passport office same day service

here is the first lines from the direct.gov.uk website headed ''Urgent passport applications'' ;-To get your passport within two weeks, you will need to apply in person at one of IPSs Regional Passport Offices. You can use:

* the Fast Track one-week service
* the Premium one-day service

Sounds ok

here is the text 6 lines later ;- Making appointments to visit in person
Demand for appointments in all IPS regions is usually very high. You should therefore allow up to two weeks for your appointment date. You cannot book appointments more than two weeks in advance.

here is the link to the site ;- direct.gov.uk/en/…149

So there we are typical government double talk
To sum up - If you need your passport within two weeks you may have to wait two weeks for the appointment to apply.

6 Comments

When i go up town i often see the poor sods lining up round the Passport Office to get theirs in the rain whilst being crapped on by pigeons. :giggle:

To be fair, I have known a number of people need to use this facility, they have all had next day appointments and been extremely pleased with the way they were treated. Mind you the price is a bit steep.

Original Poster

it was just the way it was worded

If you go to their offices and cry your eyes out they will give you a passport same day - I have had to do this - TWICE! :w00t: :giggle:

Mrs.Z;6885887

If you go to their offices and cry your eyes out they will give you a … If you go to their offices and cry your eyes out they will give you a passport same day - I have had to do this - TWICE! :w00t: :giggle:

Have known friends do this too.... incredibly daft!! ;-)

ClarityofMind;6885902

Have known friends do this too.... incredibly daft!! ;-)

Yep, that's me :oops:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. GOT Leaks again715
    2. How much would you pay for this chair?1517
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764096
    4. How dangerous is Donald trump?68

See more discussions