Expired

Partner Car Accident

19 replies
Found 1st May 2011
basically my girlfriend has just called me to say the bloody rental car she is in she went into the person in front of her.. now she only basically rubbed paintwork onto his back bumper but the guy took her details..

now from what she said the person in front slammed on his breaks just a few metres after turning a corner, as the person in front had done so before him... now the lady in front took off but obviously my partner hit the gentleman who had just turned the corner..

is it her fault if he put on his breaks in the middle of the road, there was no way that she would of know i have drawn a sketch in paint to sort of show what it was like.. there was cars along one side of the road obstructing her view of the road she was going on to so when she turned it was the first thing she saw.

1. Misc
  2. Car
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Car
19 Comments

Original Poster

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp120/liamis2cool/jpeg.jpg

basically she is the yellow car person she hit is green and lady who took off is blue, and red represents the cars waiting to turn out onto the road.. green patchy is a forrest lol.

Its her fault for not keeping a appropriate distance away from the car in front.

Original Poster

even if she couldnt see round the corner? literally its not the scale the drawing.. she literally turned in and bam he was there

Banned

as above please lock

mum2b

Its her fault for not keeping a appropriate distance away from the car in … Its her fault for not keeping a appropriate distance away from the car in front.

this is what i would have said also.. should be a reasonable distance behind so unforeseeable events she can stop in time..

Original Poster

what i pretty much thought, she thought she might have a chance since the guy hadnt taken off again since the woman in front had driven off so when she turned the corner and couldnt see him he was just there.

regardless of the circumstances or ,who is at fault all insurance companies will say the same thing if you bump someone from behind no matter what the reason you are at fault,

afraid you are always at fault in the insurance companies eyes when you hit someone from behind

liamis2cool

even if she couldnt see round the corner? literally its not the scale the … even if she couldnt see round the corner? literally its not the scale the drawing.. she literally turned in and bam he was there

Well turning right into a junction you should be checking the road is clear. If you cant see then you should come to a stop and wait until you can see and the junction is clear for you to proceed.

But as said above in law if you hit the car in front it's normally classed as your fault.

have to be doing an appropiate speed to deal with anything that could be around the corner, especially if you cant see round it..

basically my girlfriend...went into the person in front of her

lol why even ask...
Edited by: "numptyj" 1st May 2011

vinylandtrinkets

regardless of the circumstances or ,who is at fault all insurance … regardless of the circumstances or ,who is at fault all insurance companies will say the same thing if you bump someone from behind no matter what the reason you are at fault,

Well that is not technically correct as cars pulling away and/or out of junctions is not classed as your fault.

Everyone should know this by now, Clearly her fault.

pointless thread

GAVINLEWISHUKD

Well that is not technically correct as cars pulling away and/or out of … Well that is not technically correct as cars pulling away and/or out of junctions is not classed as your fault.

yes it is, if you hit a car from behind no matter if the car is pulling away from a junction, pulling away 1, your too flipping close 2, its your fault,
hubby was shunted from behind last summer and he nudged the car in front at a roundabout, he and the car in front of him had stopped with handbrakes on and this nutter comes up and bumps him so he nudged the car in front, they claimed off our insurance and we claimed of the nutter who hit hubby.

another case my dad behind a panicking woman driver on a roundabout, she pulls off then hits her brakes and stops dead . after getting on to the roundabout, dad hits his brakes but still bumps her, his fault not watching what she was doing, he was watching the traffic coming on to the roundabout saw it was clear and pulled away.. this is what any insurance company will say.

or when i had a bad crash, i stopped to turn right , speeding car comes from nowhere hits me from behind shoving me over 10ft up the road almost into the bin lorry, his fault he hit me

Banned

I blame speeding

Banned

I thought Google Earth images were copyrighted?

vinylandtrinkets

yes it is, if you hit a car from behind no matter if the car is pulling … yes it is, if you hit a car from behind no matter if the car is pulling away from a junction, pulling away 1, your too flipping close 2, its your fault, hubby was shunted from behind last summer and he nudged the car in front at a roundabout, he and the car in front of him had stopped with handbrakes on and this nutter comes up and bumps him so he nudged the car in front, they claimed off our insurance and we claimed of the nutter who hit hubby.another case my dad behind a panicking woman driver on a roundabout, she pulls off then hits her brakes and stops dead . after getting on to the roundabout, dad hits his brakes but still bumps her, his fault not watching what she was doing, he was watching the traffic coming on to the roundabout saw it was clear and pulled away.. this is what any insurance company will say.or when i had a bad crash, i stopped to turn right , speeding car comes from nowhere hits me from behind shoving me over 10ft up the road almost into the bin lorry, his fault he hit me

i think the one exception to this rule is in a circumstance if the car in front is in reverse...

My worst nightmare, an accident in a hire car. I assume they will now charge for every scratch and bump found on the car.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition57570
  2. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums22
  3. Free money and competition entry @ Circle68
  4. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)45

See more discussions