Groups

Passport - Advice

Im going to Dubai on 8th April for a week and just noticed my passport expires on the 9th July, will this cause any problems

14 Comments

I think it needs to be valid for around 6 months for Dubai, so you might just be on the wrong side... call the embassy to confirm though.

If I were you I'd get a new passport quickly before you travel, not worth risking being refused entry.

many countries now require 6 months left-you can make an appointment at your local passport office to have it renewed immedaitely(they charge you extra for this)-if you send it in to be renewed you dont need any documents or countersignatorys to renew but will take about 3 weeks to get it back.

Original Poster

Looks like a trip to Liverpool office then :-(

Banned

dont chance it. who wants to end up in an arab prison.
    its well worth spending a few quid to get it renewed. be careful, being drunk on the streets is a crime

Original Poster

paulsmithmed0;4406133

dont chance it. who wants to end up in an arab prison.its well worth … dont chance it. who wants to end up in an arab prison.its well worth spending a few quid to get it renewed. be careful, being drunk on the streets is a crime

and making love on the beach !!!

I have renewed several passports in the last few months and relatives too, none of us paid extra and all back within two weeks, bite the bullet fill out the form and send it this week, you'll be fine....promise!

Definately get it renewed ASAP BEFORE you travel

what's the point of the passport having an expiry date on it if it needs to have 6 months left to travel?

Seems stupid to me.

Going by what others have said, I would get it renewed now.

Very quick turnaround at this time of year.

Banned

paulsmithmed0;4406133

being drunk on the streets is a crime

Serious?

Banned

rashriaz;4406186

and making love on the beach !!!

Serious?

Banned

yep. no getting drunk and seeing to the mrs under the stars ;-) stupid laws if you ask me, most of the hotels sell dirt cheap alcohol or give it away free, then as soon as you leave the hotel you risk getting arrested.

ChipSticks;4406560

what's the point of the passport having an expiry date on it if it needs … what's the point of the passport having an expiry date on it if it needs to have 6 months left to travel?Seems stupid to me.Going by what others have said, I would get it renewed now.

nobody other than the americans used to be bothered about it-I can remember coming back from spain on hols the day before my expiry date. since 9/11 tho nearly everyone now insists on 6 months clear-dont really understand how that acts as a security measure tbh.

i have just had the same problem or thought i had, i flew out on the 4/03/09 and returned on the 09/03/09 (mine expiered on the 05.09.09). I contacted the UAE embassy the passport office then made an appointment at liverpool before contacting the airline who assured me the you only need a valid 3 MONTHS from your return date, hope this helps
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?31134
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?34221
      3. Your dream gaming set up?56
      4. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …116266

See more discussions