s challenge being overturned at the Supreme Court for what is essentially an £85 ticket. Yes most would start at small claims but if not paid it can be escalated through other courts and then costs get piled on.
Caroline_199325 m ago

The fine will go to the registered keeper of the vehicle. If the …The fine will go to the registered keeper of the vehicle. If the registered keeper let someone else use the vehicle and they fail to notify who was driving then the fine will stay valid with the registered keeper. take a look in the highway code states it in there.

One could conveniently forget who was driving on that day and the fine will go to the keeper. The keeper can only be held liable of the notice to keeper complies worth the protection of freedom act, and most of them do not, so the keeper cannot be held.
cmdr_elito27 m ago

https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/law/supreme-court-dismisses-85-parking-ticket-challenge/5051987.articleNo I don’t work for a parking company but here’s an example of someone’s challenge being overturned at the Supreme Court for what is essentially an £85 ticket. Yes most would start at small claims but if not paid it can be escalated through other courts and then costs get piled on.

parkingcowboys.co.uk/par…is/

He ignored the pcn. One should not ignore the pcn.
MadeDixonsCry13 m ago

One could conveniently forget who was driving on that day and the fine …One could conveniently forget who was driving on that day and the fine will go to the keeper. The keeper can only be held liable of the notice to keeper complies worth the protection of freedom act, and most of them do not, so the keeper cannot be held.

The parking company can apply to the court to force you to say who was driving. If you refuse to comply you can be charged with contempt of court.
Dannyrobbo5 h, 55 m ago

No not anymore it’s bad advice to ignore their fines, of all the private c …No not anymore it’s bad advice to ignore their fines, of all the private companies parking eye are the mos aggressive.when you say the barriers were not there what do you mean op? As in you couldn’t get a ticket and had no way to pay?

Don't fall into intimidation
It's not a fine FFS, If you're trying to give genuine advice then at least get the facts right. It's a speculative invoice, NOT A FINE. They don't have the power to fine you. Only the Council or Police have the power to issue parking fines.

Sure they now take the odd person to small claims courts, they sometimes even win but it's certainly an extremely small minority. They intimate people with previous cases etc.. I've ignored several with no come backs, I've got friends and family that I've advised to ignore them and bin etc.. they've had no come backs either.

It's a gamble, I've gambled and ignored. That's an option but not a guarantee and a miniscule chance they may take you to a small claims court in which case you could incure court costs etc etc... so yes it's a risk you take.

Only appeal if you're willing to pay it. They know if you appeal that you're more likely to respond and pay up when they threaten you with court etc.. on the odd occasion they may accept your appeal if you have got a genuine excuse. Another way is if for example you had parked in Asda and got the ticket you could speak to the manager and they may get the parking company to drop it.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 27th May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants