passport renewal is there a time restriction ? help thanks

Found 13th Sep 2017
hi
is there a time limit to renew uk passports

have they to be renewed within so many weeks months of expiry ??
have tried to search online cannot find in fo

also can you re new online a child's passport to over 16yrs old ?

thanks
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
They usually say 6 months prior to them expiring but they'll add that six months to your new passport once renewed ( that was the case when I did mine last year)
Original Poster
do you know about after they have expired ?? say is it 6 moths or is there restriction ??
aw0816 m ago

do you know about after they have expired ?? say is it 6 moths or is …do you know about after they have expired ?? say is it 6 moths or is there restriction ??

No you just apply again no need for ab interview or anything like that. You just put the passport number in the new application.
Original Poster
thank you was worried if it had been over so many months there would be a problem ?

also my daughter now 17 so this will be first adult passport

can this be done online or is this a paper application from child to adult ??
thanks
aw0825 m ago

do you know about after they have expired ?? say is it 6 moths or is …do you know about after they have expired ?? say is it 6 moths or is there restriction ??

If it helps I renewed mine in July and my previous was almost 3 years out of date. I rang them first to check and they said long as you have your old passport go through the normal renewal process. Actually was rather impressed with the time scales also. Posted on a Saturday, got text on the Tuesday to say it was being processed, on the Friday was told it was processed and on the Monday was delivered. I applied via paper form obviously.
No idea regarding the kids ones.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 13th Sep 2017
Original Poster
thank you that is good to know

i was not going to re new till next summer as we wont need till then

they have only just expired

was hoping to do online but there may be issues with going from child to adult passports ??

thanks
I renewed my sons (aged 16) passport earlier this year from child to adult and you couldn't do it online then, you can use the old online service but this still needs the form printing off and physical passport photos rather than being able to upload your own photos on the new online service.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants