Patio magic cleaner

Posted 20th Jul
Hi looking at cleaning my block paving normally just jet wash it after using a a wire brush between the bricks to get rid of moss and weeds.

Has anybody used patio magic and what was the results like.

Would using patio magic first and then jet washing after a week before resanding and sealing be the best way.
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Hi, I use it once a year to get rid of the algae and it works for me (off fence panels as well).
However, I'm not sure its designed to get rid of the weeds as you have described.
I'd put weedkiller down a week or so before. When they are brown the weeds will come out much more easily so less chance of damaging your cement with the jetwash
wet and forget. not instantaneous but long lasting. simply apply bi-annually
Use BAC50 for about a tenth of the price of Patio Magic - look at the active ingredients on the label. Seach the web for suppliers.
So, wait for consecutive sunny days.

1. Use a Pressure washer to shoot away all moss/weeds. Aim at the bricks/paving instead of the joints.
--Wait a day for drying ----
2. Brush in Kiln dried sand ( I prefer 2 x bags from Selco )
--Wait a day for the sand to settle in ---
3. Apply Sealer with a roller ( Wickes sells for £25 or the inferior one from Screwfix is £13 )
-- Wait a day --
4.Apply sealer again

I recently did mine and it looks amazing!

The sealer solidifies the sand so that weed does not grow from underneath.
Edited by: "zworld" 20th Jul
Caulcano20/07/2020 11:48

Hi, I use it once a year to get rid of the algae and it works for me (off …Hi, I use it once a year to get rid of the algae and it works for me (off fence panels as well). However, I'm not sure its designed to get rid of the weeds as you have described.

Will use weedkiller on the weeds first in that case
zworld20/07/2020 13:15

So, wait for consecutive sunny days.1. Use a Pressure washer to shoot away …So, wait for consecutive sunny days.1. Use a Pressure washer to shoot away all moss/weeds. Aim at the bricks/paving instead of the joints.--Wait a day for drying ----2. Brush in Kiln dried sand ( I prefer 2 x bags from Selco )--Wait a day for the sand to settle in ---3. Apply Sealer with a roller ( Wickes sells for £25 or the inferior one from Screwfix is £13 )-- Wait a day --4.Apply sealer againI recently did mine and it looks amazing!The sealer solidifies the sand so that weed does not grow from underneath.

Thanks was going for similar plan. Haven't sanded sealed my drive before. Thanks for the info i would have ended up using sealant once otherwise.
Patio magic made no difference to our moss between paving, nor weeds, nor the discolouration, nor much else.
BluebirdRobin20/07/2020 19:25

Patio magic made no difference to our moss between paving, nor weeds, nor …Patio magic made no difference to our moss between paving, nor weeds, nor the discolouration, nor much else.

Think will leave the patio magic for just before winter and jet wash and seal for now. Normally jet wash once a year up until now
4rf4n20/07/2020 14:35

Thanks was going for similar plan. Haven't sanded sealed my drive before. …Thanks was going for similar plan. Haven't sanded sealed my drive before. Thanks for the info i would have ended up using sealant once otherwise.

I have pressure washed and sanded before. But, have never sealed either. This was my first time doing this. ;D
It is quite laborious and time consuming. It took me four days and hopefully I don't have to repeat this in the next five years!
Edited by: "zworld" 20th Jul
I wasn't impressed with patio magic,won't be buying again.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants