Parkrun free, weekly, 5km timed events open to everyone (Earn a Free T shirt with 50 runs)

Expert (Beta) 11
Posted 8th Jan
Parkrun organise free, weekly, 5km timed runs in local parks across the UK and the world.

They are open to everyone, free, and are safe and easy to take part in.

Find your nearest event.

parkrun.org.uk/

I know this will have been posted previously but as it January and people are often trying to get healthier I thought it was worth a mention again

Here’s 10 reasons to try your first run from the park run blog
blog.parkrun.com/uk/…un/

In the 5k series all participants who complete 50 runs are awarded a 50 Club t-shirt; those who complete 100 receive the 100 t-Shirt; those who complete 250 runs receive a 250 t-shirt; and complete 500 runs to receive the 500 t-shirt.

If you have met the given criteria (run the required number of times), you can claim a free milestone t-shirt. Postage and packaging applies.

How to claim your free t shirt

p&p £3.95 applies

support.parkrun.com/hc/…493

3384404-IkAIc.jpg
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

11 Comments
Good post , get people active
theposter08/01/2020 21:44

Good post , get people active

Thanks

Also plenty of deals around for cheap trainers if anyone needs a new pair for this
I heard about "Couch to 5K" app in partnership/developed by NHS.
Might be a help to someone to get into this
u66454108/01/2020 22:07

I heard about "Couch to 5K" app in partnership/developed by NHS. Might be …I heard about "Couch to 5K" app in partnership/developed by NHS. Might be a help to someone to get into this

Thats great

here’s the web link as well

nhs.uk/liv…ek/
And if you want to give back to parkrun for getting you fitter, there's a Volunteer 25 shirt for helping out 25 times.
And if you volunteer as a tail walker you get points towards your club shirt and volunteer shirt.
Park run is so much more popular then some people realise. I live in a relatively small town (Newbury) and they get around 350 people a week!
Great way for people to get in to running as you will get all sorts of runners and walkers. The times vary from 16mins to around 1 hour. So don’t think for a second that you might go there and make your self look stupid.
dorset_taco09/01/2020 09:07

And if you volunteer as a tail walker you get points towards your club …And if you volunteer as a tail walker you get points towards your club shirt and volunteer shirt.

Wow bonus good to know thanks
uglybob88809/01/2020 09:28

Park run is so much more popular then some people realise. I live in a …Park run is so much more popular then some people realise. I live in a relatively small town (Newbury) and they get around 350 people a week!Great way for people to get in to running as you will get all sorts of runners and walkers. The times vary from 16mins to around 1 hour. So don’t think for a second that you might go there and make your self look stupid.

My nearest is a relatively new one that has been set up
They even created a new path in the park for it
myusernamehasgone23409/01/2020 10:56

My nearest is a relatively new one that has been set up They even created …My nearest is a relatively new one that has been set up They even created a new path in the park for it

I have not done park run for a few years as I go to the gym more then run outside these days. But I’d recommend it
Great post. Thank you very much for sharing!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions