PASSPORT QUESTION - Help needed.

16 replies
Found 22nd Mar 2009
My passport that was issued to me (in 96) when i was the tender age of 16 expired in 2001.

This year i intend to go abroad so obviously need a new one.
My appearance has obviously changed (by 13 years) as has my address etc.

Do i just fill the forms in asking for a new passport (with interview etc) and mention my old passport on the forms?

16 Comments

Original Poster

if anyone can offer advice i would appreciate it, the application pack is not clear whatsoever in what to do when your old passport has expired?

mod

If you still have the old one Jason you will need to send it off with the application. They send it back to you, but it is clipped.

I think it's just classed as a renewal: ips.gov.uk/pas…asp

Could be wrong, but my passport has expired... and I think I have to apply for a new one, and provide my old passport number??

Original Poster

sadiebabes;4705749

I think it's just classed as a renewal: … I think it's just classed as a renewal: http://www.ips.gov.uk/passport/apply-renewing-eligible.asp

dmh77;4705751

Could be wrong, but my passport has expired... and I think I have to … Could be wrong, but my passport has expired... and I think I have to apply for a new one, and provide my old passport number??

see what i mean, its dam confusing

Original Poster

sadiebabes;4705749

I think it's just classed as a renewal: … I think it's just classed as a renewal: http://www.ips.gov.uk/passport/apply-renewing-eligible.asp

just read this and i think it applies, seems my passport was issued befor i hit 16 and was a childs 5 year passport hence it expiring so soon, thanks for the help!!

JasonMason;4705752

see what i mean, its dam confusing

Lol, I'm watching this thread now!!! :whistling:

Banned

dmh77;4705751

Could be wrong, but my passport has expired... and I think I have to … Could be wrong, but my passport has expired... and I think I have to apply for a new one, and provide my old passport number??

Yikes. this reminds me! Mine expires in April this year!

Original Poster

i think i need to renew it with new pics and details of my new address, still costs a lot tho but i think i will end up being issued with a new 10 year one. phew

Banned

JasonMason;4705761

i think i need to renew it with new pics and details of my new address, … i think i need to renew it with new pics and details of my new address, still costs a lot tho but i think i will end up being issued with a new 10 year one. phew

Yeh, they aint cheap now!

guv;4705758

Yikes. this reminds me! Mine expires in April this year!

mine expired in '08

Smilies aint working but..... blergh!!! :whistling:

Looks like sunny wales this year..... yey!? :whistling:

JasonMason;4705761

i think i need to renew it with new pics and details of my new address, … i think i need to renew it with new pics and details of my new address, still costs a lot tho but i think i will end up being issued with a new 10 year one. phew

Yes you will need two pictures of your recent appearence. £72 (in either a cheque, postal order or credit card detail form), your old passport. and then you should get your new 10 year passport

Here is a step-by-step guide to obtaining your first adult passport
]Linkage

Original Poster

DarkKnight;4705772

Yes you will need two pictures of your recent appearence. £72 (in either … Yes you will need two pictures of your recent appearence. £72 (in either a cheque, postal order or credit card detail form), your old passport. and then you should get your new 10 year passportHere is a step-by-step guide to obtaining your first adult passport]Linkage

Thanks mate - repped you all for the assistance!

Original Poster

dmh77;4705770

mine expired in '08 Smilies aint working but..... blergh!!! … mine expired in '08 Smilies aint working but..... blergh!!! :whistling:Looks like sunny wales this year..... yey!? :whistling:

You need a passport to get into wales you know.......

:-D lol

I didnt enclose my sons passport when he renewed his last year as it had expired and passport office phoned me and asked me to send it .

I had an old one, i applied for my first adult passport, sent off my old passport and told them about it.

They sent back my passport and my old passport with a bit cut out.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition59608
    2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions