Groups

passive smoking and drugs question

if you sit next to someone whos smoking dope can inhaling the smoke affect you?

40 Comments

it must do to a degree :thinking:

Oh hi you by the way not seen you for ages ;-)

Banned

errr.. in what way ?

id say yes

affect you in anyway? or affect as in, can you get high as well?

Original Poster

DMERC;7531737

affect you in anyway? or affect as in, can you get high as well?

yeah, i guess obviously not as much as the person smoking it though :thumbsup:

google blowback:whistling:

Of course. If you're sat next to them, or even in the same room, you'll be inhaling a lot of that smoke yourself. It might not be enough to get you smashed but it will certainly get in your bloodstream.

barky;7531749

google blowback:whistling:

then google the munchies :-D

glam-R;7531731

id say yes

yep aswell

Cheap night:thumbsup: out

wouldnt really affect you trust me i couldnt see my mates back in the day for smoke

Yes of course.
    Passive smoking is almost as dangerous as smoking itself.
    Ever seen the colours of furniture of rooms where people smoke a lot?

Original Poster

hmmmm i ask as i was at a mates on friday night and a couple of the lasses were smoking it. i dont do it so didnt have any. i was drinking but didnt drink any more than i normally do yet i cant even remember some of the night and i always remember what ive done when ive had a drink.

Banned

donnaraine;7531787

hmmmm i ask as i was at a mates on friday night and a couple of the … hmmmm i ask as i was at a mates on friday night and a couple of the lasses were smoking it. i dont do it so didnt have any. i was drinking but didnt drink any more than i normally do yet i cant even remember some of the night and i always remember what ive done when ive had a drink.

that was due to the Alco pops you consumed :thumbsup:

Original Poster

dog_cop;7531796

that was due to the Alco pops you consumed :thumbsup:

no alcopops! just wine and vodka :thumbsup:

donnaraine;7531743

yeah, i guess obviously not as much as the person smoking it though … yeah, i guess obviously not as much as the person smoking it though :thumbsup:

lock yourself in a tent with someone smoking... youl be as happy as the person smoking

donnaraine;7531787

hmmmm i ask as i was at a mates on friday night and a couple of the … hmmmm i ask as i was at a mates on friday night and a couple of the lasses were smoking it. i dont do it so didnt have any. i was drinking but didnt drink any more than i normally do yet i cant even remember some of the night and i always remember what ive done when ive had a drink.

everyone's tolerances are different and i would think it did effect you

Banned

donnaraine;7531817

there you go then.. Lilly lightweight:thumbsup:

Original Poster

renown;7531821

its the only thing i can think of. not doing it myself i would imagine my tolerances are very low

renown;7531821

passive smoking aint gonna give you instant memory loss

...and wine and vodka? no wonder you didnt remember the night, thats a brutal combination

Original Poster

dog_cop;7531836

there you go then.. Lilly lightweight:thumbsup:

haha i wish! would be a cheap night. what im saying is i can normally drink alot more than that and still remember everything. i was even acting a bit out of character according to one girl.

Banned

donnaraine;7531817

Lol you had wine and vodka and your worried about passive smoking :w00t:

Original Poster

DMERC;7531863

...and wine and vodka? no wonder you didnt remember the night, thats a … ...and wine and vodka? no wonder you didnt remember the night, thats a brutal combination

is it? i always drink them together. i thought it was proven that mixing drinks didnt affect you and it was all psychological

Banned

donnaraine;7531878

is it? i always drink them together. i thought it was proven that mixing … is it? i always drink them together. i thought it was proven that mixing drinks didnt affect you and it was all psychological

Oh no *hand on face*

donnaraine;7531865

haha i wish! would be a cheap night. what im saying is i can normally … haha i wish! would be a cheap night. what im saying is i can normally drink alot more than that and still remember everything. i was even acting a bit out of character according to one girl.

donnaraine;7531878

is it? i always drink them together. i thought it was proven that mixing … is it? i always drink them together. i thought it was proven that mixing drinks didnt affect you and it was all psychological

]http//ww…oq=

http://hkham.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/hm36drugs-are-bad-posters.jpg

Original Poster

DMERC;7531900

]http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&rls=ig&q=define%3A+rohypnol&btnG=Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=

errr no there was no rohypnol involved

When I was pregnant I sat next to a guy and didn't realise what he ws smoking but it smelt foul, I came over all dizzy and had to go outside, pretty sure it was his pooey fag, you must inhale some of it.

Banned

all depends on if they are smoking it with tobacco....."dope" is not harmful in fact quite the opposite it contains anti cancer agents;)

I was wondering this recently but with ciggies not dope.....I work in somebodies home who smokes and I was suffering from a sore throat and wondered if that was y and ho bad it really is. I mean, he can't be smoking that much when I'm there, I can't be sure tho as he's in the other room:?
    Any ideas??

hannah19790;7532147

I was wondering this recently but with ciggies not dope.....I work in … I was wondering this recently but with ciggies not dope.....I work in somebodies home who smokes and I was suffering from a sore throat and wondered if that was y and ho bad it really is. I mean, he can't be smoking that much when I'm there, I can't be sure tho as he's in the other room:? Any ideas??

definatly... you notice it more now since the smoking ban, because your not used to it on a daily basis.

Banned

I can't stay in the same room as anyone smoking it irritates my asthma.

people on the top floor in my uni halls used to smoke it all the time.....I had a friend up there and it mde me feel dizzy and had some affect on me whenever I went up there......but they did it in a smallish room, usually quite a few smoking it so I guess it would have been kinda intense....couldnt it be seen as like when people smoke it from a bong thing? :? dunno what im talking about really but dont they ust inhale the smoke, therefore isnt it the same (but more diluted) as secondary smoking it?

DMERC;7531847

passive smoking aint gonna give you instant memory loss

I did not say it would :?

DMERC;7532189

definatly... you notice it more now since the smoking ban, because your … definatly... you notice it more now since the smoking ban, because your not used to it on a daily basis.

Yh, I notice it sooo much.....my clothes stink for starters. I'm an ex-smoker too so notice it even more lol

hannah19790;7532339

Yh, I notice it sooo much.....my clothes stink for starters. I'm an … Yh, I notice it sooo much.....my clothes stink for starters. I'm an ex-smoker too so notice it even more lol

there you go then, your throat and lungs were probably thinking "oh f***ing hell, dont start that again"

DMERC;7532401

there you go then, your throat and lungs were probably thinking "oh … there you go then, your throat and lungs were probably thinking "oh f***ing hell, dont start that again"

Yh, reckon ur right.....not a lot I can do about it tho I guess:thinking:

And what about your hair ??? doesn't it stink after going to a smokers??? It lasts all day as well. I also find the surfaces smell and u can smell it on your fingers, ugh.

A lot of the affects of things like this are psychological or taken out of context, I am a non smoker and notice this and I have quite a strong sense of smell(prob due to my aspergers) I can smell when my flatmate smokes cigarettes but thats because he smokes herbal stuff legal highs sort of thing but normally its not too easy to smell unless they are smoking next to me or a heavy smoker.

I do find it strange people talking about how they go to smokers houses and the place stinks of it or there is a noticable discolouration because to me it all looks the same, sure I have been to pubs and the walls dont look pure white but that is also due to them not getting painted in years same for student digs etc.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One for the mathmeticians79
      2. The HDUK home for Star Trek: Discovery1218
      3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671414
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424614496

See more discussions