Groups
    EXPIRED

Partners PS3 has died........ :( Any point contacting Sony?

Banned
    Soooooo...... he was playing PES 2015 last night and he got a black screen and then it restarted itself (half way through a match) however all it did/does is the red light turns green for 3-10 seconds and then the whole thing goes off again, nothing comes up on the screen.
    Have tried a few different power cables and reseating the hard drive / taking it out but nothing makes a difference, it's a Super Slim PS3 12gb version (I upgraded the hdd to 320gb when we first got it)

We've had it for around 1.5 - 2 years from new, will Sony do anything about it / is there any point contacting them?

Let's just say he's not in the festive mood any more, he is pretty annoyed to say the least Can't afford to buy another for atleast a few months, so yeah he's gutted.

7 Comments

You tried booting it into recovery mode and see if any of those options help?
    community.us.playstation.com/t5/…118
    https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1488/~/safe-mode-on-ps3

Original Poster Banned

SupremeJaguar

You tried booting it into recovery mode and see if any of those options … You tried booting it into recovery mode and see if any of those options help?http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Support/How-to-access-the-PlayStation-3-Recovery-Menu/td-p/19195118https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1488/~/safe-mode-on-ps3

Thanks for the reply, yes tried all that and it either doesn't work or doesn't work on Super Slim versions, no beeps when holding the power button down it just does the same thing comes on then switches off.

I'm guessing theres an issue with the internal bits for the power supply
    Appreciate the on topic reply
    Edited by: "Holly1985" 20th Dec 2014

Holly1985

Thanks for the reply, yes tried all that and it either doesn't work or … Thanks for the reply, yes tried all that and it either doesn't work or doesn't work on Super Slim versions, no beeps when holding the power button down it just does the same thing comes on then switches off.I'm guessing theres an issue with the internal bits for the power supply :(Appreciate the on topic reply

Blank screen...... Something could be up with the video input then.
    It could be as simple as a HDMI cable? I've had a few HDMI's fail on me.

Just contact them, worst they can do is ask how long you've had it & then laugh at you down the phone.

If that fails, you could try using the Composite cable as see if you get a picture.

I would definitely contact sony. I have a "fat" ps3 which died on me a year ago. I contacted customer support and they were very helpful. Talked me through various different ways to get it working and how to recover any lost data. It doesnt matter how old it is, they are always willing to help. Needless to say I am still playing my ps3 and it has been faultless since the hiccup. dont listen to the doubters, sony are a great company and look after their customers!

no hard in trying sony

who was it bought from? and was it bought by credit card?
    these may be options if sony don't play ball.....or they might say you've fiddled with it too much for original warranties/statutory laws to still be in place, however they may be worth looking into. doubt anything will be sorted before xmas though, sorry

i saw a new/boxed one being sold by a mate for £85 recently and am assuming they may be even cheaper post xmas (many people upgrading to PS4 etc) so hopefully you can at least pick up a bargain if you do replace
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I would not recommend anyone to buy tickets in viagogo33
      2. HP Instant Ink 4 month trial setup?1827
      3. Are the free antivirus any good?55
      4. Disney descendants duvet22

See more discussions