Paul Stewart: I was sexually abused by my football coach for four years. The PFA has called for a full inquiry into the sexual abuse of young players amid fears it may still be going on.

Banned 26 replies
Found 24th Nov 2016
Hundreds of former players may have been victims of sexual abuse at football clubs in the 1980s and 1990s, the Professional Footballers' Association said.

Former Tottenham and Liverpool player reveals torment of youth
• It frightened me to death, I did not know what to do.
[img]i.guim.co.uk/img…jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=d9ce716e35398d8e0c5e86fa510fc219[/img]

theguardian.com/foo…ach

Barry Bennell: Who is man behind football's abuse scandal?
Four footballers have contacted police about former scout Barry Bennell since one of his alleged victims spoke out last week.

For more than a decade Barry Bennell was one of the most respected talent spotters in the game - but his place in football was a front for a perversion the scale of which is only now becoming clear.
[img]e3.365dm.com/16/…jpg?20161124104509[/img]

news.sky.com/sto…834

Cheshire police expand football sexual abuse inquiry as 11 people come forward - theguardian.com/foo…ard

Football sex abuse claims: NSPCC received more than 50 calls - A hotline, set up after four ex-footballers spoke out about being sexually abused by coaches as children, has received more than 50 calls within its first two hours. NSPCC says. bbc.co.uk/spo…552

Here we go again!

26 Comments

terrible but what does youdon'twanttoknow think though?

Original Poster Banned

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/624/cpsprodpb/113AC/production/_92627507_footballers.jpg
The four players to speak publicly have each waived their right to anonymity as sex abuse victims. Paul Stewart (left), Steve Walters (middle) and Andy Woodward (right) have also gone public with their ordeals

Dr Allin-Khan said she welcomed the FA's involvement but wants the governing body to do more.

She said a criminal record check on coaches was "not enough", adding: "The FA need to look immediately at what action can be taken to ensure our children are being coached and supervised only by those who have their best interests at heart.

"Parents will no doubt be worried about these claims, it has the potential to seriously damage the reputation of football in our country''

bbc.co.uk/spo…552
Edited by: "MrScotchBonnet" 24th Nov 2016

MrScotchBonnet

The four players to speak publicly have each waived their right to … The four players to speak publicly have each waived their right to anonymity as sex abuse victims. Paul Stewart (left), Steve Walters (middle) and Andy Woodward (right) have also gone public with their ordeals

and what exactly are your thoughts?

David White former Citeh player was abused as well. He was a quality player. Very underrated.

Dirty ****.

Original Poster Banned

davewave

and what exactly are your thoughts?

My thoughts are what the hell is wrong with these dirty vile creatures!! It's very important to teach children what good and bad touching is. Always make sure they know that no matter what anyone ever said to them, that no one could hurt them. It's shocks me to think this could still possibly be happening.

gmdlogan

David White former Citeh player was abused as well. He was a quality … David White former Citeh player was abused as well. He was a quality player. Very underrated. Dirty ****.

who is a Dirty *****?

Original Poster Banned

davewave

who is a Dirty *****?

Who do you think! oO

MrScotchBonnet

My thoughts are what the hell is wrong with these dirty vile creatures!! … My thoughts are what the hell is wrong with these dirty vile creatures!! It's very important to teach children what good and bad touching is. Always make sure they know that no matter what anyone ever said to them, that no one could hurt them. It's shocks me to think this could still possibly be happening.

very true.

MrScotchBonnet

Who do you think! oO

illuminate me

What I do find most unsettling about this is that there was virtually no publicity when Bennell was first convicted in 1998. I don't recall anything being in the mainstream press at the time.

Original Poster Banned

RonChew

What I do find most unsettling about this is that there was virtually no … What I do find most unsettling about this is that there was virtually no publicity when Bennell was first convicted in 1998. I don't recall anything being in the mainstream press at the time.

''In May last year, he was jailed for two years for sexual offences committed against a 12-year-old boy in 1980. During the court case he described himself as a "monster".

Ah well, a lengthy sentence and he's admitted he was a bit of a monster at the time. I'm sure he'll be a new man now he's out on license.

davewave

who is a Dirty *****?

Who do you **** think? As if I'm going to imply that David White or Paul Stewart are dirty you lollipop.

I bet a few men in charge of kids teams will not be having a good nights sleep tonight, and more men will come out saying it happend to them.

It is good these monsters will finally face what they deserve

Banned

miles136

I bet a few men in charge of kids teams will not be having a good nights … I bet a few men in charge of kids teams will not be having a good nights sleep tonight, and more men will come out saying it happend to them.It is good these monsters will finally face what they deserve

On the plus side at least most of these people need CRB checks now

YouDontWantToKnow

true but if they have never been cautioned or convicted it would show nothing Jimmy Savel would have passed

Banned

miles136

true but if they have never been cautioned or convicted it would show … true but if they have never been cautioned or convicted it would show nothing Jimmy Savel would have passed

Good point but his offences where mostly (if not all) prior to Soham & I bet he shat himself after that & hurried back under the stone he crawled from praying for the fact he wasn't busted soon.

RonChew

What I do find most unsettling about this is that there was virtually no … What I do find most unsettling about this is that there was virtually no publicity when Bennell was first convicted in 1998. I don't recall anything being in the mainstream press at the time.

BBC probably helped them cover it up.!

YouDontWantToKnow

DBS checks ;).

It is very disturbing, I cannot believe the amount of sexual abuse that has/is happening these days.

Banned

shauneco

DBS checks ;).

I await 4 days of beratement because the Government change the name of them

YouDontWantToKnow

I await 4 days of beratement because the Government change the name of … I await 4 days of beratement because the Government change the name of them

True, only 4?.

Banned

shauneco

True, only 4?.

Yep. Only 4 despite posting information that they were demanding which no one could contradict. Lovely site sometimes.

shauneco

It is very disturbing, I cannot believe the amount of sexual abuse that … It is very disturbing, I cannot believe the amount of sexual abuse that has/is happening these days.

​i don't think it is worse these days,
I think its just the amount that's coming out now.
someone said earlier not hearing about this, I had never heard anything about this.

shauneco

It is very disturbing, I cannot believe the amount of sexual abuse that … It is very disturbing, I cannot believe the amount of sexual abuse that has/is happening these days.

A wider reporting/understanding of these crimes as well as people with authority taking more of an interest makes it easier for people to come forward.

I find it hard to believe that sexual abuse of this nature is something new; which I feel is **** horrible.

At least now these sick people will get some form of punishment.
Edited by: "RossD89" 25th Nov 2016

shauneco

BBC probably helped them cover it up.!

Are you sure it wasn't the Remain group who were responsible, shaun?

On a serious note, there was a Dispatches programme on Channel 4 about Bennell but I don't think that it got that much coverage elsewhere. There has always been a marked reluctance on the part of the Murdoch empire to be too critical about anything the FA is involved with. Probably because all this took place so long ago and 'couldn't possibly happen now with the safeguards we have got in place', there is little risk to Sky Sports' golden egg from it appearing in the news now.
Edited by: "RonChew" 25th Nov 2016

RonChew

Are you sure it wasn't the Remain group who were responsible, shaun? ;)On … Are you sure it wasn't the Remain group who were responsible, shaun? ;)On a serious note, there was a Dispatches programme on Channel 4 about Bennell but I don't think that it got that much coverage elsewhere. There has always been a marked reluctance on the part of the Murdoch empire to be too critical about anything the FA is involved with. Probably because all this took place so long ago and 'couldn't possibly happen now with the safeguards we have got in place', there is little risk to Sky Sports' golden egg from it appearing in the news now.

Actually.............

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)98198
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769468
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247628
    4. South Park: The Fractured Butt Hole Preorders - Ubisoft Store (Free Season …22

See more discussions