Parkside pressure washer PH 170 A1

Posted 7th May
Just wondering if this any good

Ideal for cleaning vehicles, patios, walls and more
With a powerful, durable and highly corrosionresistant aluminium high-pressure pump
Power-saving automatic start-stop system: motor operates only when the trigger gun is pressed
Can also be used without mains water due to integrated water suction function (requires additional suction hose with filter)
10m anti-twist, high-pressure hose
Easy-change cleaning nozzle with quick-connect system
Easy to move around thanks to its lightweight construction, large wheels and retractable handle
Robust housing made from impact-resistant plastic Integrated hose reel plus practical power cable and accessory holders
Ergonomic trigger gun with child-safety lock
Quick connection for standard garden hoses (including hose adaptors)
Includes trigger gun, lance, standard adjustable nozzle, turbo dirt blaster, foam nozzle with 1L detergent bottle, rotating washing brush with articulated joint, nozzle cleaning needle, water connector with sieve insert, quick connector with garden hose adaptor, 10m high-pressure hose and 500ml bottle of detergent
Power consumption: 2,400W
Max. capacity: 450L/hour
Max. working pressure / rated pressure: 11.5MPa (115 bar)
Pressure: max. 17MPa (170 bar)
Cable length: 5m
3-year warranty
3458148-MsARG.jpg
3458148-an69d.jpg
3458148-pAWv1.jpg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
In what context, sulaimank1? Price???

It's a reasonably-powered unit for home use and looks like it comes with a decent array of accessories - but:

If it's £50 it's a fab bargain. If it's £200 then it's a dead duck!

Parkside stuff is usually marketed by Lidl - and the warranty sounds great @ 3yrs but; having experienced Lidl's warranty myself; it's a sliding scale based on usage and not always an 'instant' like for like replacement. Apart from that, the tools are usually decently made (for the price paid) and last as well as can be expected for an "own brand" style product.

The key thing about this unit (from a sales point) would be the aluminium pump. A good thing to have with a PW as they tend to sit for long periods of inactivity - which can take it's toll on a plastic pump variant.
Phsycronix07/05/2020 10:52

In what context, sulaimank1? Price???It's a reasonably-powered unit for …In what context, sulaimank1? Price???It's a reasonably-powered unit for home use and looks like it comes with a decent array of accessories - but:If it's £50 it's a fab bargain. If it's £200 then it's a dead duck!Parkside stuff is usually marketed by Lidl - and the warranty sounds great @ 3yrs but; having experienced Lidl's warranty myself; it's a sliding scale based on usage and not always an 'instant' like for like replacement. Apart from that, the tools are usually decently made (for the price paid) and last as well as can be expected for an "own brand" style product.The key thing about this unit (from a sales point) would be the aluminium pump. A good thing to have with a PW as they tend to sit for long periods of inactivity - which can take it's toll on a plastic pump variant.

It’s £99.99
sulaimank107/05/2020 11:01

It’s £99.99

Grrr, I HATE prices like that! Why can't they just make it £100?

I suppose it's a 'fair' price for it, compared to some lesser quality/powered models recently on here for circa £60. I wouldn't call it a "bargain" price though. The 3yr warranty is good but as I said, don't expect to return it after 35 months (if it goes bang) and expect a replacement for it. It doesn't quite work like that. They tend to give you a credit 'value' based on a sliding-scale usage model to include normal wear and tear. In all honesty though, I'd rather have this than I would a Karcher. People put more faith in those machines than they deserve! My personal opinion, obviously.

Whatever unit you decide on, always do the following:

Clean the nozzle/jet. If you haven't got a tool, use a piece of thin wire. Grit and debris is one thing but limescale is a swine!

Before storage, remove AS MUCH water as you can from the unit. Disconnect supply hose - then operate the unit briefly, pulling the trigger until no water is expelled.

Not as important at this time of year but for winter months, if stored outside then keep it off the ground and preferably covered with an old sheet to prevent moisture/condensation/freezing.

All the best, Phsy.
Phsycronix07/05/2020 11:32

Grrr, I HATE prices like that! Why can't they just make it £100?I …Grrr, I HATE prices like that! Why can't they just make it £100?I suppose it's a 'fair' price for it, compared to some lesser quality/powered models recently on here for circa £60. I wouldn't call it a "bargain" price though. The 3yr warranty is good but as I said, don't expect to return it after 35 months (if it goes bang) and expect a replacement for it. It doesn't quite work like that. They tend to give you a credit 'value' based on a sliding-scale usage model to include normal wear and tear. In all honesty though, I'd rather have this than I would a Karcher. People put more faith in those machines than they deserve! My personal opinion, obviously. Whatever unit you decide on, always do the following:Clean the nozzle/jet. If you haven't got a tool, use a piece of thin wire. Grit and debris is one thing but limescale is a swine!Before storage, remove AS MUCH water as you can from the unit. Disconnect supply hose - then operate the unit briefly, pulling the trigger until no water is expelled.Not as important at this time of year but for winter months, if stored outside then keep it off the ground and preferably covered with an old sheet to prevent moisture/condensation/freezing.All the best, Phsy.

Thanks
I have the model down which was £60 sold back in march, posted here too. It's a powerful washer. But does not come with the patio cleaner.
Which?: Should you buy the new Lidl Parkside pressure washer? – Which? News.
which.co.uk/new…er/
Which? first look verdict
If you need a powerful pressure washer, but want something cheaper than our Best Buys, this might be worth a look. In our first look we thought it cleaned well and had some attractive features.
I saw this in Lidl yesterday and thought it was good value for the spec. Did a quick search on HUKD and couldn’t see it on here so didn’t buy it. I don’t know how good a brand Parkside is but £100 for 3 years pressure washing seemed good value to me.
I bought it when it was in Lidl Northern Ireland, 2 weeks before it was sold in GB and it was £79.99 here strangely. It's an excellent bit of kit for the money.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions