Party Bag Fillers

Posted 8th Jan
I need to fill around 20 party bags (cheaply) for a 7th birthday party, does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could put in them that isn’t just the usual plastic tat?

Thanks in advance!!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
I'm currently doing this for a 7 year old's party. In the past I've spent a lot and put so much thought into it, even did personalised items and no one's parent's said thank you and no child/parent seemed to appreciate it. My son never get's any back that are as thoughtful or amazing so this year I'm going plain/standard.... He loves Minecraft and I managed to pick up a pack of 10 x Minecraft party bags on ebay for £1, I picked up some bouncy balls in Home bargains today 69p for 4. A multipack of the little packets of mini party rings to put in, glo sticks (69p for 15, Home Bargains), chupa chups lollies (£1 for 20 at B&M). They will get a piece of cake. I will pop in a balloon and then I'm thinking just to go with the minecraft theme a little minecraft lego figure - currently looking for bundles on Ebay.

Don't overthink it, no one really appreciates it
26 Comments
No idea as never had to do this myself but how much per 'child' would you be looking at? I didn't think "party bags" and "cheaply" went hand-in-hand!

How about:
allaboutpartybags.co.uk/

10% off first order using code: FIRST

Apart from that, I don't know. Something useful. Poundland stationary set/calculator etc. Those little "sugar-free" sweetie boxes from Lidl/Aldi - about 69p each.

Instead of "Party bags" why not do a "Lucky dip" instead where each child gets a pressie from a box? At least it's just 1 gift wrapped up?

Good luck. I don't envy you in the slightest! Hehe.

Regards, Phsy.
Pound shop.com may have some bits you can put in like packs of erasers you can split up
Edited by: "choccie32" 8th Jan
swarovski? ..oh no, that IS tat
A pencil they can use for school, couple of balloons they can blow up at home, couple of the of the very small Haribo bags and a slice of birthday cake to take home (you could make an extra cake at home and cut / wrap the day before).

Don't see why you would need to spend much, they have been fed and entertained at your cost for a few hours!!

Agree with you saying about not costing too much, they are 7, they don't need much.
Edited by: "cideristhefuture" 8th Jan
Most supermarkets have party bag fillers 3 for 2 get the ones with the most in. Some are assorted too.
Phsycronix08/01/2020 19:27

No idea as never had to do this myself but how much per 'child' would you …No idea as never had to do this myself but how much per 'child' would you be looking at? I didn't think "party bags" and "cheaply" went hand-in-hand!How about:https://www.allaboutpartybags.co.uk/10% off first order using code: FIRSTApart from that, I don't know. Something useful. Poundland stationary set/calculator etc. Those little "sugar-free" sweetie boxes from Lidl/Aldi - about 69p each.Instead of "Party bags" why not do a "Lucky dip" instead where each child gets a pressie from a box? At least it's just 1 gift wrapped up?Good luck. I don't envy you in the slightest! Hehe. Regards, Phsy.

I like the lucky dip idea! You’ve been very helpful considering you’ve never had to do them!
korinarose436608/01/2020 20:05

I like the lucky dip idea! You’ve been very helpful considering you’ve nev …I like the lucky dip idea! You’ve been very helpful considering you’ve never had to do them!

Haha. I've had experience in watching one in action though. I think; on the whole; the kiddies enjoyed it more as there was an element of surprise and interaction/luck involved. I would've suggested wrapping in blue or pink but the PC crowd would eat me for breakfast! Gender neutral/rainbow wrapping aside, this "LBGTQRSTUV" is making a simple life a wee bit more complicated now.

I even suggested sugar-free sweets so it keeps the "I don't give my child sugar" brigade happy...
I'm currently doing this for a 7 year old's party. In the past I've spent a lot and put so much thought into it, even did personalised items and no one's parent's said thank you and no child/parent seemed to appreciate it. My son never get's any back that are as thoughtful or amazing so this year I'm going plain/standard.... He loves Minecraft and I managed to pick up a pack of 10 x Minecraft party bags on ebay for £1, I picked up some bouncy balls in Home bargains today 69p for 4. A multipack of the little packets of mini party rings to put in, glo sticks (69p for 15, Home Bargains), chupa chups lollies (£1 for 20 at B&M). They will get a piece of cake. I will pop in a balloon and then I'm thinking just to go with the minecraft theme a little minecraft lego figure - currently looking for bundles on Ebay.

Don't overthink it, no one really appreciates it
Phsycronix08/01/2020 20:11

Haha. I've had experience in watching one in action though. I think; on …Haha. I've had experience in watching one in action though. I think; on the whole; the kiddies enjoyed it more as there was an element of surprise and interaction/luck involved. I would've suggested wrapping in blue or pink but the PC crowd would eat me for breakfast! Gender neutral/rainbow wrapping aside, this "LBGTQRSTUV" is making a simple life a wee bit more complicated now. I even suggested sugar-free sweets so it keeps the "I don't give my child sugar" brigade happy...

Haha! It most definitely is getting more complicated!! Thank you again for your help, I’ll see if I can find some cheap things for a lucky dip!
Just to add I have been to a party where the parent bought each child a present rather than the usual tat in a party bag which was really thoughtful and much appreciated.
Bouncy balls!
Temporary tattoos
Smaybelline08/01/2020 20:12

I'm currently doing this for a 7 year old's party. In the past I've spent …I'm currently doing this for a 7 year old's party. In the past I've spent a lot and put so much thought into it, even did personalised items and no one's parent's said thank you and no child/parent seemed to appreciate it. My son never get's any back that are as thoughtful or amazing so this year I'm going plain/standard.... He loves Minecraft and I managed to pick up a pack of 10 x Minecraft party bags on ebay for £1, I picked up some bouncy balls in Home bargains today 69p for 4. A multipack of the little packets of mini party rings to put in, glo sticks (69p for 15, Home Bargains), chupa chups lollies (£1 for 20 at B&M). They will get a piece of cake. I will pop in a balloon and then I'm thinking just to go with the minecraft theme a little minecraft lego figure - currently looking for bundles on Ebay. Don't overthink it, no one really appreciates it

That's a pity, Smaybelline. Could be a touch of jealously perhaps? It sounds as if you still put a bit of thought into it - even if on a standard level.

I would have suggested the same idea to the OP about Ebay but not sure how much time they have to play with before "Doomsday" arrives! Otherwise, I'd order a shedload of cheap chinese stuff (selfie-sticks, watches and that type of thing) which can be had for buttons. Might take a month to get here though...
Phsycronix08/01/2020 20:21

That's a pity, Smaybelline. Could be a touch of jealously perhaps? It …That's a pity, Smaybelline. Could be a touch of jealously perhaps? It sounds as if you still put a bit of thought into it - even if on a standard level.I would have suggested the same idea to the OP about Ebay but not sure how much time they have to play with before "Doomsday" arrives! Otherwise, I'd order a shedload of cheap chinese stuff (selfie-sticks, watches and that type of thing) which can be had for buttons. Might take a month to get here though...

I just thought that's what parents did, put thought into it, maybe my expectations are too high. Oops.

But yes I like to put thought into it even when it's standard!

I have ordered bits from China before months in advance, a way to get a lot of cheap items. I had little finger puppets that were sooo cute and little plane gliders.

I'm currently doing this for a 7 year old's party. In the past I've spent …I'm currently doing this for a 7 year old's party. In the past I've spent a lot and put so much thought into it, even did personalised items and no one's parent's said thank you and no child/parent seemed to appreciate it. My son never get's any back that are as thoughtful or amazing so this year I'm going plain/standard.... He loves Minecraft and I managed to pick up a pack of 10 x Minecraft party bags on ebay for £1, I picked up some bouncy balls in Home bargains today 69p for 4. A multipack of the little packets of mini party rings to put in, glo sticks (69p for 15, Home Bargains), chupa chups lollies (£1 for 20 at B&M). They will get a piece of cake. I will pop in a balloon and then I'm thinking just to go with the minecraft theme a little minecraft lego figure - currently looking for bundles on Ebay. Don't overthink it, no one really appreciates it

LOL

Was going to add to what I said, as you say....

You wont get any thanks, the kids will open the bags when they get home and it will be forgotten about the next morning.

They should be giving parents a 'thank you' for all the money spent and free childcare!
Take a look at this sort of thing:
ebay.co.uk/itm…N=1
Buy 4 (or more) at 89p each. This is a pink one. Other colours are a bit more. Cheap little gift but a child would probably find it more interesting than a pencil case etc. It's crazy what you can get if you dig...
I just do sweet bags now, the cone shaped clear bags tied with ribbon. I try and find as many unusual and pretty looking sweets and layer them. You could also buy some personalised stickers of eBay to put on as a thank you message.
I used to do the really well thought out ones, also have done books, but I think out of everything the thing that children have been most happy to receive (both watching kids leave our parties and watching mine open theirs after other people’s parties) is a bag of cheap tat. Gliders, tattoos, those little sticky men, parachute men, mini springs, whistles, clapping hand things, anything like that with sweets and cake.
And as for thank yous, sadly I think that’s par for the course- often people don’t thank for the gifts let alone a party bag.

That’s terrible everyone was ungrateful next year teach the parents a lesson and make your own slime in just 1p at the moment too

poundtoy.com/col…het

39629724-vdBs3.jpgp&p is £2.95 I think or Free with £25 spend
At least a Nintendo switch in each, maybe a phone as well. Otherwise you will look cheap and your child will probably be bullied for it at school...

Seriously put in what you can afford, at 7 they will appreciate what they get...
Hotwheels? Everyone loves toy cars
My daughter’s 7th b’day is next week and this is what I have ordered , mostly wood items

TOYMYTOY 24pcs Key Chain Rings... amazon.co.uk/dp/B0756D394X?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Gardigo - Piège à Campagnols Rat... amazon.co.uk/dp/B07YFRWPKL?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Henbrandt 24 X Blow Ball Pipe Party Bag Filler amazon.co.uk/dp/B00XT9NLL4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_AN1fEbNNCVN7S

Augshy 40 Pcs Favor Paper Gift... amazon.co.uk/dp/B07JHL5M?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Plus will add sweets , hope this helps you

I need 36 sets and Including sweets I guess it came £1.9 per bag

all items seems good quality , 90% wood, least use of plastic. have opened and tested them , key rings are best of the lot , blow ball is good make but little hard to use , daughter said she has no problems using it to did not return
Edited by: "RealOldMonk" 9th Jan
RealOldMonk09/01/2020 16:51

My daughter’s 7th b’day is next week and this is what I have ordered , mos …My daughter’s 7th b’day is next week and this is what I have ordered , mostly wood items TOYMYTOY 24pcs Key Chain Rings... amazon.co.uk/dp/B0756D394X?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_shareGardigo - Piège à Campagnols Rat... amazon.co.uk/dp/B07YFRWPKL?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_shareHenbrandt 24 X Blow Ball Pipe Party Bag Filler amazon.co.uk/dp/B00XT9NLL4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_AN1fEbNNCVN7SAugshy 40 Pcs Favor Paper Gift... amazon.co.uk/dp/B07JHLXD 5M?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share Plus will add sweets , hope this helps youI need 36 sets and Including sweets I guess it came £1.9 per bagall items seems good quality , 90% wood, least use of plastic. have opened and tested them , key rings are best of the lot , blow ball is good make but little hard to use , daughter said she has no problems using it to did not return

You paid £8.99 for 40 paper bags.................??????????
Smaybelline09/01/2020 17:35

You paid £8.99 for 40 paper bags.................??????????

I guess so... is that bad? I have no idea , wife use to do it in past, this was my first time getting this kind of stuff

Yeah my wife use to stress about making it perfect return gift and pay fortune for them and organise party the best one for kids with entertainment, tattoos, baloon Craft. Good food and nibbles for kids. Then she realised all it does it additional stress and lot of money spent.
Don’t even get me going on gifts we get.

This year we have told everyone , no gifts ,and shared the charity details with invite if anyone wants to donate and will have a charity collection box at the venue too and in case we still get any gift they will straight go to charity in mint condition.
God bless our little one who is fully on board with this idea
RealOldMonk09/01/2020 17:50

Yeah my wife use to stress about making it perfect return gift and pay …Yeah my wife use to stress about making it perfect return gift and pay fortune for them and organise party the best one for kids with entertainment, tattoos, baloon Craft. Good food and nibbles for kids. Then she realised all it does it additional stress and lot of money spent.Don’t even get me going on gifts we get.This year we have told everyone , no gifts ,and shared the charity details with invite if anyone wants to donate and will have a charity collection box at the venue too and in case we still get any gift they will straight go to charity in mint condition.God bless our little one who is fully on board with this idea

That's a lovely idea. We also make sure our presents for the birthday child are really thoughtful and not to be ungrateful but what we get back is not thought out and you can tell it's a last minute trip on the way to the party. 2020 is to stop stressing and putting so much effort into things that don't matter! x
Thank you to everyone for your help, I am sorted with the party bags now! Will probably refer back to this thread next year!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions