pay slip issues from work...

Found 28th Aug 2009
Right, i was in work this evening when i got my payslip a week late, i looked at it and it said that i have had 8 hours of unpaid sick this month, i haven't been off sick in a while (100% sure not in the last month) the only time i have taken off was which i booked off for a christening i had to go to on the 16th (which i booked holiday for 4 weeks in advance like i am supposed to). I raised this issue to my manager and he wasn't the greatest of help of what i should do all he said is that he will get another manager to look at it. Just wondering if anybody knows where i stand on getting my money which i am owed?

Rep added for good + useful answers

Danny09

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
8 Comments

Well just let the other manager look at it. If you haven't been sick then they won't have any log of it, ie phone calls, sick notes etc. I don't know what sort of firm it must be if you can't just say 'you've made a mistake here, I haven't been sick' and them deal with it.

From what you have written it rather looks like they have stopped you for the day off for the christening ?

But that's just an assumption, if you have a human recourses or personnel department take the pay slip to them and ask them to investigate.

If not you are at the hands of your manager, smile sweetly and ask for an explanation.

More than likely it's just human error.

Original Poster

hottoshop;6140823

From what you have written it rather looks like they have stopped you for … From what you have written it rather looks like they have stopped you for the day off for the christening ?But that's just an assumption, if you have a human recourses or personnel department take the pay slip to them and ask them to investigate.If not you are at the hands of your manager, smile sweetly and ask for an explanation.More than likely it's just human error.

but i made sure that i had the christening booked off atleast 28 days notice which i put in almost 2 months before the christening and it was accepted and confirmed on the calander, this is why im so confused :-(, i cant take it to my HR as thats in Hemel Hempsted lol bit far for me to travel :whistling:

Repped

deek72;6140812

Well just let the other manager look at it. If you haven't been sick then … Well just let the other manager look at it. If you haven't been sick then they won't have any log of it, ie phone calls, sick notes etc. I don't know what sort of firm it must be if you can't just say 'you've made a mistake here, I haven't been sick' and them deal with it.

yeah i suppose, i will leave it a few days and get back to them, hopefully they will give me my money which they owe me.

Repped

hottoshop;6140823

From what you have written it rather looks like they have stopped you for … From what you have written it rather looks like they have stopped you for the day off for the christening ?

And your daily leave form for the day has vanished. That would explain it. Do you get receipts for your leave applications and keep copies tec?

danny09;6140832

yeah i suppose, i will leave it a few days and get back to them, … yeah i suppose, i will leave it a few days and get back to them, hopefully they will give me my money which they owe me.

Tell you what, if you don't get it back we'll have a whip-round payable by Paypal gift! I'll chip in with the first £1! How's that sound?

Original Poster

deek72;6140838

And your daily leave form for the day has vanished. That would explain … And your daily leave form for the day has vanished. That would explain it. Do you get receipts for your leave applications and keep copies tec?Tell you what, if you don't get it back we'll have a whip-round payable by Paypal gift! I'll chip in with the first £1! How's that sound?

we dont get forms back after we give them to our General Manager, he authorises it and then puts it in our personal file. Ahh mate you dont need to do that, i will just tell them i will get HR involved or something, then my manager will **** a brick lol, plus i dont have PP anyway lol

i think what they have done is put the wrong code through for paid leave and unpaid sick - if it is their mistake you are entitled to ask for the money immediately - but if you decide to hold on until next month to be paid then just ensure you get paid it in the next pay run. You need to ring up your HR department and just check what they have done - they will be able to give you an immediate answer and also rectify the mistake

Banned

So you raised the issue and the answer wasnt forthcoming immediately? Sue them then. Or wait to find out what your manager says. Or phone HR.

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;6145515

Don't work for Dixons do you, their HR used to be in Hemel and it's … Don't work for Dixons do you, their HR used to be in Hemel and it's common for them, if it is best of luck getting your dosh back.If not just phone up HR, yourself and tell them thier mistake and ask for it to be rectified on the next slip:thumbsup:

nah i dont work for DSGi (dixons, currys or pc world lol) luckily enough
Post a comment
@
    Text