Posted 28th Nov 2022 (Posted 21 h, 16 m ago)
Evening everyone,

I've left it a little closer that I'd like as I am suppose to be traveling in January. I just wondered if anyone had done theirs recently and could give me a rough idea how long it took for the new one to arrive.

I'm planning to submit online.

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

Groups

16 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    This time of year I'd expect it to be ok - I know there is a slight burst of applications with people looking for xmas/new year getaways, but nothing like the June /july/august delays
  2. Avatar
    I’ve just done my passport. Applied last Monday online and it arrived today. I spent extra on the pictures to make sure they would be accepted (Tesco as opposed to doing them myself) and paid for 1st class signed for for the old passport. I couldn’t believe it when I received the text message saying it was on its way. The whole process was slick from application to receipt. Good luck!
  3. Avatar
    My partner did their application online and it came within 3 weeks , that was including sending their old passport and documents through the post , this was about 2 months back the wait might be a bit longer now
  4. Avatar
    A while back when we did ours, earlier this year,, all arrived within 3 weeks, an error on my sons(at there end) over 10 weeks, they used to have a turnaround time on the website, maybe worth checking out
  5. Avatar
    Got mine within the week a couple of months ago
  6. Avatar
    Mine took around 3 weeks and had to send my foreign passport too halfway through. Lot of back and forth for mine for some reason.
  7. Avatar
    My husband did his online 2 weeks ago and the new one arrived in less than a week. He used a photo booth in a supermarket nd sent his photo by digital code.
  8. Avatar
    1 week from receiving old passport 2 weeks total renewed mine a month ago
  9. Avatar
    Don't forget there's mail strikes coming up
  10. Avatar
    Author
    Thanks everyone for your quick replies!

I'm going to get it sorted this week then and hope for the best
  11. Avatar
    Author
    Oh wow, that's much quicker than expected! Thanks again
  12. Avatar
    I recently paid almost double for a few 7 day passports in September and drove 200 mile round trip to get passports because a friend's had took 3 months when sent off in June.
    My daughter did hers normally online the week before I drove there and had hers back the day after we got ours ( under 2 weeks ) guess i wasted a lot of money
  13. Avatar
    Mine took 10 days here 3 weeks ago. Used the online application and sent a photo taken on my phone. Paid for just the basic service.
  14. Avatar
    Mine took 2 weeks and so did sons applied last month.
  15. Avatar
    15 days in August when there was an apparent delay.

Photo was a selfie on my phone too.
  16. Avatar
    Applied for my renewal three weeks ago on a Tues. Used Max Spielman photo booth. Sent old one first class Weds and new one arrived on the Tuesday - so was surprised it only took a week. (edited)
Top Merchants