Expired

Pay After Delivery

Found 17th Mar
Got an invite. Anybody else doing this?
Pay After Delivery is a payment method that we’re offering to selected customers, where you don’t pay for your item until after you’ve received it.

We pay the seller immediately, so they can send you the item straight away, but we wait for 14 days before we debit the money from your bank account. This gives you time to receive and view your item before you pay. If the item doesn't arrive or isn't what you expected, you’ve 180 days from the transaction date to report a problem as usual. Our Buyer Protection covers you for eligible items.

We only offer Pay After Delivery to selected customers with a confirmed bank account. If you’ve signed up for it, you’ll have the option to select it during checkout, but you may not be able to use it for all your purchases, including intangible goods and cross-border purchases.

If you sign up, it automatically becomes your default way to pay when it’s available.

Basically a 2 week free loan. Not sure what happens on not received/return items
Community Updates
13 Comments
Thry have been doing this for the past couple of years. I find it a pain as I thought I'd paid for an item and found about 1 month later I hadn't lol. Your protected by ebay and PayPal if something doesn't turn up anyways, even if it turns up faulty. Might benefit some but I don't use it personally.
Edited by: "stoneblade" 17th Mar
mod
Hi @teame.trevski I've moved this over to misc as it's more of an informational post. Thanks for posting
Yes just got email signed up, only selected retailers though
Seems pointless to me. It doesn't add anything as you have buyer protection whether you pay upfront or not. For the amount of issues I've had as a buyer, may as well just pay upfront and have done with it.
I have been using this for over a year. It's ok, but make sure you always have enough money in the card your using. I use a Post Office credit card for eBay, but once Ididn't keep track of my purchases. Thankfully the P.O. texted me to say my account was about to go overdrawn and need to put money into it before 2pm to avoid charges.
Original Poster
i use a credit card, maybe thats why i got an invite. seems to want all purchases to go directly through your bank.
Predikuesi30 m ago

I have been using this for over a year. It's ok, but make sure you always …I have been using this for over a year. It's ok, but make sure you always have enough money in the card your using. I use a Post Office credit card for eBay, but once Ididn't keep track of my purchases. Thankfully the P.O. texted me to say my account was about to go overdrawn and need to put money into it before 2pm to avoid charges.

That's surprisingly considerate of them.
That's not the norm though is it?
Bestard4 m ago

That's surprisingly considerate of them.That's not the norm though is it?

Can't comment on other banks. I don't remember setting this up when I took out the Post Office account. I suspect was just an automated service. It would be a decent thing for other banks to do though.
stoneblade2 h, 42 m ago

Thry have been doing this for the past couple of years. I find it a pain …Thry have been doing this for the past couple of years. I find it a pain as I thought I'd paid for an item and found about 1 month later I hadn't lol. Your protected by ebay and PayPal if something doesn't turn up anyways, even if it turns up faulty. Might benefit some but I don't use it personally.

Same here. Look at my bank and think I'm doing better than expected..... Then paypal take their money later on and I think a few four letter words.
Bestard2 h, 8 m ago

That's surprisingly considerate of them.That's not the norm though is it?

Nat West do it for me on a basic no frills current account (can't remember the actual name of the account), they also text me my account balance once a week.
I just assumed this option to pay later was there for everyone as it’s been on my account for ages but I didn’t ask for it and never use it as like others here, the protection is there anyway and I just like to get things paid for and out of the way.
deeky4 h, 18 m ago

Seems pointless to me. It doesn't add anything as you have buyer …Seems pointless to me. It doesn't add anything as you have buyer protection whether you pay upfront or not. For the amount of issues I've had as a buyer, may as well just pay upfront and have done with it.

It saves them taking it from your bank account straight away, If something gets returned and refunded it just cancels the pending amount etc..

If you get refunded, It usually goes into your paypal balance. Of course you can withdraw it etc... imo it's nice to have the option but not essential.

If I'm happy with my purchase I just approve the transaction.
Had it for agesss, I use it as I only transfer small amounts to the bank account linked to PayPal.

Just means I don't have to immediately transfer money if buying something expensive on ebay etc.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants