Groups
    EXPIRED

pay as you go iphone, need advice please!

Hi there,

I want a pay as you go iphone 3G (8/16 GB) as I am already tied up with o2 carphoneware house for an year and half on a sim only deal. I wonder if it would be ok to buy one from ebay (price ranges from £250-£300), I am not sure though if apple warranty becomes void with ebay phones. O2 sells it for £342 on their website.

Can somebody please advise about any good options,

Rep will be added for any helpful comment

Best Regards

8 Comments

LOL I wouldnt buy anything apple related on eBay...not even a Golden Delicious mate.....buy it from a reputable store, O2, CPW or Apple Store.....dont disappoint yourself with buying something from the fleabay like that.

wht dont u check on gumtree.com sometimes u get new mobile phone for cheap on their, people wiling for quick sale r on thr, have a look
    good luck

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;6490348

LOL I wouldnt buy anything apple related on eBay...not even a Golden … LOL I wouldnt buy anything apple related on eBay...not even a Golden Delicious mate.....buy it from a reputable store, O2, CPW or Apple Store.....dont disappoint yourself with buying something from the fleabay like that.

Thanks for your reply. Why not buy anything apple related on ebay, I mean why only apple, why not othere brands also. rep added.

Original Poster

flp14344;6490386

wht dont u check on gumtree.com sometimes u get new mobile phone for … wht dont u check on gumtree.com sometimes u get new mobile phone for cheap on their, people wiling for quick sale r on thr, have a lookgood luck

thanks a lot for your reply, i will have a look rep added.

pied_piper;6490422

Thanks for your reply. Why not buy anything apple related on ebay, I mean … Thanks for your reply. Why not buy anything apple related on ebay, I mean why only apple, why not othere brands also. rep added.

It does include other brands, however apple products are one of the most sought after product brands and if people "think" they will get them for a cheaper price then they will be more tempted to go for it....and give themselves all manner of grief....

Product not authentic, product out of warranty despite seller saying it has warranty, how do you know the phone you will get hasnt been stolen and that the original owner wont get it locked shortly after you receive it, what if you receive some other crap and the seller does a runner with the cash....

you leave yourself wide open for the fall out....personally I'd rather pay the extra bit of cash and buy it with peace of mind knowing that its brand new, authentic, will work and has a full warranty......and if I do have any issues with it then I know that its going to be dealt with reasonably.

Original Poster

taken on board, steven, thanks a bundle.

i bought one from e-bay made sure i got serial number first checked it first, then went local to cillect it made sure it worked with a pay as you go sim , cost me £260 for a 8gb very good condition, 10 months warranty, not a bad experience, just do a search by locality:thumbsup:

pied_piper;6490591

taken on board, steven, thanks a bundle.

You could always ask for the serial, even if its on ebay, as long as their a good seller they should reply.
    I've had one mess up on me, i didn't really care about warranty at the time of buying it, but when i took it into apple store, they replaced it straight away!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Community Appreciation Giveaway​ (razerzone​)​11
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick99
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk44
      4. Win a Karcher Xpert Pressure Washer88

See more discussions