Pay on delivery

Posted 13th Nov
Hey there guys,
I am new to UK and just wanted to know whether we get Pay on Delivery option here in UK on any website?
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
Just eat will let you pay on delivery
Babbabooey13/11/2019 15:33

Just eat will let you pay on delivery

Thanks for the information. Appreciate
Like with a Takeaway (Food) or are you talking actual items?
Norseg13/11/2019 16:43

Like with a Takeaway (Food) or are you talking actual items?

I am talking about actual items. For eg Mobiles, Shoes etc..
Ankit_Gaekwad13/11/2019 16:53

I've think I've heard of it but I don't know who

Definitely not common
Best just to use card
Edited by: "Norseg" 13th Nov

It's not really a thing in the UK, the term we would use for it is Cash On Delivery/COD and you might find a local supplier who would do it eg a bed or a bag of manure, but none of the main retail websites would offer it.
IamMT13/11/2019 16:59

It's not really a thing in the UK, the term we would use for it is Cash On …It's not really a thing in the UK, the term we would use for it is Cash On Delivery/COD and you might find a local supplier who would do it eg a bed or a bag of manure, but none of the main retail websites would offer it.

I've tried paying with card. When I filled my card details the order got placed without even charging my card. What type of conditions do they have?
Ankit_Gaekwad13/11/2019 17:05

I've tried paying with card. When I filled my card details the order got …I've tried paying with card. When I filled my card details the order got placed without even charging my card. What type of conditions do they have?

T&Cs vary and I'm sure someone will advise, but often payment is not taken until the seller confirms the order & the item is despatched.
IamMT13/11/2019 17:10

T&Cs vary and I'm sure someone will advise, but often payment is not taken …T&Cs vary and I'm sure someone will advise, but often payment is not taken until the seller confirms the order & the item is despatched.

Will they auto deduct from my card balance after I provide them with my card information?

It doesn't really happen in the UK. The nearest you'll get is payment taken on dispatch at Amazon.
Ankit_Gaekwad13/11/2019 17:12

Will they auto deduct from my card balance after I provide them with my …Will they auto deduct from my card balance after I provide them with my card information?

It varies. Check an individual website for specific details, but usually they may initially put a hold on a card to establish you can pay.
Ankit_Gaekwad13/11/2019 17:12

Will they auto deduct from my card balance after I provide them with my …Will they auto deduct from my card balance after I provide them with my card information?

Sometimes
Some take the payment on dispatch, some straight away, either way it doesn't matter since once you click pay after entering your address and card details you're agreeing to purchase the item, usually you can cancel before dispatch

Stick with the well known sites
I'm surprised you don't know
Edited by: "Norseg" 13th Nov
PayPal do pay after delivery with certain sellers, but you have to use PayPal..
Norseg13/11/2019 18:19

Sometimes Some take the payment on dispatch, some straight away, either …Sometimes Some take the payment on dispatch, some straight away, either way it doesn't matter since once you click pay after entering your address and card details you're agreeing to purchase the item, usually you can cancel before dispatch Stick with the well known sites I'm surprised you don't know

Will be great if you mention some
Bargainhead14/11/2019 05:51

PayPal do pay after delivery with certain sellers, but you have to use …PayPal do pay after delivery with certain sellers, but you have to use PayPal..

Noted!
Ankit_Gaekwad13/11/2019 17:05

I've tried paying with card. When I filled my card details the order got …I've tried paying with card. When I filled my card details the order got placed without even charging my card. What type of conditions do they have?

What site? Could be a scam where they deliver nothing but charge your card later
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants