Passport Application Form , Can it be Folded ?

Found 16th May 2016
Hi, I want to renew 2 passports and I have done it all online and printed it out but I do not have at hand an A4 envelope so my question is can i send it in a smaller envelope and fold the application forms in half ?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments

That's fine, have always folded ours, when you used to get the forms from the post office they would give you a c5 envelope to post them back in. Just make sure any photos don't get caught in the fold oO

Hello
If you get them from the post office they are folded so must be ok

zahoor

HelloIf you get them from the post office they are folded so must be ok

​^^^ This they come folded from the post office

Original Poster

Thanks guys for the answers.

Only up to seven times, yes.

I renewed one a few days ago and read somewhere it can be folded but only once.

Original Poster

buttonpushervic

I renewed one a few days ago and read somewhere it can be folded but only … I renewed one a few days ago and read somewhere it can be folded but only once.

My google search told me this as well but i thought i would ask here as well

Do you recommend that the form and old passport are sent by special delivery or is it just not necessary?

What are you supposed to do with the photos since they need 2 and they are in a block of 6 from a photo booth.
Cut them up individually? Leave the 2 together in a strip?

Original Poster

trott3r

Do you recommend that the form and old passport are sent by special … Do you recommend that the form and old passport are sent by special delivery or is it just not necessary?What are you supposed to do with the photos since they need 2 and they are in a block of 6 from a photo booth.Cut them up individually? Leave the 2 together in a strip?

I would do it special delivery and just leave the 2 photos (cut up) loose in envelope.

thanks taiko

Original Poster

BTW to clarify the reason for special delivery is that royal mail looks after it better ie track it all the way from the post office to destination and you can probably get more compensation if it gets lost.

yes
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions