ParkingEye fine

Posted 24th Mar
Advice please.
I parked in a ParkingEye car park, paid what I should have and left before my time was up. I made a mistake when entering my reg. number, cleared the screen and re-entered correctly. The machine, however, printed the ticket out incorrectly. I still have the parking ticket which clearly shows most of my reg number. They are now chasing me after I refused to accept the £20 reduced fine. Do I just ignore them or do I need to carry on wasting my time, as I have no intention of paying.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
I ignored one I got at Xmas and they stopped bothering me with letters by the end of Feb. At your own risk tbh. Never pay their “fines”. (I stay in Scotland which is different than England with private companies but might have changed recently? Someone will clear up)
Edited by: "-Will-" 24th Mar
I would say that you have proof of ‘clear intention to pay’ and it was a case of fat fingers, rather than a flagrant disregard for any parking charge.
If this is a penalty charge rather than a notice, then I would provide them with details of your ticket and write a nice polite letter to them asking for leniency and common sense to prevail etc...and you’ll be more careful next time.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 24th Mar
I wouldn't ignore them, I would contact them explaining your situation, you entered the details wrong but at the end of the day you paid for the space and time and therefore shouldn't be punished
Appeal it, don’t ignore anymore as long as you show the details were wrong they normally cancel it. Wife put the beginning of our reg in and the end of our post code, and paid know idea how she did it. Called them and asked if I needed to pay again they said just appeal, did got a letter back which was a slap on the wrist to not do it again.
Thank you to samtman as that seems to bring some clarity to the situation. I have already sent ParkingEye my parking ticket and the fault was not mine if the machine did not make the correction that I made. My reg number was plainly and clearly correct on the screen when I pressed the button for the ticket.They are, however, still pursuing the matter. Hopefully, a copy of this article will mean that I will win my appeal. Many thanks.
samtman24/03/2020 12:09

https://www.moneywise.co.uk/news/2020-01-09%E2%80%8C%E2%80%8C/drivers-who-enter-wrong-number-plate-when-parking-will-no-longer-be-finedread this

@jayhutton10 - didn't a similar thing happen and you won your appeal?
Sc4mp024/03/2020 12:50

@jayhutton10 - didn't a similar thing happen and you won your appeal?

It did indeed. Wife input the incorrect reg (hers instead of mine) and still paid the parking fee. I paid the fine but appealed, I got a cheque through the post for the fine in about 3 weeks.
I also went and took pictures of the signage in the car park as it said "you must enter your registration number", it didn't say it had to be the reg of the vehicle in the car park (although this is implied). Wording is everything on those signs and most of the fines are unenforceable due to poor wording on the terms and conditions.

I'd appeal it formally rather than ignore
Edited by: "jayhutton10" 24th Mar
jayhutton1024/03/2020 13:14

It did indeed. Wife input the incorrect reg (hers instead of mine) and …It did indeed. Wife input the incorrect reg (hers instead of mine) and still paid the parking fee. I paid the fine but appealed, I got a cheque through the post for the fine in about 3 weeks.I also went and took pictures of the signage in the car park as it said "you must enter your registration number", it didn't say it had to be the reg of the vehicle in the car park (although this is implied). Wording is everything on those signs and most of the fines are unenforceable due to poor wording on the terms and conditions.I'd appeal it formally rather than ignore

Thank you. I will indeed appeal as I don't feel comfortable just ignoring, especially since I have started the process. I also don't feel comfortable paying the unwarranted fine!
mavrikas24/03/2020 13:27

Thank you. I will indeed appeal as I don't feel comfortable just ignoring, …Thank you. I will indeed appeal as I don't feel comfortable just ignoring, especially since I have started the process. I also don't feel comfortable paying the unwarranted fine!

No problem, you shouldn't have to pay. I just had a worried wife on my case.
Let us know how you get on
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants