Groups

passport renewal question

My daughter (19yrs old) is renewing her passport, her existing one was a kid's one (5yrs duration). Does she apply for a renewal or a brand new passport. She is telling me that it is a brand new passport because she is using new pictures. I personally think that it is a renewal as none of her details have changed (including address). Of course she looks older on the new pictures but she is still recognisable. Anyone has gone through a renewal lately and could tell me, thank you
    JC

9 Comments

it will be a renewal- had similar thing with my daughter

Renewal

It is a renewal, but it will be new photos.

Dont pay the extra for express service if you were considering it, I renewed mine online, posted the old one last monday and got the new one back yesterday despite them quoting three weeks

Original Poster

Thank you people, I will try the online service

jase.2

Dont pay the extra for express service if you were considering it, I … Dont pay the extra for express service if you were considering it, I renewed mine online, posted the old one last monday and got the new one back yesterday despite them quoting three weeks

Agree. Not worth paying more for the express service. The normal delivery service doesn't take long

Normal delivery service should be fine, however do not delay it. They will be getting busier soon.

on line, piece of cake, took my own photo following the instructions and uploaded it, once they got my old passport it took around a week, great service considering its a government department

She's 19 she must be right!

No your right as per normal
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Why do people scam on Gumtree?33
      2. Anyone tried the Tyrells website for the mini competition?11
      3. A mini break to Edinburgh - recommendations for recommendations/area etc!46
      4. Anything better than allcast?33

See more discussions