Pay monthly contract question

Posted 20th Dec 2019
We purchased a new phone on a pay monthly contract with 100gb of data. Can the sim be removed and inserted into another phone as the owner of the new phone will not be needing all that data? Heard that it can be locked or something. Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
yes it can be used in any unlocked phone.
The SIM is not locked to a particular phone but the phone could be locked to a particular network, depending on what network it is registered with.
i used to buy a phone on a monthly contract then give the sim to my mum and just keep the phone with my own sim.

so as already said above no problem with taking the sim out and use it in another phone that will accept that network, so an unlocked phone or one locked to the network of the sim will work.
If your with ee and maybe other networks you can add a cheap sim only deal and share the 100gb so take out a £9 sim only with like 1gb but have 101gb between the 2.
The sim can be moved to any other phone on the same network or unlocked. If the sim size is different just pop to the shop for a free SIM card converter. Then the current phone can put with a different SIM card just ask the network to unlock the phone after 30 days.
toonsquirel20/12/2019 12:34

If your with ee and maybe other networks you can add a cheap sim only deal …If your with ee and maybe other networks you can add a cheap sim only deal and share the 100gb so take out a £9 sim only with like 1gb but have 101gb between the 2.

I nearly didn't that but the downside is you have to manually gift the data every month. They can't both just draw from it.
Thank you everyone! Both phones and sims are on three. Just wanted to confirm we won’t experience any issues doing this.
D3ATHST3P20/12/2019 12:56

Thank you everyone! Both phones and sims are on three. Just wanted to …Thank you everyone! Both phones and sims are on three. Just wanted to confirm we won’t experience any issues doing this.

Nope the contract is on the sim not the phone so very simple
D3ATHST3P20/12/2019 12:56

Thank you everyone! Both phones and sims are on three. Just wanted to …Thank you everyone! Both phones and sims are on three. Just wanted to confirm we won’t experience any issues doing this.

If it's a phone obtained through Three, then it will be unlocked anyway.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants