Expired

Pay as you go SIM, charged by direct debit at the end of the month?

Found 2nd Jun 2011
I work outside of the UK, but come back every month or so for a few days. I'm looking for a SIM only deal which is essentially pay as you go, but instead of having to top up I would just get charged by direct debit at the end of the month.

Does anyone know of such a thing?

I'm with TMobile at the moment and wouldn't mind staying with them, but I'm not really bothered.
Community Updates
AskPAYGSim
8 Comments
why dont you just geta sim only 30 day rolling thing or try three they do sims where you only pay when you use it
http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/sim-only/sim-only-20-fixed-30day/unlimited-text/extras/

Its a Contract/Payg sim... When your minutes run out, you have to top up (as it changes to PAYG) - therefore your bill will ALWAYS be £20.42 per mth (by Direct Debit) then you can top up more if you need to.
Get the TMobile Iphone 4 Microsim deal, Free sim + £10 Top up.

Each month that you top up by £10, get 100 free minutes next month.

Free data for 12 Months then you can get data for £20 for 6 months.

If your phone does not use a microSim get a Sim Caddy.
Thanks jamespir, I might go with a 30 day rolling contract like this: http://threestore.three.co.uk/dealsummary.aspx?offercode=1SO0D011

Cheers, Pr3cious18, but I'm going to spend nowhere near £20 a month when I'm usually back for only 4 days!
rcwmeg

Get the TMobile Iphone 4 Microsim deal, Free sim + £10 Top up.Each month … Get the TMobile Iphone 4 Microsim deal, Free sim + £10 Top up.Each month that you top up by £10, get 100 free minutes next month.Free data for 12 Months then you can get data for £20 for 6 months.If your phone does not use a microSim get a Sim Caddy.

Interesting, that sounds like a pretty good idea. Do you know the easiest way to get a sim caddy?
So just rang TMobile up and switched to a £10/month 30 day rolling contract, discounted to £5/month for the first three months. That includes 100 texts, 100 minutes and internet booster.

I asked about the Micro-SIM deal rcwmeg, and although they said they could do it on a normal SIM (so I could avoid the caddy hassle) you have to top up by £10 a month to keep the free internet going, so it was worse than the above deal I was offered.

Will check again in a couple of months to see if I can beat it. Thanks for your help guys!

Ask in store at Tmobile, I did and got a couple.

I needed to trim slightly at the edge to get the microsim into the caddy, not much, just to smooth bumps like using sandpaper if you have any.

Not what I was told, only needed to top up if you needed to or you wanted the free minutes the next month.

When I activated, I got an email confirminy the free 12 month Internet.

You may be right, am going to top up each month anyway, my wife is going to transfer over from virgin.

Will see, Good luck.

BTW, where overseas are you usually.

Not the US by any chance.

Yetatso

Interesting, that sounds like a pretty good idea. Do you know the easiest … Interesting, that sounds like a pretty good idea. Do you know the easiest way to get a sim caddy?

I have a sim only deal from Virgin where I pay by direct debit, don't know if they still do that, but their latest deal is pay £5.00 a month and get unlimited text, 250 minutes and 250mb data.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions