Groups

Pay and Go sim cards

Hi everyone, I recently signed up to a new EE pay monthly. I'd like to transfer my existing EE pay monthly number and therefore need a pay and go sim for another network.

Can anyone advise if there is another option other than spending £10 to top up and activate a new sim? The credit is going to be wasted when I use the PAC code so ideally I want to get a £0 credit sim for £0. I know poundland and other shops sometimes sell sims for £1, can anyone confirm if these need topping up or if they are already active please?

The irony is, I've got two EE pay go SIM cards, both with £10 credit, that I don't want to use, I wonder if there's anyone that would to swap... lol

Thank you for reading, and thanks in advance for your responses

7 Comments

just buy a 3 sim no top up needed and port in and out. that's what we do. quite easy and hassle free

Am confused, if you have a ee number why can't you phone ee and let them do it?

Google any network followed by "payg free sim" I had two off Virgin and three of EE

Original Poster

Most networks will give out a free sim, but I think they also force you to top up to activate them. i.e. the free sim won't work until it has credit on it, therefore I can't PAC. Can anyone say otherwise please?

EE won't transfer between two pay monthly numbers when they are on the same account and holder

A asda sim works without a top up(10 minutes and 10 texts included). never needed a pac tho.
    Three data reward sim has min top up of £2 and can port in online.

Go online to the three website and they will send you a free sim. No top up needed. This is what I have done to port my ee number out to three and then back to ee.

I have the same issue, want to move on to an EE pay monthly SIM without changing number. Thanks for this post and​ the helpful replies, my problem is solved too
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Iptv814
      2. How to cancel Virgin Media?812
      3. Mountain bike £200-£30033
      4. Music download22

See more discussions