Found 9th May 2011
Wondering if anyone out there can give me some advice. I had a bit of a Eureka moment early today, and wondered why a certain product didn't exist. I checked on google (with the best keywords I could find) and there were only 3 links that referred to my product idea. Now these linked were all written from the same person asking for someone techie to do some free lance designing our same idea, and I couldn't see any replies from to his ads.

I spoke to a friend today who is into this sort of stuff, and he said he would be able to create what I am after. However I now want to check to see whether this idea has been patented already before I go any further. Does anyone know how you go about doing this?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
23 Comments

WHAT IS IT AND I WILL TELL YOU HOW(_;)

Lol, can you remember somebody asking for a name for their company on here....and when they went to do a web site for it, someone from the thread on here had used it. LMAO! OP, don't say a word!

is it cat flavoured dog food?

jamstaruk1972

Reminds me of the weekend, when i caught my little one giving the chickens, chicken nuggets

jamstaruk1972

Voted hot

Original Poster

lol at all of the above, can't say yet, but tbh I don't think it'll be a real money spinner lol. I just wanted to know if I could check out whether a patent already exists before I spend any more time thinking about it.

Lulu'sMammy

Reminds me of the weekend, when i caught my little one giving the … Reminds me of the weekend, when i caught my little one giving the chickens, chicken nuggets

Reminds of the day I went to a farm with my little one and some fella was feeding the pigs pork scratchings.

Original Poster

Searching through patents as we speak, it'll take me a decade to find out if it already exists

Banned

From experience i can tell you the fleshlight already exists, oh wait, its not what it looks

Banned

You need to look for the "prior art" to work out whether what you have is new and worth patenting or patentable.

i`l let you know where i stand........."im ooooot!!!!!"

so when you gna tell us what your idea is? im sure youl know from here whether itl be worthwhile persuing or not. lol

Original Poster

I think the idea has many flaws, gonna check it out with the legal team at work tomorrow. I still hink it wil be if use to people though. I'll let you know what the outcome is after speaking to the legal peeps

The spork has already been invented my friend.

allsa001

I think the idea has many flaws, gonna check it out with the legal team … I think the idea has many flaws, gonna check it out with the legal team at work tomorrow. I still hink it wil be if use to people though. I'll let you know what the outcome is after speaking to the legal peeps

Check your employment contract first. Anything "invented" during the course of your employment may belong to your employer. The fact you are discussing something with the legal department in office hours may not be in your favour if a claim was made on the invention at a later date.

BFN,

fp.

You've already told someone your idea so it's not technically patentable

Original Poster

Starr - my manager bought a spork the other day, i found it very amusing when she came back from lunch all excited about it.

fanpages - good point I shall do it over lunch

DragonChris - I shall work around that, the problem being is he is a lot brighter than me, and pointed out the legal issues I mentioned.

I have no worries if this doesn't work out, I knew it was never going to make alot of money, just seems a simple solution to a every day problem.

Can I just say thank you too everyone that has posted, I really appreciate your advice.

Lulu'sMammy

Reminds me of the weekend, when i caught my little one giving the … Reminds me of the weekend, when i caught my little one giving the chickens, chicken nuggets

hehe, chickens are cannabals, they used to quite happily eat chicken flavoured catfood and chicken stew outta the cats bowl

Original Poster

it always makes me feel a littl sick when I see pigeons chomping away at left over fried chicken bones in the morning.

Banned

OP clear your temporary internet files, before i get my appetite back from hacking the sony psn

allsa001

I think the idea has many flaws, gonna check it out with the legal team … I think the idea has many flaws, gonna check it out with the legal team at work tomorrow. I still hink it wil be if use to people though. I'll let you know what the outcome is after speaking to the legal peeps

fanpages

Check your employment contract first. Anything "invented" during the … Check your employment contract first. Anything "invented" during the course of your employment may belong to your employer. The fact you are discussing something with the legal department in office hours may not be in your favour if a claim was made on the invention at a later date.

allsa001

fanpages - good point I shall do it over lunch

However, if you approach a member of the legal department at their desk it could still be seen as they are engaged in business activities on behalf of their (& your) employer.

You may also find that all conversations are logged for audit purposes & once the content of the discussion is on file it becomes your employer's property.

If you are friendly with any of the team try & catch them outside of the building (& out of hearing of any passer-by, of course).

BFN,

fp.

Banned

DragonChris

You've already told someone your idea so it's not technically patentable … You've already told someone your idea so it's not technically patentable

Wrong....in the real world ideas need discussing with all sorts of people before investing in patent protection.

OP....you need to draw up a confidentiality agreement for people to sign before you disclose your idea to them.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition74830
    2. Win free gin for a year99
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines65
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk33

See more discussions