Passport photo submission on line

Found 31st Jan
I took a photo of my husband for his passport renewal on line with my samsung phone. However it has been rejected and the reason given is that the lighting is poor.

I took the photo during the day in the house, with the lights on but it would appear that the lighting is still not good enough for the passport renewal.

Anyone got their photo accepted which they took themselves and can advise me how I can get better lighting for the photo?

I don't know if taking the photo outdoors may help? Or perhaps I should take the photo under fluorescent lighting instead of the standard bulb lighting?
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
16 Comments
My experience has been that it doesn't mater how crappy a photo is from a photo booth, they will accept it, but as soon as you send a photo which has quite clearly been taken by a profession or a friend they pick holes in everything.
What was the background?
Try taking it with a white wall (or even sheet) as the background
Original Poster
joedastudd29 m ago

What was the background?Try taking it with a white wall (or even sheet) as …What was the background?Try taking it with a white wall (or even sheet) as the background

the background is plain wall paper in magnolia. i could try the white wall background with fluorescent lighting as that will probably help.
joedastudd44 m ago

What was the background?Try taking it with a white wall (or even sheet) as …What was the background?Try taking it with a white wall (or even sheet) as the background

I took mine with a white sheet in the background for a visa and that was accepted
If it's been rejected once I wouldn't be looking at trying again myself.
You could get one done in a photo booth and scan it. They accepted a scanned photo online for my mother in law's passport.
Our local Tesco has a photo booth and you have the option of having either the prints or having the file emailed to you, all you do is enter your email address and it's emailed immediately!
Did mine and Mrs Skaman's in the conservatory during the day against a white sheet accepted them both no problem.
Try putting it into this site first and using a copy from that.

idphoto4you.com/
I would say just get the thing done properly. It's once every 10 years. Who can be bothered faffing around with this. I got 6 passport pics for £5
Edited by: "OllieSt" 31st Jan
mutley14 h, 50 m ago

the background is plain wall paper in magnolia. i could try the white …the background is plain wall paper in magnolia. i could try the white wall background with fluorescent lighting as that will probably help.

May get a green tinge under fluorescent
mutley114 h, 11 m ago

the background is plain wall paper in magnolia. i could try the white …the background is plain wall paper in magnolia. i could try the white wall background with fluorescent lighting as that will probably help.

Mine was magnolia too. I took mine in the evening with a light on. I wasn't expecting it to be approved but it was lol
I've not had trouble before (it was actually a selfie) but daylight is more natural, you need to use a photo editor to correct the colour for a florescent light.

But the best way is to have a white background and them facing the natural light, problem is if you are in front of them you tend to block the light...
Stand behind a door, that worked for me.
Now i tell everyone i took the passport picture because it makes me well proud hehehe
Original Poster
Thanks for all your inputs guys. It has really helped.

I took another photo in natural sunlight as you guys have commented rather than room lighting and I also lightened the photo a little bit to make it lighter.

It has now been accepted so a great result. Well happy
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants