Pass my parcel return to Amazon

Found 15th Jun
I have a bulky return to Amazon and sending it via pass my parcel. On the help chat I asked if I can have the parcel collected from my location (my home). They said no problem.

I wondered if they were just telling me anything to keep me sweet. Or will I have to go to my nearest pass my parcel location to drop off my parcel. They are supposed to be collecting my parcel today.

Has anyone else been offered this choice when returning to Amazon?
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
In the past amazon could only offer me pass my parcel to return an item (it was the only printable label they could give me). It's a bit of an inconvenience using them so they said use any courier and we will refund you for your postage.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 15th Jun
They said the same to me. I checked the price on Royal Mail and it was roughly £20.
I think the home collection is done by Hermes.
If that's what they've arranged, they (Hermes) should arrive unannounced (they're supposed to contact you to tell you when the collection is taken place, but don't), the next working day.

My advice would be to wait for the collection the next working day (if that's possible).
When they fail to collect it. Contact Amazon and say you've waited in all day for it to be collected and you'd like compensation.
The maximum they usually give is £5 gift card credit or 1 month of Prime.

For Pass my Parcel drop off, I usually just take my Smartphone and the shop scans the return email's QR code, then you get a receipt.
Just got off Amazon chat and despite the other agent promising collection of my item it isn't actually eligible for collection!

Looks like I will have to lug my item to my 'nearest' location now. Really would have preferred a Royal Mail prepaid label
dilatedpupils1 h, 29 m ago

Just got off Amazon chat and despite the other agent promising collection …Just got off Amazon chat and despite the other agent promising collection of my item it isn't actually eligible for collection!Looks like I will have to lug my item to my 'nearest' location now. Really would have preferred a Royal Mail prepaid label

I'd contact them again via the Contact Us - Email and ask again for a Royal Mail label.
Mentioning it more convenient for yourself.
It's worth a try.
Usually collection is done via DPD. But since that option isn't available, Amazon will offer to refund return postage from any courier if you push them
Only downside with pay&claim returns is the sender (customer) is responsible for any delivery issues, but when Amazon supplies a label it is Amazon that would be responsible for any delivery problems.
I've have pass my parcel which was no problem and Hermes collection,again no problem.
Go into your account and cancel the return and do it yourself, doubt you will get a pick up location as I haven’t seen that for a long time. Normally the awful at least round our way pass the parcel, Royal Mail or locker return. As has been said try the contact by email, it’s been greyed out this week fir me and ask them to come and collect it if they say no ask if you can pay for a return and they reimburse you, they often agree.
Thanks for the replies. I just decided to drop off parcel at my local PMP shop. Now to play the waiting game for my refund...
dilatedpupils8 m ago

Thanks for the replies. I just decided to drop off parcel at my local PMP …Thanks for the replies. I just decided to drop off parcel at my local PMP shop. Now to play the waiting game for my refund...

Ask them on chat and they might be able to issue an advance refund now it's scanned through the system.
dilatedpupils26 m ago

Thanks for the replies. I just decided to drop off parcel at my local PMP …Thanks for the replies. I just decided to drop off parcel at my local PMP shop. Now to play the waiting game for my refund...

My Amazon refunds are processed immediately any online tracking shows confirmation that the return location or courier has received the package - this can be days before the tracking shows it has been delivered to Amazon's returns hub.
AndyRoyd1 h, 39 m ago

My Amazon refunds are processed immediately any online tracking shows …My Amazon refunds are processed immediately any online tracking shows confirmation that the return location or courier has received the package - this can be days before the tracking shows it has been delivered to Amazon's returns hub.

Agree with that it’s not often you don’t get an immediate refund.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants