Found 10th Apr 2010
Ok... it's my mothers 85th party and I have to organise the "games".
Our family parties are usually a good laugh, lots of games and family banter.
Lots of our family traditional games are usually played... hat game (very funny).. usually a game requiring velcrose and throwing things that stick to it... and some sort of golf/hoop throwing game.... quizes etc...
My problem is that we are having this one at my sisters and there will be 18 of us and the space is more confined.. not a big room. We probably have a wii available.
Need games that produce a winner... as we have prizes aswell.
Looking for inspiration fellow HUKD'ers.
Age range will be 16 - 85...

Any help appreciated.

13 Comments

Egg and spoon race.

Apple in a large bowl of water. Only pick apple up with mouth....... fun game for any age!!!......

Musical spoons

That one where you have to make groups with the right number in and if you don't you're out.

Wrap your partner up as a mummy with toilet rolls

Belly dancing comp

Original Poster

chesso;8329410

Musical spoonsThat one where you have to make groups with the right … Musical spoonsThat one where you have to make groups with the right number in and if you don't you're out.Wrap your partner up as a mummy with toilet rollsBelly dancing comp

Thanks Chesso for your efforts... what's the musical spoons one? Does it involve bending over?

jonb2412;8329463

Thanks Chesso for your efforts... what's the musical spoons one? Does it … Thanks Chesso for your efforts... what's the musical spoons one? Does it involve bending over?

Oh is it a spoof thread??

Should I have said stuff like 'Grasp the Nettle' or 'Knobbly Privates comp'??

Just in case, the musical spoons is like Musical Chairs but with spoons - all in a circle circling whilst the music plays and then get a spoon form the middle. Could be on a table to avoid bending I guess!!

Original Poster

chesso;8329556

Oh is it a spoof thread??Should I have said stuff like 'Grasp the Nettle' … Oh is it a spoof thread??Should I have said stuff like 'Grasp the Nettle' or 'Knobbly Privates comp'??Just in case, the musical spoons is like Musical Chairs but with spoons - all in a circle circling whilst the music plays and then get a spoon form the middle. Could be on a table to avoid bending I guess!!

Not a spoof thread... really need some ideas..... mums 85... I am the youngest "child" at 46... there will be grandchildren there aged between 16 and 30.... but we can't let them win...!!

jonb2412;8329593

Not a spoof thread... really need some ideas..... mums 85... I am the … Not a spoof thread... really need some ideas..... mums 85... I am the youngest "child" at 46... there will be grandchildren there aged between 16 and 30.... but we can't let them win...!!

Got to be 'ID the singers on the 50/60's songs then'.:thumbsup: after the non-stop Beach Boys music then you have the cocktail sausages and cheese & pineapple on cocktail sticks. Give them sandwiches cut into triangles and their minds will literally give up. ;-)

Original Poster

chesso;8329633

Got to be 'ID the singers on the 50/60's songs then'.:thumbsup: after the … Got to be 'ID the singers on the 50/60's songs then'.:thumbsup: after the non-stop Beach Boys music then you have the cocktail sausages and cheese & pineapple on cocktail sticks. Give them sandwiches cut into triangles and their minds will literally give up. ;-)

Sister does the buffet... quite posh really... homemade chicken liver and Brandy Pate, homemade goats cheese and caramalised onion Quiche... etc... no sandwiches thank you.

jonb2412;8329654

Sister does the buffet... quite posh really... homemade chicken liver and … Sister does the buffet... quite posh really... homemade chicken liver and Brandy Pate, homemade goats cheese and caramalised onion Quiche... etc... no sandwiches thank you.

I meant to destroy the will to win of the under 30's. Keep up!!
(I wouldn't have any of that Paté!!)

If you want something REALLY stupid, here's one that did the family proud for a couple of Christmas gatherings

Nip down to your local charity shop and do a deal on a bag of outlandish clothes - stretchy crimplene dresses, outsize foundation garments, silly hats etc. Stick it all into a big box or bag and either pass round the box/bag or something suitable whilst the music plays. Unlucky victims have to rummage in the bag without looking ant put on whatever they get out.

Sort of a cross between Russian Roulette and Pass the Parcel

I still have nightmares over by brother-in-law (50 at the time and 19 stone) just able to sit down after putting on a stupidly tight (but incredibly stretchy ) bright green dress.

Original Poster

chesso;8329680

I meant to destroy the will to win of the under 30's. Keep up!!(I … I meant to destroy the will to win of the under 30's. Keep up!!(I wouldn't have any of that Paté!!)

Oh.. now I see... thanks will point them in the direction of the pork pies.... the pate, by the way, is fantastic... best pate i have ever had... sis is a good cook.

Eating chocolate with a knife and fork... Like pass the parcel but when the music stops you have to out on mittens, hat and scarf then using a knife and fork cut a large bar of chocolate with knife and fork.... Not as easy as it sounds!

apple bobbing but after getting the apple and before drying your face, get a coin with you teeth from a mound of flour.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would35145
    2. UBER can be a waste of money1223
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769252
    4. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)94190

See more discussions