Groups

passport

Banned
    do i need a passport to travel to dublin from liverpool airport? ive lost the bloody thing :@

15 Comments

yea you do - its only internal uk flights that u dont need a passport for.you can get the boat without a passport tho...

can you contact the airline - we ar ein the Isle of Man and can travel to the UK or Belfast with a driving license - but am pretty sure we need passports to go to Dublin

Original Poster Banned

balls, will check when i book the flight, cheers for the replies guys

i'm sure flybe said picture id only for dublin, best to phone the airline

I've flew from Birmingham to Dublin with just a driving licence for ID, I couldn't check in online as I couldn't find my passport. Check with the airline.

I travel to Dublin from Liverpool frequently and yes, you do need a passport. ID cards are not accepted by Ryan Air. You'll see this when you try to check in online.

You don't legally need a passport - just valid photo ID. However, as ppl have said most airlines - like Ryanair - will not take photo drivers licence and as the national ID card never got off the ground ...

They take a lot of European identity cards if you are continental.

Banned

alternate

You don't legally need a passport - just valid photo ID. However, as ppl … You don't legally need a passport - just valid photo ID. However, as ppl have said most airlines - like Ryanair - will not take photo drivers licence and as the national ID card never got off the ground ...They take a lot of European identity cards if you are continental.

source for this misinformation?

why do people fork out £80+ for a passport to travel abroad when you say legally you dont need one lol

csiman

source for this misinformation?why do people fork out £80+ for a passport … source for this misinformation?why do people fork out £80+ for a passport to travel abroad when you say legally you dont need one lol

His information is correct.
    Can you can find where it states on any government website that a passport is legally required?

Banned

thesaint

[quote=csiman] Community legislation provides that every Union citizen … [quote=csiman] Community legislation provides that every Union citizen has the right to enter any EU Member State with a valid identity card or passport[1]. http://ec.europa.eu/youreurope/nav/en/citizens/travelling/entry-procedures/for-union-citizens/index_en.htmlAlso:-Passport validityYou need a passport or a National Identity Card (see the website of the Identity and Passports Service (IPS)) to enter the Netherlands. All British passport holders require a valid passport to enter the Netherlands.http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/travel-advice-by-country/europe/netherlands?ta=entryRequirements&pg=4Same rule applies on all EU member states as the UK does not have a recognised identity card systemHis information is correct.Can you can find where it states on any government website that a passport is legally required?

Banned

yes, having re-read alternates post, he is technically correct but UK citizens do need a passport to travel around the EU. See that mess of a post above (thanks to the new improved quote system)!

Original Poster Banned

so i defo do need a passport yeh?

csiman

yes, having re-read alternates post, he is technically correct but UK … yes, having re-read alternates post, he is technically correct but UK citizens do need a passport to travel around the EU. See that mess of a post above (thanks to the new improved quote system)!

The OP is talking about Ireland. Ireland and the UK are in a Common Travel Area and you don't need a passport. Some airlines like Ryan Air will only take a passport or National ID card to let you get on the plane but that is company policy not law.

As to the rest of the EU - you need a form of national identity ID. For the UK that is basically a passport as drivers licence isn't classed. You could have a national ID from another european country if you ever lived there though.

usniff

so i defo do need a passport yeh?

Depends on the airline. Ryanair - passport only. Not sure of others.

no you dont!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …258867
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?35229
      3. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2850
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416714127

See more discussions