Passed my car test! Anyone done Pass Plus?

Found 24th Sep 2008
Hey all,

Passed my car test on Monday woo! :-D

I was thinking about doing the pass plus but am not sure if it is worth it. Has anyone done it?

I've already got experience in all the siutations that they cover as i've had a motorbike license for 7 years as it is. Just wondering if the discounts etc you get offset well against the £150 cost of the course?

thanks

Dean

1. Misc
  2. Car
  3. Plus
15 Comments

Congratulations!

I think they are worth paying for just for the reduction in the insurance if you have the time to do it.

Some local councils will also pay towards the cost of your course (]link).

Well done, my wife did it and got a free years no claim I think. I don't remember her paying that much for her pass plus though.

Yup, i've done it, piece of wee!

congratulations i thought it was a waste of time

Original Poster

Russ2626;3040103

Congratulations!I think they are worth paying for just for the reduction … Congratulations!I think they are worth paying for just for the reduction in the insurance if you have the time to do it.Some local councils will also pay towards the cost of your course (]link).

Typical! Surrey aren't on the list. thanks anyway

it's good to get good experiance on M roads etc, moving lanes properly, and how to drive round the countryside safely.

Should be part of the normal test imo.

Original Poster

Lulu'sMammy;3040146

Yup, i've done it, piece of wee!

As in it was easy or it was rubbish? Or both lol

you just get money off you insurance I think, but its not a legal requirement if you dont want to do it

congrats

My niece took it and was quoted huge discounts on her insurance but only if she paid in full for the year (she's under 18). Our local council paid her back 65% of the cost of the pass plus though.

just wnated to say congratulations ,,,

Russ2626;3040103

Congratulations!I think they are worth paying for just for the reduction … Congratulations!I think they are worth paying for just for the reduction in the insurance if you have the time to do it.Some local councils will also pay towards the cost of your course (]link).

brilliant information thank you:thumbsup:

I know a friend who did it but the only insurance companies that offered a discount were more expensive to begin with, so she didnt save any money. I would say it would be a good thing to do tho for experience etc.
This may well of changed now but its worth checking with some insurance companies first.
Congratulations!!!!!!

Congratulations Dean.

Toot Toot said the toad

Original Poster

Thanks for the congrats everyone, i was chuffed as the lesson on the sat and sun before were awful lol

It would seem that the quotes i have done with an option to select pass plus don't offer much in the way of discount, but i'll see
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3068
    2. Free sweet Sunday’s code22
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769365
    4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1951380

See more discussions