Found 6th Feb 2010
does anyone know if the passport office accepts the ones you print off at home on photo paper and the right size?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
31 Comments

I believe it's OK..

]Link

Yes they do..
Try ..
photomat.eu/
It worked for me..

Original Poster

aardvarking;7767560

I believe it's OK..]Link

great thanks for link i think we have got it sorted then! :thumbsup:

35mm x 25mm on a white background will be fine

i got one rejected the other day because they were home made

Original Poster

thanks guys i went with the guideline 3.5 x 4.5 inches as the machine is not working at our local!

just remember NOT to smile.-if you do they will reject it.

I did my last one myself and used this site to make sure the size was correct.
epassportphoto.com/

Banned

Ive used them in the past, but note they say you cant now (so not worth taking the chance. I just put a row of 3 of me and 3 of my little, on a 6x4 print size and got Tesco to print mine yesterday for 20p. (Got 'em done in less than 5 minutes too!)

Yes, I've done a couple at home - as long as you obey all the instructions, especially the facial dimensions, they are fine.:thumbsup:

Yes, no smiling, not even a glimmer of a grin.

Banned

chesso;7767666

Yes, I've done a couple at home - as long as you obey all the … Yes, I've done a couple at home - as long as you obey all the instructions, especially the facial dimensions, they are fine.:thumbsup:Yes, no smiling, not even a glimmer of a grin.

I found that difficult... especially after Wednesdays result! :w00t:

Gave the application form to my neighbour yesterday to countersign for the littlun - and the silly sod did it in blue ink!

Just had to do mine & my sons, it now has to be on a Grey background not white.

guv;7767686

I found that difficult... especially after Wednesdays result! :w00t:Gave … I found that difficult... especially after Wednesdays result! :w00t:Gave the application form to my neighbour yesterday to countersign for the littlun - and the silly sod did it in blue ink!

:x Not so here (chasm of quality, so actually didn't mind too much!)
Blue ink - utterly unacceptable; off with his head.

lyzzys321;7767691

Just had to do mine & my sons, it now has to be on a Grey background not … Just had to do mine & my sons, it now has to be on a Grey background not white.

Wasn't beige an option as well? ( Can't quite recall, but the last one I did was in December, so they may have tightened the regs even more.)

chesso;7767744

Wasn't beige an option as well? ( Can't quite recall, but the last one I … Wasn't beige an option as well? ( Can't quite recall, but the last one I did was in December, so they may have tightened the regs even more.)

Plain light grey or plain cream.

We've always done our at home previously as I've never had good ones through a photo booth before but now they are digital, you get 3 chances before having to decide which one you want & it was so much easier than messing about making sure everything was as required.

Banned

lyzzys321;7767691

Just had to do mine & my sons, it now has to be on a Grey background not … Just had to do mine & my sons, it now has to be on a Grey background not white.

Yikes! Is that right? I did mine with a white background! I actually photoshoped the background from beige to white!!!

guv;7767833

Yikes! Is that right? I did mine with a white background! I actually … Yikes! Is that right? I did mine with a white background! I actually photoshoped the background from beige to white!!!

Well according to the booklet that comes with the application form it states "plain light grey or plain cream" along with all the other list of requirements

EDIT also says "be professionally printed" so they could easily reject a home printed one

I got my daughters photo done in Snappy Snaps. Took a few minutes, cost £5, but at least then I knew it was done exactly to the official specifications.

As an aside - now's the time to send in your passport application - they're not busy. I posted the forms on a Wednesday, 1st Class Recorded, and received the new passport less than a week later on the Tuesday. Not that's what I call fast!!

Banned

the sedge;7767634

i got one rejected the other day because they were home made

exactly - they are really clamping down now and home made pics are unlikely to pass

Banned

lyzzys321;7767850

Well according to the booklet that comes with the application form it … Well according to the booklet that comes with the application form it states "plain light grey or plain cream" along with all the other list if requirements

Yeh, I wasnt doubting. Just surprised I'd not spotted it and got prints done twice already (the first came out too dark for some reason!), with a white background.

EDIT also says "be professionally printed" so they could easily reject a … EDIT also says "be professionally printed" so they could easily reject a home printed one

Thats exactly why I decided to get the printed rather than ink jetted!

guv;7767891

Yeh, I wasnt doubting. Just surprised I'd not spotted it and got prints … Yeh, I wasnt doubting. Just surprised I'd not spotted it and got prints done twice already (the first came out too dark for some reason!), with a white background.Thats exactly why I decided to get the printed rather than ink jetted!

I'm sure lots of people will not realise it's changed, how many people have actually read the whole booklet, I for one didn't!

Re the photo section, I just looked at the long list of requirements for the photo & thought it looked like too much hassle to do myself, went to the booth & noticed the background colour when it was printed, referred back to the booklet to check, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed.

guv;7767891

Yeh, I wasnt doubting. Just surprised I'd not spotted it and got prints … Yeh, I wasnt doubting. Just surprised I'd not spotted it and got prints done twice already (the first came out too dark for some reason!), with a white background.Thats exactly why I decided to get the printed rather than ink jetted!

Third time lucky.
Photos must show a plain, uniform, light grey or cream background. 5 - 10% grey is recommended as a background.
ips.gov.uk/cps…htm
Good old magnolia paint.

Mine are fine - Canon inkjet and good paper.

shibi din;7767862

I got my daughters photo done in Snappy Snaps. Took a few minutes, cost … I got my daughters photo done in Snappy Snaps. Took a few minutes, cost £5, but at least then I knew it was done exactly to the official specifications.As an aside - now's the time to send in your passport application - they're not busy. I posted the forms on a Wednesday, 1st Class Recorded, and received the new passport less than a week later on the Tuesday. Not that's what I call fast!!

Good going; hope that means you have a sunshine break coming up Shibi.

Someone I know had their's rejected on the facial dimensions which is why I mentioned it ^^
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii78/chesso_photos/passporttemplate.jpg

Hi everyone,

I did my sons last week, and it came back all ok within a week!

I was a bit worried cos I even used Tesco value photo paper as it was all I had!! I basically used photoshop to crop to the right dimensions ie 35:45 and then printed to 35mm x 45mm.

I used a cream throw as a background - found it hid the shadow better - took a whole bunch of pics so I could choose the best one and it was all fine, automatic red eye removal, and as previously mentioned no SMILING!!! - probably cost me no more than 50p!

Hope that helps...

Cheers
James

Banned

chesso;7767988

Third time lucky.Photos must show a plain, uniform, light grey or cream … Third time lucky.Photos must show a plain, uniform, light grey or cream background. 5 - 10% grey is recommended as a background. http://www.ips.gov.uk/cps/rde/xchg/ips_live/hs.xsl/36.htmGood old magnolia paint.

I photoshopped the magnolia paint OUT of the photos!

they didnt accept mine, I think its because I was smiling though

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2347/hukdpassport.jpg

i photoshoped mine and printed out at boots for 38p

guv;7768298

I photoshopped the magnolia paint OUT of the photos!

You can't win them all!!:giggle:

ah, some good info here... subscribed

barky;7767648

just remember NOT to smile.-if you do they will reject it.

is that a new rule ? as im smiling on mine done about 4 years ago.

we do ours at home

It never ceases to amaze me how long things stay on here, what logical reason can there be for a site to hang on to five year old topics, should automatically get deleted after 2 imo
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition69776
    2. Win Google Pixel 2 or a Google Pixel 2 XL11
    3. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…66
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines54

See more discussions